Windows 10: Is there a tool like Spybot's TeaTimer to monitor registry and such?

Discus and support Is there a tool like Spybot's TeaTimer to monitor registry and such? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm still using Spybot 1.6.2 - only for TeaTimer, but its a resource hog. I do like it for monitoring the registry and such. Is there a free... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by STC, Mar 4, 2016.

1. STC
    STC Win User

Is there a tool like Spybot's TeaTimer to monitor registry and such?

I'm still using Spybot 1.6.2 - only for TeaTimer, but its a resource hog. I do like it for monitoring the registry and such. Is there a free lightweight tool I can use to replace TeaTimer? Thx!!

I currently use for security:
    • Avast free
    • Malwarebytes Antispyware
    • Spybot (for TeaTimer)
    • Spywareblaster

:)

2. Is there a microsoft tool to fix the registry of 258 errors?

I have used administrative windows powershel and typed <dism.exe1 /Online Cleanup-image /Restorehealth>.

It worked. I use all of windows tool for cleaning and troubleshooting. I wish Microsoft would a list of updates to your Microsoft account after they update anything. Then I would know if I received it. Sometimes it does not show up

in Settings' Update History. I am now in doubt of ever receiving the update for windows Defender KB2267602 or if I need it. Thank you for your help.

Best,

Sonja

iddibiddi46, Mar 4, 2016
  3. Is there a microsoft tool to fix the registry of 258 errors?

Hi Ken,

I hope you a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. I did.

Thank you so very much for your answer. I use windows defender for security.

I guess it will clean the registry also. Am I right. I do not see any other tool in

windows but there cleaning tools to use. That is what I will do.

Ken, I have 1 more question. I had an error 0x80300113 two days ago. It has

not popped up again. Can you take care of any errors that pop up with 1 of

windows' tool? Is yes, then which one?

Thank you, Ken

Sonja ()

iddibiddi46, Mar 4, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Depends in what manner you wish to monitor the registry and what advantage you hope to gain.

e.g. Regshot compares two versions of the registry to report changes.
    Sysinternals Procmon continuously monitors everything.

dalchina, Mar 5, 2016
  5. STC
    STC Win User
    I would like to see when something tries to add itself to the registry or startup and asks me. TeaTimer does this, but it's a resource hog.

6. If you would like to replace Avast as well, then 360 Total Security Essential does that.

By the way, you can ditch Spywareblaster, use ​Ghostery to block tracking or adguard in Edge.
    Instead of blocking webpages via HOSTS, which slows down, you could use safer DNS servers.

TairikuOkami, Mar 6, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Mike Lin's Startup Monitor - amazingly still works and it is tiny.

Then there's Winpatrol

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a tool like Spybot's TeaTimer to monitor registry and such? - Similar Threads - tool Spybot's TeaTimer

2. Spybot overrides Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spybot overrides Windows Defender: I run Windows 10 Home on a Dell Inspiron laptop. I've used Spybot Search and Destroy free version for years with no problems, but with the new version 2.9, I'm finding that when it's installed, it overrides Windows Defender. The only way I can find to re-enable WD is to...
  3. How to enable/disable registry tools?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to enable/disable registry tools?: i want to disable registry tools to prevent others from accessing registry . is there any way to disable registry tools on Windows 10 Home? and if disabled, how to enable it?...
  4. Registry Cleaning tools

Registry Cleaning tools: I have been a long time user of certain utilities that automate the general health status of the PC This includes such cleansing as unnecessary file removal - registry cleaning - bleaching of free space among others. Now I find that enhancement of such application may not...
  5. SpyBot

SpyBot: Hello, On occasions I ran "SpyBot" program. The findings results are cookies and some registry entries - they all are Green color (Registry). How much reliable is it ? Normally I run once a day "CCleaner" Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 140521
  6. SpyBot

in Windows 10 Support
    SpyBot: Hello, On occasions I ran "SpyBot" program. The findings results are cookies and some registry entries - they all are Green color (Registry). How much reliable is it ? Normally I run once a day "CCleaner" Answers will be appreciated. Thanks 140521
  7. snip tool registry enties request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snip tool registry enties request: Hi All, Having a problem with snipping tool - cant find folder path Event log is showing known folder not created Dont need any advice What i need is a snip of the following reg enties page from here HKCU - software-microsoft-windows-tabletpc-snipping tool Thanks in...
  8. Spybot

Spybot: Spybot will shortly be bringing out Spybot 2.5 for win 10, but 2.4 works fine anyway. If, like me, you have some passwords saved, spybot will remove them BUT, there is a solution: - Open Spybot by right clicking on the Spybot icon and choosing "Run as administrator". -...
  9. Spybot

Spybot: I just ran Spybot, but I had not done it for a couple of weeks. It found loads of spyware all labelled within Firefox folders. These must have crept in on a recent update. Very naughty Firefox. I cleaned them out and spybot reminded me I had not run immunization. So I did,...
  10. SpyBot anti-beacon for W10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SpyBot anti-beacon for W10: Spybot Anti-Beacon for Windows 10 is a small utility designed to block and stop the various tracking (aka telemetry) issues that come with Windows 10. Seeing the bunch of incomplete or broken scripts to disable tracking in Windows 10, and the tools that install adware or...