Windows 10: Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?

Discus and support Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,My PC had two drives: an HDD mounted on D: for files and documents, and an SSD mounted on C: for the operating system Windows 10. Recently, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Goedeke Nathan Scott, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?

Hello,My PC had two drives: an HDD mounted on D: for files and documents, and an SSD mounted on C: for the operating system Windows 10. Recently, my PC's HDD had been unexpectedly destroyed, losing those files, but the SSD is completely in-tact. So the PC still loads the OS but can't open any files. I notice that Windows automatically records a list of files that had been modified or opened. For example, I am able to see "Recently accessed" in the file explorer, even though the files it lists no longer exist. Is there any way, either directly or autonomously i.e., with a batch script or com

:)

Goedeke Nathan Scott, Dec 1, 2022

2. File history on USB security user access

Hi,

To isolate this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File History folder.
    • Select all the files that you don't want to be accessed.
    • Right-click on the highlighted files and choose Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click on Advanced.
    • Select all the user account that you don't want to have access on your File History folder.
    • Click on Disable inheritance.
    • Lastly, click on OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Desiree Yau, Dec 1, 2022
  3. How to remove folders from File History

• I had the same problem, and I solved in this way:
      Control Panel -> System and Security-> File History -> Turn off
      Settings -> Update & Security -> Backup -> More options -> Stop using this drive
      Delete the File History folder in your external drive.
      Start using File History again.
      After performing these steps, I can easily add folders to "Excluded Folders" and they remain excluded. I checked in the actual files and folders saved on the external disk, and it works.
      I did not modify the default settings about how often and how long backup is saved, File History is working ok now. So I guess it is important to click "Stop using this drive" in order to reset File History.
      Hope this will be helpful

mila parker, Dec 1, 2022
  4. ALN
    ALN Win User

Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?

How to remove folders from File History

That did it - Thank you Mila!

Thema:

Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?

1. Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified? - Similar Threads - access history files

2. Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?: Hello,My PC had two drives: an HDD mounted on D: for files and documents, and an SSD mounted on C: for the operating system Windows 10. Recently, my PC's HDD had been unexpectedly destroyed, losing those files, but the SSD is completely in-tact. So the PC still loads the OS...
  3. Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to access a history of files opened and/or modified?: Hello,My PC had two drives: an HDD mounted on D: for files and documents, and an SSD mounted on C: for the operating system Windows 10. Recently, my PC's HDD had been unexpectedly destroyed, losing those files, but the SSD is completely in-tact. So the PC still loads the OS...
  4. Is there a quick way to edit File History preferences?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Is there a quick way to edit File History preferences?: How can I edit my File History preferences without having to spend all day doing it? It automatically chooses a whole raft of folders to back up, which I want to simplify, but when I try to remove or add one folder from or to the list, it takes a couple of minutes processing...
  5. Cannot access file history settings

Cannot access file history settings: Upon trying to carry out a backup for the first time in several months I experienced the issue below. Delay in access the Backup area of Settings No toggle switch or options available under file history section If follow the 'more options' link I get two choices advanced...
  6. OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive changing 'date modified' when file just opened not modified: How do I stop OneDrive from changing the 'date modified" to todays date when I just open but don't modify a file or when I move a file or folder to another folder....
  7. File History window not opening

File History window not opening: The backup function still works and files appear to be routinely updated and transferred to my external drive, however, I can't view the File History restore window itself to browse through backed up files and distinct versions of them. When I try to open on it, the icon...
  8. Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Searching for files by date *moved*? (not accessed or modified): I've recently been moving a lot of pdf files from an "unsorted" folder to others where they are sorted by content. There is one I saw about a week ago I am trying to find again, but none of the search options seem to work for locating it because moving a file from one folder...
  9. Allowing Programs access to modify files,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allowing Programs access to modify files,: Okay, so it turns out somethings a little screwed up with my computer... programs cannot write, or modify files, I'm just seeing this so far with a couple of games, and Eclipse, but when i try and save a file ive been editing, or change some settings, it gives me an error:...
  10. Is ther a way to tweek File History?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is ther a way to tweek File History?: Because I plan to use more than one computer, I'd like to keep my user files on a flash drive but back them up to a logical partition on my hard drive. File History sounded great for this, but when I went to set it up, it didn't give D:\ (my hard drive logical partition) as...