Windows 10: is there a way that my computer can use bitlocker?

Discus and support is there a way that my computer can use bitlocker? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I uninstalled bitdefender. Due to the current situation I did not renew my subscription for bitdefender. is there a way that my computer can use... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by mayang0810, Jul 5, 2021.

1. is there a way that my computer can use bitlocker?

I uninstalled bitdefender. Due to the current situation I did not renew my subscription for bitdefender. is there a way that my computer can use bitlocker?Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎04/‎10/‎2021 OS build 19043.1081 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 but if there is none then good luck to my computer.

:)

mayang0810, Jul 5, 2021
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Jul 5, 2021
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Jul 5, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

is there a way that my computer can use bitlocker?

problem with bitlocker

Hi Roeslie,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We need some more details to help you find the solution to your problem.

• Which edition of Windows 10 is installed on your surface machine?
    • Did you notice any changes on the computer recently?
    • When you say, you have a problem with your Surface machine about BitLocker key, do you mean that the surface machine asks you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to sign into Windows?
    • Does the other computer ask you to enter the BitLocker key to allow you to access the files saved on it?

If you are being asked to enter a BitLocker key to sign into your surface machine and you don’t remember your BitLocker key, you can follow the instructions given in the link below to find the BitLocker recovery key.

Find my BitLocker recovery key

Please get back to us with the information requested above, so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Jul 5, 2021
Thema:

is there a way that my computer can use bitlocker?

1. is there a way that my computer can use bitlocker? - Similar Threads - computer bitlocker

2. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?: I have not used my old computer for a while, and when I tried turning it back on, it needs my bitlock recovery key. I have switched schools and can no longer remember my old account, and therefore cannot access my account. Is there a way I can still use my computer without...
  3. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?: I have not used my old computer for a while, and when I tried turning it back on, it needs my bitlock recovery key. I have switched schools and can no longer remember my old account, and therefore cannot access my account. Is there a way I can still use my computer without...
  4. Can I use my computer without Bitlock key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...: helloMy primary computer is locked. at startup, it is asking me to enter a bitlocker recovery code to unblock it.It seems that this code is stored on my microsoft account under this url : https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyWhen I try to go there, it is asking me...
  6. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...: helloMy primary computer is locked. at startup, it is asking me to enter a bitlocker recovery code to unblock it.It seems that this code is stored on my microsoft account under this url : https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykeyWhen I try to go there, it is asking me...
  7. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

8. My primary computer is lock on bitlocker recovery but no possibility to retrieve it on...

9. computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run: I get the bitlocker id key request and place that in, then my computer goes into recovery mode and just spins no options to do anything else...
  10. computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run

computer asks for bitlock key, typed in and still does not want to run: I get the bitlocker id key request and place that in, then my computer goes into recovery mode and just spins no options to do anything else...