Windows 10: Is there a way of rolling back windows updates without logging in or having it redownload?

Discus and support Is there a way of rolling back windows updates without logging in or having it redownload? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The new windows update is forcing me to log in with my microsoft account which I can’t log into. I tried rolling back the update via advanced settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BruceHuang4, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Is there a way of rolling back windows updates without logging in or having it redownload?

The new windows update is forcing me to log in with my microsoft account which I can’t log into. I tried rolling back the update via advanced settings but when I continue to windows 11, it just redownloads it. Is there a way to stop this?

:)

BruceHuang4, Nov 24, 2022
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 24, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Is there a way of rolling back windows updates without logging in or having it redownload? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Is there a way of rolling back windows updates without logging in or having it redownload?

redownloading a redeemed game

Hi Superandrew,

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

• What is the complete error message that you receive when you try to log in?
    • Are you logged into the system using a Microsoft account or a local account?
    I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot gameplay issues on Windows 10:

Xbox Support

If the issue persists, you need to check with Xbox support.

In future, if you have any issues related to Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

Is there a way of rolling back windows updates without logging in or having it redownload?

1. Is there a way of rolling back windows updates without logging in or having it redownload? - Similar Threads - rolling updates without

2. Is there a way of rolling back windows updates without logging in or having it redownload?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way of rolling back windows updates without logging in or having it redownload?: The new windows update is forcing me to log in with my microsoft account which I can’t log into. I tried rolling back the update via advanced settings but when I continue to windows 11, it just redownloads it. Is there a way to stop this?...
  3. roll back

roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  4. roll back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    roll back: hi, im on windows 10 21h2 and i need to roll back to windows 10 20h2 so i can run some programs, i know i need to run the media creation tool but its called 21h2 so wont that just leave it as 21h2? can any one tell me what i need to do to rollback to it, please explain in...
  5. Is there a way to roll back a profile setup in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to roll back a profile setup in Windows 10?: I got a new laptop for my daughter, I told my wife I'll take care of the setup but she decided to do it herself because it came while I was asleep. She gave it the wifi password and of course it demanded a profile be setup for microsoft. I want to roll that back and delete it...
  6. Roll back Windows

Roll back Windows: I have a Lenovo laptop and the audio has stopped working. It was suggested that I roll back 2004 to 1909, but the ten days has passed so Windows will not allow me to do that. Is there a work around for this?...
  7. Rolling back updates manually?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rolling back updates manually?: I've just had to reset my PC due to a number of issues I suspect were caused by the recent 2004 Update. I want to go back to 1909, but the reset automatically installed 2004, so I have no update history to draw it from. Does anyone know if there is a way to download 1909,...
  8. Update Won't Roll Back

Update Won't Roll Back: Patch Tuesday was 2 days ago. This morning, when I rebooted, something had trashed my desktop, 2 email programs, Word, most of my startups, etc. I assume this was Windows Update but can't be sure. Win is now Version 1903 (Build 18362.1082); was 1903 but I don't know what...
  9. Roll back Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Roll back Windows 10 update: I don't know if there was one last night, but I think there was. Now half my games won't load, my microphone won't work and Chrome setup itself to bing, which it's never done before, and I don't know why else than a windows update it would. almost all of my stuff is broken,...
  10. Is There A Way To Roll Back After Refreshing PC

Is There A Way To Roll Back After Refreshing PC: After some software problems, The fix was to Refresh my PC, despite me selecting "Keep my files" it removed loads of my software including ones I cannot get without a disc, Is there a way I can roll back to before I did this, since I still have the Windows.old file with...