Windows 10: Is there a way for Robocopy to ignore file copy errors?

Discus and support Is there a way for Robocopy to ignore file copy errors? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to backup files from a disk that is probably going bad. I've already run "chkdsk" on it, so now my old CRC errors are now "file unreadable"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RMDEQ, Oct 29, 2019.

1. RMDEQ Win User

Is there a way for Robocopy to ignore file copy errors?

I am trying to backup files from a disk that is probably going bad. I've already run "chkdsk" on it, so now my old CRC errors are now "file unreadable" errors.

I can't find any combination of the /R and /W switches that would permit errors to be ignored. It would make sense for /W:0 to mean this - why would you specify a zero second wait time? But, right now /W:0 is just another way to say "Make my log file infinite size"

Is there any other robocopy option that can do this?

:)

RMDEQ, Oct 29, 2019
  2. 3dWrecker Win User

Robocopy Ignores /SL in Windows 10

Robocopy is ignoring the /SL feature. (/SL :: copy symbolic links versus the target.). This causes it to copy the videos Music and Pictures folders twice because there are system shortcuts to these folders in the Documents folder for compatibility.

Command is as follows (replace ***** with user name):

Code:
    robocopy "C:\Users\*****\Documents" "E:\*****\Documents" /sl /mir

robocopy "C:\Users\*****\Videos" "E:\*****\Videos" /sl /mir

robocopy "C:\Users\*****\Music" "E:\*****\Music" /sl /mir

robocopy "C:\Users\*****\Pictures" "E:\*****\Pictures" /sl /mir

Please fix this Microsoft.

3dWrecker, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro - Robocopy Access Denied Error - But Files still Copy

Hello User. Seems like it is simply a bug with the script maybe. From the solutions I found, you have to take ownership of the files you are copying over or the file you are copying into and the error screen will not show up. And also giving administrator
    permissions.

Reference:
    https://community.spiceworks.com/topic/1739344-...

Some other solutions I found: The "Access is denied" message can be issued by robocopy (and other command line tools) when a file has an NTFS stream that tags the file as having been downloaded from the Internet or copied from a share.

And Chicojrman1 on technet suggested: Just run the same robocopy command a second time to effectively do an incremental, it will scan through and only copy files that have been updated or are new.

Reference:
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/...

Zackary Vanosdol, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Is there a way for Robocopy to ignore file copy errors?

Robocopy Error 2 - copyying folder in dropbox

I have successfully created and used the following batch file in windows10

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Documents\Test C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

However when I run the batch below to copy the contents of a folder in Dropbox I get

ERROR 2 (0x00000002) Accessing Source Directory C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts\
    The system cannot find the file specified.

robocopy C:\Users\Julie\Dropbox\accounts C:\Users\Julie\Documents\accounts-backup
    pause

Any suggestions to resolve this

ColinKinsella, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way for Robocopy to ignore file copy errors?

1. Is there a way for Robocopy to ignore file copy errors? - Similar Threads - Robocopy ignore file

2. Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can Robocopy copy in batches of files?: Evening, I'm just after a bit of help, I have a folder on my PC which has a load of files from my Nikon Camera - for my current example 1700 at around 42GB, I usually copy these to an external SDD but I'm guessing due to the SSD the speed tends to drop off so I start around...
  3. Robocopy - Is there any way to verify the copied file matches the source?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy - Is there any way to verify the copied file matches the source?: It doesn't appear there is anyway for Robocopy to verify/confirm the copied file matches the source, is that the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/robocopy-is-there-any-way-to-verify-the-copied/f577d35f-fa2c-4c8d-ab97-93852d8e1bcb
  4. Robocopy - Is there any way to verify the copied file matches the source?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy - Is there any way to verify the copied file matches the source?: It doesn't appear there is anyway for Robocopy to verify/confirm the copied file matches the source, is that the case? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/robocopy-is-there-any-way-to-verify-the-copied/f577d35f-fa2c-4c8d-ab97-93852d8e1bcb
  5. Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!: I use Robocopy frequently to copy large folder structures, recently I've found a situation where many files were copied, names, dates, sizes all match, but many are missing content. Some were .xml files so I can open those in Notepad and see the content is missing in the...
  6. Robocopy - Is there any way to verify the copied file matches the source?

7. Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Robocopy - Copying Files without Content?!: I use Robocopy frequently to copy large folder structures, recently I've found a situation where many files were copied, names, dates, sizes all match, but many are missing content. Some were .xml files so I can open those in Notepad and see the content is missing in the...
  8. robocopy only copies a couple of files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    robocopy only copies a couple of files: Initially I'd like to simply copy updated or missing files from the source to the destination locally...make a backup basically. I created an empty directory "testfolder" on the destination. I've tried NTFS and FAT32 destination drives initially I thought FAT32 was the issue....
  9. robocopy retry argument ignored

robocopy retry argument ignored: Hi! I've just faced a strange behaviour of robocopy as it ignores the /R argument. I use Windows 10, version 20.04, build 19041.508. I wanted to copy files from one folder to another using /R:10 retry 10 times and /W:3 wait 3 seconds between retries arguments but it...
  10. Robocopy not copying newer file

Robocopy not copying newer file: I have a file in a OneDrive folder named bernie3_journal.txt. It has today's date which is 10/7. I'm trying to use robocopy to copy the file to my son's OneDrive folder as shown below. The bernie3_journal.txt file in my son's OneDrive folder has a date stamp of 8/5. I've...