Windows 10: Is there a way I can block game bar in parental controls or remove it from the PC completely?

Discus and support Is there a way I can block game bar in parental controls or remove it from the PC completely? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I’ve tried editing the policy, which only works temporarily until the next update. I’ve tried removing it , but it’s owner is Microsoft so I can’t... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Nancy Bearden, Mar 4, 2023.

1. Is there a way I can block game bar in parental controls or remove it from the PC completely?

I’ve tried editing the policy, which only works temporarily until the next update. I’ve tried removing it , but it’s owner is Microsoft so I can’t delete it or change who accesses it.. My young son is able to access any internet site, including a site that says “talk to strangers online”, which he accesses while pretending to do homework. He’s homeschooled, so this is not OK..

:)

Nancy Bearden, Mar 4, 2023
  2. Arul_D Win User

Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Mar 4, 2023
  3. Phantop Win User
    Complete removal of parental controls

As of yesterday, I have not been able to run Firefox. On my previous install of Windows, that worked no problem. Under this install, I am refused that due to parental controls. This message showed up without an adult account, and nothing besides creating
    a new user will fix it. I really don't want to have to migrate everything, as there are some things I need to do extra steps to migrate, I'm wondering if there are any other solutions. Is it possible to remove the parental controls portion of Windows 10 or
    something?

Phantop, Mar 4, 2023
  4. Is there a way I can block game bar in parental controls or remove it from the PC completely?

parental control

I blocked a gaming app using parental control. Right now I decided to unblock it but failed. I received an error message that a gaming app is blocked by parental control. I checked the parental control and didn’t find any blocked apps there. How
    can I unblock it?

lunaz xbarraza, Mar 4, 2023
Thema:

Is there a way I can block game bar in parental controls or remove it from the PC completely?

1. Is there a way I can block game bar in parental controls or remove it from the PC completely? - Similar Threads - block game bar

2. Remove parental control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove parental control: Hi!My dad made my mail back in 2011 or something, and ive had this mail for 12 years. Now the suddenly i cant do anything because it says it has parental control. This has never been a problem before. The email it says control my email is lost and cant be connected again. How...
  3. Remove parental control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove parental control: Hi!My dad made my mail back in 2011 or something, and ive had this mail for 12 years. Now the suddenly i cant do anything because it says it has parental control. This has never been a problem before. The email it says control my email is lost and cant be connected again. How...
  4. Parent control how remove

Parent control how remove: Windows 10 need to remove parent control as I cannot view messages etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/parent-control-how-remove/1d6ce01b-67a2-47db-8be6-f87f283297b3
  5. Is there a way I can block game bar in parental controls or remove it from the PC completely?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way I can block game bar in parental controls or remove it from the PC completely?: I’ve tried editing the policy, which only works temporarily until the next update. I’ve tried removing it , but it’s owner is Microsoft so I can’t delete it or change who accesses it.. My young son is able to access any internet site, including a site that says “talk to...
  6. Is there a way I can block game bar in parental controls or remove it from the PC completely?

Is there a way I can block game bar in parental controls or remove it from the PC completely?: I’ve tried editing the policy, which only works temporarily until the next update. I’ve tried removing it , but it’s owner is Microsoft so I can’t delete it or change who accesses it.. My young son is able to access any internet site, including a site that says “talk to...
  7. Remove Parental Controls

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Parental Controls: I simply want to remove parental controls from my account. I have been on a chat for an hour with no success. Please tell me how to accomplish this. I have "clicked the three dots" as asked. I have clicked on "manage consent" as asked. it is a circle of events. Most recently...
  8. Remove Parental Controls

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Parental Controls: I simply want to remove parental controls from my account. I have been on a chat for an hour with no success. Please tell me how to accomplish this. I have "clicked the three dots" as asked. I have clicked on "manage consent" as asked. it is a circle of events. Most recently...
  9. Remove Parental Controls

10. this functionality is blocked by xbox live parental control (ON PC)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    this functionality is blocked by xbox live parental control (ON PC): I have a problem on Forza horizon 4, when I want to see the posts of the other players I have the message saying to me: "this functionality is blocked by xbox live parental control",Knowing that I play under Windows 10 I searched for a solution for 1 hour I still have not...