Windows 10: Is there a way for slideshow backgrounds to show at different times of day?

Discus and support Is there a way for slideshow backgrounds to show at different times of day? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So i have a slideshow with 48 images for chaning every 30 minutes for a total of 24 hours or a day, and i noticed it just starts on the first image... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/anders066, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Is there a way for slideshow backgrounds to show at different times of day?

So i have a slideshow with 48 images for chaning every 30 minutes for a total of 24 hours or a day, and i noticed it just starts on the first image when you turn on your PC. So i was wondering if there was a way to time them to specific times of the day?

submitted by /u/anders066
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/anders066, Jun 21, 2020
  2. JimD Win User

1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working

• To be clear, I am NOT talking about the screensaver settings found in Power Settings!
    • I have set Background Slideshow to 'Change picture every' 1 Day.
    • I can go a week without it changing automatically.

1. I have done some tests with settings of 1 minute or 10 minutes, then sleeping (not hibernating) the computer for various amount of time.
    2. The results show that the background changes, in general, at the next full 1 minute or 10 minutes clock cycle. (e.g. If I use 10 minutes then sleep for 5 minutes, return from sleep, the background does not change in 5 minutes. It doesn't even change in the next 10 minutes.)
    3. If I set the timer for 1 minute, sleep for 30 seconds, the change is done on a full minute clock time (i.e. if I set the time at 13:21:15 and wake at 13:21:45, the change will occur at 13:23:00. A full 75 seconds after coming out of sleep.

OK, Enough! If the above behavior is as designed, how can I alternately change the background once a day? Using a daily Scheduled Task to 'tickle' the Slideshow would be the best, because it would allow me to use the settings for picture folder and fit so I can keep working within my Windows Theme.

Thanks, Jim

3. Set background slideshow

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to set slide desktop.

• Press Windows logo key + I key.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background dropdown menu, select slideshow.
    • Click on Browse button and then select the folder from which the desktop slide’s to be applied.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Is there a way for slideshow backgrounds to show at different times of day?

Can i have the same preview layout like window 10 slideshow lock screen on window 10 slideshow desktop background ?

Hi,

You can have the same preview layout for your lock screen and desktop background slideshow as long as the photos are saved on the same folder. To change the desktop background picture to slideshow, please follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Under Background, choose Slideshow.
    • Click on Browse, and then navigate to your slideshow folder that you have created to specify the directory.
    • Set the time interval. Under Change picture every choose your time preference of between 1 minute and 1 day.

After customizing the desktop background, you'll need to configure the lock screen slideshow settings too. Follow the steps given on this article and select the same slideshow folder:

Personalize your lock screen

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way for slideshow backgrounds to show at different times of day?

1. Is there a way for slideshow backgrounds to show at different times of day? - Similar Threads - slideshow backgrounds show

2. Different folders per monitor for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different folders per monitor for background slideshow: I have 2 monitors and one is set up vertically and one the standard horizontal. Is it possible to have two different folders for the background slideshow? I want vertical oriented photos to cycle through for the vertical monitor and then horizontal oriented ones for the main...
  3. Different folders per monitor for background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different folders per monitor for background slideshow: I have 2 monitors and one is set up vertically and one the standard horizontal. Is it possible to have two different folders for the background slideshow? I want vertical oriented photos to cycle through for the vertical monitor and then horizontal oriented ones for the main...
  4. background slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background slideshow: in window 11. when i select a folder to have a slideshow of image,only a part of it,are showing. it it start again with the sama image. why it not showing all image? they are a setting where i can select all in one click? thank you for your help....
  5. slideshow background no longer different on 2 monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    slideshow background no longer different on 2 monitors: Hello For years I've run the background slideshow feature Personalisation: Background with different photos on each of my 2 monitors by default. Since the most recent update Windows 10 bult 19041 the same photo is now on both monitors. Can't see how to change this in the...
  6. background slideshow

background slideshow: unable to get slideshow to change background picture in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/background-slideshow/3292776d-7a0d-4056-a3e8-f2a64e6f89db
  7. Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors

Different Slideshow Backgrounds on Multiple Monitors: Hi, I'm using 2 monitors on the "Extend" mode, and I want to set for each screen a different background slideshow, each running independently instead of the same slideshow and each picture divided between the monitors. How can it be done? Thanks....
  8. Different desktop background slideshow for each monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Different desktop background slideshow for each monitor?: I'm looking for a way to have a different desktop background slideshow for each monitor. Each of my monitors has a different aspect ratio (one is 4x3, one is 16x9) and I want each picture to fit nicely. I have two folders of photos with the right aspect ratio for each...
  9. 1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working

1 Day Desktop Background Slideshow Not Working: To be clear, I am NOT talking about the screensaver settings found in Power Settings! I have set Background Slideshow to 'Change picture every' 1 Day. I can go a week without it changing automatically. I have done some tests with settings of 1 minute or 10 minutes, then...
  10. Background Slideshow

Background Slideshow: With Windows 7 I could set a background slideshow of my pictures by picking from all of my pictures. With Windows 10, it looks like I cannot do that without arranging the chosen pictures in a series first. I admit that I'm not that Windows savvy, but is there any way to set a...