Windows 10: Is there a way of changing which account opens when Mail is launched?

Discus and support Is there a way of changing which account opens when Mail is launched? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have 3 accounts in Mail. A rarely used Gmail account which Windows is linked to, a personal account, and a work account. By default I would like my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ShaunDolphin, May 21, 2020.

1. Is there a way of changing which account opens when Mail is launched?

I have 3 accounts in Mail. A rarely used Gmail account which Windows is linked to, a personal account, and a work account.

By default I would like my work account to appear when Mail launches, as at the moment it's the rarely used Gmail that appears.

I realise I could set a start tile to launch that account, however I launch regular apps from the task bar, not start.

:)

ShaunDolphin, May 21, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Is there a way of changing which account opens when Mail is launched? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 21, 2020
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    Changing sender email in mail app

Hi,

Once you launch Windows 10 Mail app the first time, it will automatically set up your Outlook account and the account will be stored with the name
    Outlook. If you want to change this account name, follow the steps below:

• Launch Mail app.
    • Click on Settings.
    • Select Accounts option.
    • Choose the account that you want to rename.
    • Select on the account the you want to rename
    • Now, change the name and set the new name.

Feel free to respond if the provided steps work for you.

Joan Pin, May 21, 2020
  4. philc43 Win User

Is there a way of changing which account opens when Mail is launched?

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, May 21, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way of changing which account opens when Mail is launched?

1. Is there a way of changing which account opens when Mail is launched? - Similar Threads - changing account opens

2. Roblox not launching when opening a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox not launching when opening a game: So ive been having this issue with windows update whenever I open it it gives me an error saying Can not find script file C\Users\-\Appdata\Local\Temp\creamphone564570.vbs and i think this is related to my last issue, and on top of that i know that this is a virus but i do...
  3. BSOD Crash when launching EasyAntiCheat, which is launched by Ragnarok Online

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Crash when launching EasyAntiCheat, which is launched by Ragnarok Online: For days I've followed every possible troubleshoot. Update drivers, manage admin and security settings, ignored by virus scanner, turn off memory integrity, disabled hyperv, disabled detach mode and surface services, and I even ran a virtual machine to troubleshootit runs on...
  4. Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the primary account to the guest account?: When I write "/net user" in CMD the account I want to delete is a "WDAGutilityaccount" while the account I always use is shown as guest. I have tried everything to delete the account but because it seems like it is the main account it can't be deleted. I want to leave only...
  5. Is there a way to change which Microsoft account is linked to an Windows 10 account?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change which Microsoft account is linked to an Windows 10 account?: During my scholar ship I was provided an student account, but since I've finished it , that account doesn't exist anymore. I can still use it to log into my computer, but it would be easier if I could make so the W10 account "forget" which Micrososft account it's linked to,...
  6. Is there a way to Import G-Mail accounts into Windows 10 Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to Import G-Mail accounts into Windows 10 Mail?: Hello: I have two different G-mail Accounts and would like to import into Windows Mail. Because, when I clicked 'Add account ' and then clicked an icon of 'G-mail' of Windows Mail, I need to create a new G-mail account which I do NOT prefer. I, rather keep the exact same...
  7. Multiple accounts which opens first?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple accounts which opens first?: I have two accounts in my Windows Mail. One is labeled MSN1 and the second one is MSN2. Until about a month ago, My Msn1 opened first and IF I wanted to access Msn2 I selected it. Now MSN2 is opening first and I have to access my Msn1. Please note there was no Email listed...
  8. Window 10 Mail no longer launch, When going to the mail account setting, there is one...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10 Mail no longer launch, When going to the mail account setting, there is one...: Hi, I can no longer launch Window 10 Mail app : If I launch it i'll see the blue mail background with the enveloppe icon in the middle then it disappears ( probably a crash). If I look into my mail accounts there is one from gmail that I can "manage", and one from...
  9. Mail freezes when opened

in Browsers and Email
    Mail freezes when opened: It displays the emails, but I can't click on anything at all or change to other accounts. 15367
  10. Open an application on the same screen from which it is launched

in Windows 10 Support
    Open an application on the same screen from which it is launched: Hi, I just got windows 10 and I think the idea to put a copy of the taskbar on everyone of my 3 screens is great. However whenever I launch a program windows starts it (presumably) on the screen where it was last closed. Is there any way to launch an application on the same...