Windows 10: IS there a way i Set my Windows 10PRO resolution to Auto HDR ?

Discus and support IS there a way i Set my Windows 10PRO resolution to Auto HDR ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; i would like to know is there a way i set my windows 10PRO Resolution to Auto HDR, i mean when i play sdr content i see SDR and when HDR Content is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bakhshalvi, Oct 15, 2020.

1. IS there a way i Set my Windows 10PRO resolution to Auto HDR ?

i would like to know is there a way i set my windows 10PRO Resolution to Auto HDR, i mean when i play sdr content i see SDR and when HDR Content is playing via Netflix or Plex i see HDR Resolution. Because when i switch On HDR setting my all content shows in HDR and out Put stays on HDR for every Content ... Need Help please .

submitted by /u/bakhshalvi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bakhshalvi, Oct 15, 2020

2. I could turn on the HDR and WCG setting on initially today when I connected a new HDR TV.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to turn on HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10. This issue might occur due to incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to roll back the display drivers and check if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press 'Windows
    + R' key together on your Keyboard.

2. Type 'devmgmt.msc' and hit enter.

3. Expand the display adapter option from the list.

4. Right click on the driver and click on 'Properties'.

5. Click on 'Driver' tab and check for 'Roll Back Driver'. If the roll back option is available, roll back the driver and restart the
    computer.

If you are still facing issues with color after enabling HDR on your PC and if you’re using an HDMI connection and your display supports HDR over a DisplayPort connection, use DisplayPort instead to connect your PC and display.

• If HDMI is your only option, use that, and then do one of the following:

Reduce the frame rate

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties.
      2. In the display’s Properties box, select the Monitor tab, select 30 Hertz for the Screen refresh rate, and then select OK.

- OR -

Reduce the resolution

1. Select Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings, and then select Display adapter properties
      2. On the Adapter tab, select List All Modes.

In List All Modes, select the setting that includes 1920 by 1080, 60 Hertz, and then select OK.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 15, 2020
  3. heineoen Win User
    Auto HDR for N8

AUTO HDR is a must have for this camera

heineoen, Oct 15, 2020
  4. zonto1983 Win User

IS there a way i Set my Windows 10PRO resolution to Auto HDR ?

HDR setting in Windows 10 won't stay enabled

Hello,

I recently purchased an HDR/4K-compatible graphics card (a GeForce 1080ti). I have a 4K HDR display (LG C7 65" OLED). When I first installed the card and drivers, the HDR option was turned on by default, and I was getting an HDR signal to the display. However,
    the resolution was set to 1920x1080. When I changed the resolution to 4K, HDR turned off. Since then, I have been unable to get HDR enabled again. When I try to enable HDR, the setting just turns itself off again, like so:

Recordit: Record screencasts fast & free! with GIF Support!

This is not an issue with my display or receiver, as I'm able to get HDR out of my PS4 just fine, and I don't believe it to be an issue with my HDMI cable either, since I was getting HDR out of the PC when I first installed the card.

I'm not sure what other steps to take. I ran dxdiag, and it appears that it's not detecting the full color range:

Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G22_NONE_P709 (as per this article: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings).

From that same article, it appears to be detecting the display as HDR compatible:

Monitor Advanced Color Capabilities: BT2020RGB BT2020YCC Eotf2084Supported AdvancedColorSupported

Thanks for looking, any help would be greatly appreciated.

zonto1983, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

IS there a way i Set my Windows 10PRO resolution to Auto HDR ?

1. IS there a way i Set my Windows 10PRO resolution to Auto HDR ? - Similar Threads - Set 10PRO resolution

2. Is there a way to force auto HDR for Easy Anti Cheat games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to force auto HDR for Easy Anti Cheat games?: about all the online games I play have EAC and no native HDR. whenever I launch it with EAC I don't get the enhancement popup and is dull but when I run it without EAC it works perfectly fine. I've tried doing registry edits for the EAC executables and it did nothing. I'm...
  3. Is there a way to force auto HDR for Easy Anti Cheat games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to force auto HDR for Easy Anti Cheat games?: about all the online games I play have EAC and no native HDR. whenever I launch it with EAC I don't get the enhancement popup and is dull but when I run it without EAC it works perfectly fine. I've tried doing registry edits for the EAC executables and it did nothing. I'm...
  4. Auto HDR settings Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto HDR settings Windows 11: I have a HDR screen but as with windows 10 if I turn on HDR, it just looks awful in windows all washed out, I can bump the brightness in the settings but the colours are still wrong, with a warmer tint than with it off.However I have various games etc with HDR, is there not a...
  5. Auto HDR settings Windows 11

Auto HDR settings Windows 11: I have a HDR screen but as with windows 10 if I turn on HDR, it just looks awful in windows all washed out, I can bump the brightness in the settings but the colours are still wrong, with a warmer tint than with it off.However I have various games etc with HDR, is there not a...
  6. Auto HDR Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto HDR Windows 10: As far as I know, the auto hdr feature appeared in the windows 10 update six months ago. But for some reason I don't have this function. The latest windows 10 update is worth it, the monitor supports hdr, I used it, but the auto hdr function never appeared. How do I get auto...
  7. Auto HDR Windows 10

Auto HDR Windows 10: As far as I know, the auto hdr feature appeared in the windows 10 update six months ago. But for some reason I don't have this function. The latest windows 10 update is worth it, the monitor supports hdr, I used it, but the auto hdr function never appeared. How do I get auto...
  8. Auto HDR

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto HDR: Hey all, does anybody know how long Windows Insider features take to come as a normal update? I'm especially interested in Auto HDR, I see it made its appearance in March. submitted by /u/Sidious_X [link] [comments]...
  9. How to get auto HDR setting foe my system?

How to get auto HDR setting foe my system?: I, know you used to gave to join the insider programme. Is that still a thing that needs to be done? If so what channel do I join? submitted by /u/Nexxus88 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ne0oo3/how_to_get_auto_hdr_setting_foe_my_system/
  10. Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot...

Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Carbon_Trioxide [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6mirc/is_there_a_way_to_change_hdr_settings_i_have/