Windows 10: Is there a tutorial for deleting a crashed W10 upgrade?

Discus and support Is there a tutorial for deleting a crashed W10 upgrade? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I managed to get an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on my Windows 7 machine, with it waiting to install. I did not wish to do this! I additionally... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by glennc, Aug 2, 2015.

1. glennc Win User

Is there a tutorial for deleting a crashed W10 upgrade?

Hello,
    I managed to get an upgrade to Windows 10 Pro on my Windows 7 machine, with it waiting to install. I did not wish to do this! I additionally managed to get it to not install and my updates no longer show it as available. I did also manage to get an ISO for later use.
    I wish to delete the crashed install and it's files, such as the $Windows~* stuff shown below

Is there a tutorial for deleting a crashed W10 upgrade? [​IMG]

Is there a tutorial to do this correctly or can someone assist?
    Thank you for any assistance,

:)

glennc, Aug 2, 2015

2. Is there a tutorial for Windows Maps?

You can find help for the
    Maps app here
    , which includes instructions for some of the most common actions including

how to download offline maps

You should be able to find directions to places without having offline maps downloaded as long as you have Internet connectivity. The app shouldn't have problems finding that address as you typed it, are you still getting that error?

The app will automatically use the offline maps you download whenever you don't have an Internet connection. You can do searches and get driving and walking directions while offline.

Analy [MSFT], Aug 2, 2015
  3. Is there a tutorial for Windows Maps?

1. I have a Windows 10 laptop and a Windows 10 Lumia 730 Windows phone.

What tutorials are there for Windows Maps for Windows 10 Lumia 730 Windows phone?

2. On my Windows phone, I wanted to go from my Home to 78 Durgin Road, S. Paris, ME.

I get the answer: "We can't seem to find where you are going. Why?

Do I need to download maps of Maine? How? What APP to download maps needed?

3. Can you explain when / how I can use Offline MAPS on my Lumia 730?

When how to use online MAPS?

NicholasOurusoff, Aug 2, 2015
  4. glennc Win User

Second appeal for assistance....
    TIA

glennc, Aug 3, 2015
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 3, 2015
  6. glennc Win User
    glennc, Aug 4, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome Glenn. *Smile

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  8. glennc Win User

Shawn,
    I show 2.93Gb in Windows Update Cleanup, can I dump that also or would it be better to let it be?
    TIA
    glenn

glennc, Aug 4, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    If you don't plan on wanting to uninstall any of the Windows Updates, then it's fine to delete it in Disk Cleanup.

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  10. glennc Win User
    Okay!! Nevermind, thanx again *Shock
    glenn

glennc, Aug 4, 2015
  11. glennc Win User
    One last thing I noticed that may be of concern, it was left over from the previous deletions,

Is there a tutorial for deleting a crashed W10 upgrade? [​IMG]

The $Windows.~WS and subdirectories about 5.97Gb, keeper or not please?
    glenn

glennc, Aug 4, 2015
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a tutorial for deleting a crashed W10 upgrade? - Similar Threads - tutorial deleting crashed

2. Tutorial

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tutorial: My PC is showing Error Kmode Exception Not Handled I was trying to fix this blue screen ..is this YouTube tutorial will fix this issue ? https://youtu.be/_SzOIBvwg6Y?list=LL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tutorial/8dc52c96-bd3b-4c32-b19c-a825b32dc48c
  3. Tutorial

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tutorial: My PC is showing Error Kmode Exception Not Handled I was trying to fix this blue screen ..is this YouTube tutorial will fix this issue ? https://youtu.be/_SzOIBvwg6Y?list=LL https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tutorial/8dc52c96-bd3b-4c32-b19c-a825b32dc48c
  4. W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Upgrade: W10 Upgrade Failures: Upgrades 0xc fail every time and 20H2 always gets stuck at 61%. When I try the W Upgrade Assistant I get a message that it cannot instal as the automatic upgrade stuck at 61% is running.I have tried a few online suggestions but nothing seems to...
  5. W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W10 Upgrade: W10 Upgrade Failures: Upgrades 0xc fail every time and 20H2 always gets stuck at 61%. When I try the W Upgrade Assistant I get a message that it cannot instal as the automatic upgrade stuck at 61% is running.I have tried a few online suggestions but nothing seems to...
  6. W10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Upgrade To W10....For Free

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade To W10....For Free: It may be a dumb question, but I have recently read that you can still upgrade from W7 to W10, for FREE?.....is this correct, despite the free upgrade supposedly ending about four years ago......I have an old laptop that was last used about TEN years ago, and am trying to...
  8. Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro

Upgrading W10 Home to W10 Pro: I bought a new PC and am attempting to upgrade from the W10 Home that came with the PC with a version of W10 Pro that I bought to upgrade my old PC but the new machine will not recognize the software on the flash drive containing the W10 Pro upgrade...
  9. upgrading w7 to w10

upgrading w7 to w10: hello, this not my first round of trying fix windows over the years. got a older toshiba laptop L755 had windows 7 home prem. i like window 10. stupid me thinking upgrade. what could go wrong ???? made a usb drive boot for window 10. put in the laptop to totally new...
  10. upgrading W7 to W10

upgrading W7 to W10: Hi. This will probably be a common question. My wife uses W7. Does not want W10. I have been told that I can copy my W10 from my PC to a USB stick and install W10 like that on to her Laptop.. Is this possible please. If so, is there any set proceedure like which files to...