Windows 10: Is there a way of backing up windows without the files?

Discus and support Is there a way of backing up windows without the files? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't want the files. just windows. submitted by /u/A_manR [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A_manR, Jul 27, 2020.

1. /u/A_manR Win User

Is there a way of backing up windows without the files?

I don't want the files. just windows.

submitted by /u/A_manR
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A_manR, Jul 27, 2020
  2. ex_reven Win User

RAID, Backing Up, Questions etc

Ok, Ive done a search for RAID related articles on the forums and Ive read through them.
    I'd like to RAID my hard drives very soon.

This is what I have:
    1x Seagate 7200.10 Perpendicular - 320Gb
    1x Seagate 7200.10 Perpendicular - 250Gb

Id like to set them up in a RAID 0 configuration.
    Ive backed up my Music, downloads, main applications and photos.
    Basically Im ready to go though the steps to RAID my drives and reinstall windows.

Now...I have some concerns

1) Do I format the drives? Or will formatting occur during the setting up of the RAID?

2) How to actually configure the RAID. So if I was to do this now, what are the steps I would have to follow to setup the RAID correctly? I know them vaguely, like having the RAID drivers ready on a CD/Floppy and booting and hitting F6. What else is there?

3) Striping size. Ive heard that a higher stripe size is good for moving/using large files. Ill definately be doing this (Photoshop) so can anyone suggest a stripe size?

4) Can anyone suggest any other concerns?

ex_reven, Jul 27, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How do I install windows 10 without harming my windows 7?

Here's what I suggest you to do:
    1. From Windows 7, download & Install Macrium Reflect Free. Connect one of your new 500GB HD and clone your current Windows 7 to it. Follow step 1,2,3 from the screen shot:

Is there a way of backing up windows without the files? [​IMG]

1. Disconnect your current Windows 7 then boot up with the new cloned copy of Windows 7
    2. Upgrade it to Windows 10 so it will be fully activated.
    3. If you decide to keep Windows 10 then do a fresh install of Windows 10. If not, disconnect the 500GB HD containing Windows 10 then re-connect your Windows 7
    4. You are back to where it was before.

topgundcp, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Is there a way of backing up windows without the files?

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way of backing up windows without the files?

1. Is there a way of backing up windows without the files? - Similar Threads - backing without files

2. what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?: what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-way-to-back-up-my-windows-11/99f08436-54cb-44ee-b5e3-9fa2fbbee30f
  3. what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?: what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-way-to-back-up-my-windows-11/99f08436-54cb-44ee-b5e3-9fa2fbbee30f
  4. Back up files

Back up files: there are several repeated files 'back up.....' each time I have to edit the files, is back up automatically, how stop this from happening ?I just the main file. Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-files/a08a8c70-05ce-4516-914d-a7c3b2e8af5a
  5. Back Up Files

Back Up Files: G'day,I have been trying to find some WORD DOCUMENT FILES. I cannot find them. I have done a BACK UP some time ago. I would like to know how I could look through this back up to see if the files are there. I do not want to RESTORE them. I would like to find my old Document...
  6. Back Up Files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Back Up Files: G'day,I have been trying to find some WORD DOCUMENT FILES. I cannot find them. I have done a BACK UP some time ago. I would like to know how I could look through this back up to see if the files are there. I do not want to RESTORE them. I would like to find my old Document...
  7. Backing Up Files

Backing Up Files: I have set up the backup feature in settings to an external hard drive via Expansion D. It states that files have been backed up to FileHistory but when I check it contains no files. What am I doing wrong?...
  8. backing up files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    backing up files: I want to change the drive and user that is being used on my computer. They are currently in (F) files user lat10 which is an incorrect user. I want to backup to drive (E) with Linda as the user. I also have many, many files under lat10 that were under lat101 until...
  9. Windows 10 Backup without backing up files

Windows 10 Backup without backing up files: Is it possible to backup the windows 10 OS without backing up the files? I tried creating a system image to my external HDD 2 TB with 275 GB unused space, but it won't allow me saying it should at least be 460 GB free. I already backed up the files separately. I just want...
  10. back up files

back up files: cant find my back up files for windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/back-up-files/007e4ca4-6dc2-4498-b5cb-dbf1507d738c