Windows 10: Is there a way I can revert the way the search function behaves in windows explorer?

Discus and support Is there a way I can revert the way the search function behaves in windows explorer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The new search function really messes with my workflow when I use windows explorer. If I can't change it back to the way that it worked previously, is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sir_Mr_Kitsune, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Is there a way I can revert the way the search function behaves in windows explorer?

The new search function really messes with my workflow when I use windows explorer. If I can't change it back to the way that it worked previously, is there a way to search by date modified via the search bar itself instead of through the 'sort' function?

Thank you for any help at all!

submitted by /u/Sir_Mr_Kitsune
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sir_Mr_Kitsune, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Excederus Win User

File explorer reverting search feature?

Hey community,

since the latest Windows 10 update the search function of the file explorer functions different, as alot would have probably noticed.

And I hate it.

I can't use tag/attribute searches anymore (for example "width:x").

If I want to search something else I have to first use ctrl+a or mark everything with my mouse to delete it/search for something else where before all text in the search box was marked when you just clicked back into the search box.

I have to confirm my search with enter.

I am forced to use the back button on the left to quit the search instead of emptying the search box (this is not too bad, but I'm used to it).

And there are probably other things that I can't do now.

Is there any way to revert back to the old File Explorer or revert how the search functions?

I'm on Windows version 1909

Excederus, Oct 24, 2020
  3. hKaiY Win User
    How to revert file explorer search function prior to Windows 10 feature update version 1909

I would like to revert my file explorer search function to the one prior to feature update version 1909.

The new "updated" search function for Windows file explorer is slow, clunky, and doesn't give to option to clear one's search history.

I had previously uninstalled the version 1909 update from Windows settings but the search function remains the same.

Please advise on how to revert the file explorer search function to what it was prior to this "update".

hKaiY, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Is there a way I can revert the way the search function behaves in windows explorer?

WINDOWS EXPLORER SEARCH FUNCTION

Just a follow up to my original question. None of the suggestions have helped. Explorer Search function still just searches forever with no results. Thanks, Harry

HarrySwihart, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way I can revert the way the search function behaves in windows explorer?

1. Is there a way I can revert the way the search function behaves in windows explorer? - Similar Threads - revert search function

2. Why does OneDrive behave this way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does OneDrive behave this way?: Why does OneDrive behave in the manner it does? I can think of absolutely no reason that it should default to syncing the Desktop on devices across all of them. That. Makes. No. Sense.I use multiple devices for different purposes. I have a Surface for lightweight work on the...
  3. Why does OneDrive behave this way?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does OneDrive behave this way?: Why does OneDrive behave in the manner it does? I can think of absolutely no reason that it should default to syncing the Desktop on devices across all of them. That. Makes. No. Sense.I use multiple devices for different purposes. I have a Surface for lightweight work on the...
  4. Why does OneDrive behave this way?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is there a way to enable this function in windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to enable this function in windows 10: [ATTACH] Sometimes i want to control youtube in the background without opening browser submitted by /u/loverboycertified [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/1aw6vo9/is_there_a_way_to_enable_this_function_in_windows/
  6. The '2' character key behaving in strange ways

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The '2' character key behaving in strange ways: Hello, I've been having a strange problem with my keyboard for the last couple of weeks but I haven't been able to find a solution.Every time I press the '2' key on my keyboard left side, above the QWERTY, it seems to do something entirely different. Pressing it on the...
  7. The '2' character key behaving in strange ways

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The '2' character key behaving in strange ways: Hello, I've been having a strange problem with my keyboard for the last couple of weeks but I haven't been able to find a solution.Every time I press the '2' key on my keyboard left side, above the QWERTY, it seems to do something entirely different. Pressing it on the...
  8. Change the way windows behave in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the way windows behave in Windows 10: Hello,When I move drag reduced-size folder windows around the screen of my computer and they reach the edge of the screen area, they revert to full-size windows covering the screen. I am wondering if there is a way to change this behavior so that the windows move partially...
  9. Windows 10 Explorer search is a mess but a fix is on the way

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Explorer search is a mess but a fix is on the way: After the recent cumulative updates to Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909), things haven’t gotten much better. Users are still reporting problems with Windows 10’s File Explorer search bar and bug appears to be widespread. Windows 10 version 1909 includes an...
  10. Is there a way to search for just the files name in windows explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to search for just the files name in windows explorer?: I don’t know what happened to my explorer search feature. For some reason and I don’t know when it started but it stopped searching correctly. For example: Using the explorer search bar. I am trying to look for a file with the with the word “order” in the file name. I can do...