Windows 10: Is there a taskbar modification for opened programs to make them more noticeable?

Discus and support Is there a taskbar modification for opened programs to make them more noticeable? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Here is what my taskbar icons look like now: https://imgur.com/Y2qVBCV All 3 icons are pinned. The light blue horizontal bars on the bottom are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sephkane, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Is there a taskbar modification for opened programs to make them more noticeable?

Here is what my taskbar icons look like now: https://imgur.com/Y2qVBCV

All 3 icons are pinned. The light blue horizontal bars on the bottom are supposed to signify the program is open. On my 1440p monitor they are almost impossible to see if I don't lean in to take a closer look. I'm glad it's there, and I'm glad the currently focused programs icon is shaded with a darker color to make it easy to see which program is in the forefront. But I can't tell which other programs I have open by looking at the taskbar, and I usually have many open programs that I have pinned icons for there.

Is there a modification that will make those bars thicker, or maybe like the focused programs background, darker? Or just some way that will make my opened apps icons stand out more so I can see at a glance what I have opened in the background?

submitted by /u/sephkane
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sephkane, Apr 29, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Remove (open) programs from taskbar

I'd just get a program called Ultramon. It puts a second taskbar on the second monitor, so if you have something up and running on the second monitor at all times it is displayed on that taskbar. It doesn't do exactly what you want, but it does solve the problem of wasted taskbar space.

newtekie1, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Frick Win User
    Remove (open) programs from taskbar

Hey all!

Ok, so some programs I have running all the time, like Spotify and Outlook. They are actually pretty much open all the time as I finally got around to plug in the second monitor. So it feels like a waste of taskbar space to actually have them be there, especially as I have them ready at hand in the notification area.

It seems almost no programs can do this on their own, so does anyone know of anyway that this can be done?

Thanks for looking!

/Frick

EDIT: I know Outlook since 2003 have the option to "Hide when minimized", and that's good and all, but it's still in the taskbar when it's up and running.

Frick, Apr 29, 2020
  4. colparis Win User

Is there a taskbar modification for opened programs to make them more noticeable?

Modification date of link files (lnk) is updated when clicked, and if they are in a toolbar

I'm on Windows 10, and I customized a toolbar in my taskbar, with links to programs (Notepad, Paint, Calc, ...). The steps I followed are:

• Create a folder MyToolbar
    • In this folder, add the shortcuts to notepad.exe (notepad.lnk) and mspaint.exe (mspaint.lnk)
    • Right click on the taskbar, chose Toolbar, then New Toolbar
    • Chose the folder MyToolbar
    • A new toolbar is created in the taskbar
    Every time I click on one of these icons to launch a program, for example Notepad, the modification date of notepad.lnk in the folder MyToolbar is updated.

This is annoying: because of this behavior, the synchronization program I use updates this file each time I click on it.

Can you reproduce this bug? Any solution?

colparis, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Is there a taskbar modification for opened programs to make them more noticeable?

1. Is there a taskbar modification for opened programs to make them more noticeable? - Similar Threads - taskbar modification opened

2. There is an unknown program making logs and making me choose in what program to open them

in Windows 10 Customization
    There is an unknown program making logs and making me choose in what program to open them: The problem seems to have started after i installed visual studio 2022. Whenever i login into my account i will be asked to choose with what program i want to open this file. I have found this program on startup and the users folder.Is it safe to delete these files?...
  3. There is an unknown program making logs and making me choose in what program to open them

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is an unknown program making logs and making me choose in what program to open them: The problem seems to have started after i installed visual studio 2022. Whenever i login into my account i will be asked to choose with what program i want to open this file. I have found this program on startup and the users folder.Is it safe to delete these files?...
  4. There is an unknown program making logs and making me choose in what program to open them

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. apps hiding in the background and not showing in the taskbar when more of them are opened...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    apps hiding in the background and not showing in the taskbar when more of them are opened...: I use google chrome and I always leave the maximum number of tabs opened in that at the same time which will consume a lot of RAM I know, but I also have a lot of RAM on my PC 32GB so that shouldn't be a problem and according to task manager only 42% of my RAM is under usage...
  6. apps hiding in the background and not showing in the taskbar when more of them are opened...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    apps hiding in the background and not showing in the taskbar when more of them are opened...: I use google chrome and I always leave the maximum number of tabs opened in that at the same time which will consume a lot of RAM I know, but I also have a lot of RAM on my PC 32GB so that shouldn't be a problem and according to task manager only 42% of my RAM is under usage...
  7. If you make modifications and save the file after the program opens it, the creation date...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If you make modifications and save the file after the program opens it, the creation date...: Windows 10 Home Version : 21H2Translated EnglishNormally, when I open a file in the program, edit it and save it, the file's creation date remains the same, and only the modified date and accessed date change. However, a problem occurred after I bought an NVME SSD for storage...
  8. Taskbar Modification apps?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Modification apps?: I'm really frustrated with the way taskbar works in Windows 10 and there doesn't appear to be settings to help me. I do not want window previews to popup on mouse hover. This is confusing, unnecessary, and it frequently gets in the way of my work. Why can't I turn this off?...
  9. Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?

Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?: Not a major issue, but kind of annoying me as it appears slightly transparent, but not enough. I use a solid black background, and it appears grey. Anyway to make it more transparent? I can't find any setting to adjust it. 109056
  10. Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?

Make Taskbar More Transparent In 1803?: Not here Mike......did the reg file, rebooted the system and no luck.......maybe there is something in my settings that is stopping it.....Oh well, not sure I really wanted it clear, just thought I would try to confirm your findings.. It's not completely clear, still has a...