Windows 10: Is there a way for me to recover old quarantined items on Protection History?

Discus and support Is there a way for me to recover old quarantined items on Protection History? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; In Virus settings, this is the farthest back I can go to recover quarantined threats; 2022-03-03. Like it says in Protection History, it only lists the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Gem_9488, Jun 21, 2022.

1. Gem_9488 Win User

Is there a way for me to recover old quarantined items on Protection History?

In Virus settings, this is the farthest back I can go to recover quarantined threats; 2022-03-03. Like it says in Protection History, it only lists the recent items. Is there a way I can go back and find all/older versions of my quarantined threats?

:)

Gem_9488, Jun 21, 2022
  2. Fabler2 Win User

How recover file form Defender quarantine

Under Virus & Threat protection - protection history do you see a list? My Defender is broken and the only way to repair is to do a clean install of Windows 10. This is what shows in Defender for me,

Is there a way for me to recover old quarantined items on Protection History? [​IMG]

hopefully yours will show a filter tab and a list of blocked items.

Fabler2, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Paolo Mag Win User
    Where to restore quarantined items in Windows 10 creator update?

Hi,

As per the description of the issue, you would like to know how to restore files that has been quarantined by Windows Defender. For us to assist you, here's a simple guide on how to see where the quarantined files are located:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to History tab.
    • In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.
    • Place a check on the file that you want to restore, this should enable
      Allow item
    • Press Allow item, this should bring the file back to the original location.

To check where the files are located, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Open Windows Defender.
    • Go to History tab.
    • In the History tab, check for Quarantined items.
    • Click on view details.
    • In the description, it will show you the file path where it is located.

Let us know if the resolution provided works.

Paolo Mag, Jun 21, 2022
  4. Hazcrew Win User

How recover file form Defender quarantine

i'm sorry but if you read the original post.
    There is no protection history - and no quarantined items list for Defender.
    So no amount of links to web pages refering to those will help.

Details are there for Malwarebytes (see the screen dump I originally provided) and if Malwarebytes had quarantined it I could recover it..
    However , Malware bytes did not remove it - it was not considered a threat by Malwarebytes.
    The notification came up that MS Defender had removed it - even though Defender is not registered as the A/V app and the is no defender control centre.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Fabler 2 That was the solution
    I could access Defender setting and recover file by deregistering MalwareBytes.

Hazcrew, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Is there a way for me to recover old quarantined items on Protection History? - Similar Threads - recover old quarantined

2. Trojan was quarantined but does not show in Protection History. help please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trojan was quarantined but does not show in Protection History. help please?: I did a Windows security scan after a connected machine had a BSOD probably recent KB5029351 and 331 issues . the trojan Wacatac.B!ml was found and I quarantined it. However, there is no record of it in Protection History so I can't follow up with deleting it, nor can I send...
  3. Trojan was quarantined but does not show in Protection History. help please?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trojan was quarantined but does not show in Protection History. help please?: I did a Windows security scan after a connected machine had a BSOD probably recent KB5029351 and 331 issues . the trojan Wacatac.B!ml was found and I quarantined it. However, there is no record of it in Protection History so I can't follow up with deleting it, nor can I send...
  4. How to delete recent items from Protection History?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete recent items from Protection History?: I saw a question and tried to answer it, but the thread is locked. I had the same question as I recently had 3 files blocked from saving to OneDrive folder locations this week after WIN11 update.Here is the answer I...
  5. quarantined items

quarantined items: How do I delete quarantined items. Windows Defender does not list them or offer a way to remove them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/quarantined-items/d8fd7a87-e19d-41fc-bf67-2435b0e7d6b8
  6. How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items?

How to see FULL history of Windows 10 quarantine, & not just 'recent items?: Hello Before Windows update and as all the guides online show, it was possible to select to see 'Full history' to show ALL quarantined files, however now it's only possible to see 'recent items', and after a certain time older quarantined files drop off that list. I cannot...
  7. Remove Quarantined Threats History

Remove Quarantined Threats History: Why can't I remove all quarantined threats and clear all history at once in windows 10? [Original Title: Quarantined Threats] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-quarantined-threats-history/4022cd4c-482f-439b-b40e-af125d0ccbfc
  8. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  9. restoring quarantined items

restoring quarantined items: where is the history tab in MSE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/mse-protect_scanning-windows_7/restoring-quarantined-items/bf7f1eef-3b43-4640-b871-7f45da593878
  10. How to delete quarantined items

How to delete quarantined items: So when I go to the quarantined items and I check the history, I there's only a details and allow button, there's no remove button, please help! I don't want to be affected with viruses!...