Windows 10: Is there a single Windows laptop that doesn't have major audio issues?

Discus and support Is there a single Windows laptop that doesn't have major audio issues? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know that sounds hyperbolic, but I've owned 2 Dell XPS laptops, multiple Lenovo Yogabooks, and I just purchased a Surface Laptop 3. Every single one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Frasier_C, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Is there a single Windows laptop that doesn't have major audio issues?

I know that sounds hyperbolic, but I've owned 2 Dell XPS laptops, multiple Lenovo Yogabooks, and I just purchased a Surface Laptop 3. Every single one has had little issues with audio popping or cracking under even the most simple of tasks. You'd think modern machines running the world's most popular OS could handle something as simple as audio playback. For example, I can have nothing open on this new Surface Laptop aside from Spotify. Audio enhancements are disabled. Exclusive mode for audio applications is disabled, all background apps are suspended, nearly everything that can be deleted/uninstalled from the machine is removed, etc., yet just playing a single track won't be smooth. This happens with the internal speakers and via headphones. I'll get little occasional pops/clicks from the speakers that are immensely annoying/distracting.

None of these were/are low-end machines. They've all had quad-core i5s or i7s, anywhere from 8-32gb of RAM, and in each instance I always had every component of the computer, the OS, drivers, etc. up to date and with the most proper settings.

The only time I've ever had Windows handle audio properly is when I have an external audio interface (in my case Steinberg or Universal Audio) and the proprietary drivers for said interface are installed and running, but I'd love to be able to just listen to music via headphones on my new laptop without this issue. This was also only the case on the tower that I built myself.

And yes, I already exchanged the most recent device (the Surface Laptop 3). The problem exists on two separate computers of the same specs. It took 5 seconds of playing audio on both of them to hear a click/pop. This happened in Spotify, Groove, YouTube, VLC, etc.

I use Studio One as well, and while I don't expect this mid range machine to be my new go-to for multitrack recording, just selecting Windows Audio as the driver causes the CPU usage to spike to 99% every 5 seconds like clockwork and no audio will come out of the application. I have to download ASIO4all just to get a DAW to make sound. You'd think a device that runs an OS built by the SAME PEOPLE who built said device could have audio drivers that will support a common audio application.

I'm sure I sound frustrated, but I really don't want to buy a macbook. I like Windows. My apps and workflow are built around Windows. However, if I can't get a laptop of this quality so simply play an mp3 then I'm ditching Windows forever and never looking back.

Does anyone have any advice? I've spent hours on every forum and every thread and tried all advice I can find. Downloaded, updates, ran diagnostics, etc. Nothing helps.

submitted by /u/Frasier_C
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Frasier_C, Sep 13, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Is there a single Windows laptop that doesn't have major audio issues? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Audio doesn´t work aftter connecting headphones

Original Title: No audio

Sometimes when i want to use the headphones, i connect them to my computer and then the audio doesn´t work, so i need to restart my computer and the audio returns, so my question is, why this happen? i don´t want to restart my pc everytime that i need the
    headphones.

I hope that someone can answer me Is there a single Windows laptop that doesn't have major audio issues? :)

GiancarlosGarza, Sep 13, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

Is there a single Windows laptop that doesn't have major audio issues?

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

Is there a single Windows laptop that doesn't have major audio issues? [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Is there a single Windows laptop that doesn't have major audio issues?

1. Is there a single Windows laptop that doesn't have major audio issues? - Similar Threads - single laptop doesn't

2. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  3. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: I am currently running Windows 11 on my HP laptop. However, ever since I installed Windows 11 automatically, when I try to shut down and update my PC, I have experienced significant audio issues. I have never encountered this problem with Windows 10, which I used for years...
  4. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: Ever since y'all automatically installed Windows 11 when I tried to shutdown and update my PC I have had major audio issues. There is a clear audio disconnect sound and then when it reconnects in the 1-2 second span, Everything after is robotic and glitched out. Resets my...
  5. Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Causing Major Audio Issues: Ever since y'all automatically installed Windows 11 when I tried to shutdown and update my PC I have had major audio issues. There is a clear audio disconnect sound and then when it reconnects in the 1-2 second span, Everything after is robotic and glitched out. Resets my...
  6. Major Audio Issue Involving Rift S

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Major Audio Issue Involving Rift S: I'm not sure if anyone else has been having this problem. I have been using an Oculus Rift S for awhile now and this issue only started after the most recent update to Windows 10. I haven't been able to get ANY audio through my PC. Nothing through the headphones or speakers....
  7. Major Windows Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Windows Issues: Ive had some issues with windows over the past few days. Today I have gotten around 8 different stop codes 1. 0xc000021a 2. System Service Expection NTFS.sys failed 3. Page fault in nonpaged area 4. Kernal secruity check failure 5. Memory Management 6. System...
  8. Major Windows Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Major Windows Issue: Help, I received the blue screen in which it says my computer encountered a problem and needs to restart. I tried system restore, nothing. When I open certain programs I get C:\windows\system32\dhcpcsv.dll is either not designed to run on windows or its contains an error....
  9. Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10: Hi there, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. However, ever since I have done this I am having issues with my audio. I use a LG TV as my monitor which I have connected via HDMI. However, whenever watching a video or listening to music on Spotify, a occasional buzz can...
  10. Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Major Issues With Graphics and Audio Windows 10: Hi there, I have recently upgraded to Windows 10. However, ever since I have done this I am having issues with my audio. I use a LG TV as my monitor which I have connected via HDMI. However, whenever watching a video or listening to music on Spotify, a occasional buzz can...