Windows 10: Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks?

Discus and support Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using the anti-distraction app "Freedom blocker" - which, as long as it is running in the background blocks distractions. It comes with a feature... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GanonR, Dec 7, 2020.

1. /u/GanonR Win User

Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks?

I am using the anti-distraction app "Freedom blocker" - which, as long as it is running in the background blocks distractions. It comes with a feature that blocks access to task manager for the duration of the block session so youc can't force kill your session. Ideally I would like to have access to some task-manager type app. If there was an app/setting that meant you could only restart apps it would mean I could would not be able to end my freedom session for more than a few seconds - while still giving me the ability to reboot stalled apps.

Thanks for your help!

submitted by /u/GanonR
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GanonR, Dec 7, 2020
  2. infrared Win User

task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks? ;)

infrared, Dec 7, 2020
  3. tigger Win User
    task manager???

can someone tell me what is going on with my task manager,please.-

Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks? [​IMG]

tigger, Dec 7, 2020
  4. gR3iF Win User

Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks?

Windows Task Manager Cleanup

end it and u will see that your desktop is away^^

then u have to restart or restart the progress your should be around 30 tasks after your cleanup

gR3iF, Dec 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a task management tool/setting that permits only restarting but not killing of tasks? - Similar Threads - task management tool

2. Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart: I am currently on Windows 11 Build 22H2 23451.10000 .A couple of days ago, after the updates were installed, I restarted my system. Since the restart, I was not able to open Settings, Task Manager, or any other WinUI Application such as Calculator, Clock, Windows Security,...
  3. Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings and Task Manager Crashing after Restart: I am currently on Windows 11 Build 22H2 23451.10000 .A couple of days ago, after the updates were installed, I restarted my system. Since the restart, I was not able to open Settings, Task Manager, or any other WinUI Application such as Calculator, Clock, Windows Security,...
  4. Powershell task kill

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell task kill: I have several meeting rooms setup to empty the Outlook mailbox when its closed. So im trying to have a powershell script close Outlook after office hours but if you PS C:\> Stop-Process -Name "outlook" it just kills outlook where as if you manually close it a prompt comes up...
  5. Powershell task kill

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell task kill: I have several meeting rooms setup to empty the Outlook mailbox when its closed. So im trying to have a powershell script close Outlook after office hours but if you PS C:\> Stop-Process -Name "outlook" it just kills outlook where as if you manually close it a prompt comes up...
  6. No restart button in task manager

in Windows 10 Support
    No restart button in task manager: I am trying to restart windows explorer to unfreeze my task bar but there is no restart button in the bottom right corner like there is supposed to be. Now I have a black screen behind the task manager and don't know how to fix it. Help please and thank you! 175069
  7. Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager

in Cortana
    Someone killed cortana and searchUI.exe task from task manager: I was so happy with my newly upgraded laptop...but something weird happened after a month... This happened last week when I tried to search paint on windows search bar...but it didn't even open... I thought the PC was a little slow so I shut it down... and next day same...
  8. Can only on task manager?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can only on task manager?: I have a lenovo ideapad 320 and the following problem: My laptop starts normally, after that nothing can be clicked only by a combination of keys to open the Task Manager. In this time bios was updated, i could also access device manager (through task manager), that means i...
  9. Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager > startup > task scheduler configuration tool: So im going through my pc's with a comb (you've noticed if you are following this forum lol) and i came across this. Due to the fact I have 2 entries on this pc, and 1 on my backup pc, I "think" i know what it is, but I want to make sure as I dont recall them being there in...
  10. Task Manager Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task Manager Settings: Time shows on Task Manager on Task Bar. Would like Date to show as well. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager-settings/b9ff03b5-a332-4e45-8293-6993b0cf9b7b