Windows 10: Is there a way to access windows 10's built-in video converter?

Discus and support Is there a way to access windows 10's built-in video converter? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i noticed that when i copy video files of virtually any format to my cellphone i get a handy little message from windows saying :"your device may not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fruithead, Apr 25, 2017.

1. fruithead Win User

Is there a way to access windows 10's built-in video converter?

i noticed that when i copy video files of virtually any format to my cellphone i get a handy little message from windows saying :"your device may not support this file, do you wish to convert it or just copy?"

now i never needed this service because my s7's video player handles pretty much any format i have ever thrown at it.

recently, however, my son for a present got a kids smartwatch that takes videos. this is not a particularly great device and the videos are created in some arcane format i am unaware of. in any case, my phone wont play it, and i cant email it to people (like my parents etc) because they cant play it either. i was going to download one of the 12,000 free video converters available online (even though i hate freeware because often it contains bloatware and is garbageware itself) when i had a thought - what if i tried to copy it to my phone?

so i plug my phone in, drag the video into a folder on it, and up pops the message "do you wish to convert etc" so i click yes and it converts my video to a lovely and perfectly playable .wmv file.

well! now what i want to know is obviously my windows 10 natively supports these video conversions, how do i access this function without copying files to my phone! surely there must be a way to ask windows to convert the file sitting in a folder to a wmv for me, but i cant for the life of me figure out how to do it! it does not come up in the right click context menu or in WMP when you look at the file.

someone please help?

:)

fruithead, Apr 25, 2017

2. Is there a way to remove a word from the built in dictionary for Windows Phone 7?

I would like to remove certain words (like 'yo' or 'ley') from the dictionary so that typing those will autocorrect to the intended word ('to' or 'let'). I know you can reset your custom dictionary, but is there a way to change the built in one?

I have a Samsung Focus running WP7 (AT&T).

Thanks for the help!

DoLLYGiRL13, Apr 25, 2017
  3. Sheena M. Win User
    Is there a way to remove a word from the built in dictionary for Windows Phone 7?

Hi DoLLYGiRL13,

Thank you for posting on the forum.

Unfortunately there is not a way to remove a word from the built in dictionary, there is only an option to add a word to the text suggestion dictionary. Please read this article for more information:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/basics/typing-shortcuts

Kind Regards,

Sheena M., Apr 25, 2017
  4. fruithead Win User

really no one knows this? that's really surprising!

fruithead, Apr 26, 2017
Thema:

1. Is there a way to access windows 10's built-in video converter? - Similar Threads - access 10's built

2. Video converter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video converter: Please, I need some advice. I made a video with my digital camera, it is an AVI file. What is the best free online converter that will convert it to an MP4 file? Thank you so much in advance....
  3. Video converter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video converter: Please, I need some advice. I made a video with my digital camera, it is an AVI file. What is the best free online converter that will convert it to an MP4 file? Thank you so much in advance....
  4. Windows 10 built in video editor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 built in video editor?: I have been looking for days for this video editor shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edKDxJ7C8HE&lc=UgyHrEYb3MvKDddxpT94AaABAg&ab_channel=Teacher%27sTech I can't find it when I use the search bar or when I look for it manually. Where is it? They even have...
  5. Converting Windows in S Mode to Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Converting Windows in S Mode to Windows 10 Home: If I convert a Windows in S Mode to Windows 10 Home, will the computer perform as if Windows 10 Home had been the original operating system? Will printing work? Will outside apps work? Thanks....
  6. Convert Video Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Convert Video Files: Does windows 10 offer a service to convert and compress video files? Secondly if the answer is no how do I know if the service I download is legitimate? Thirdly if the answer is no can anyone recommend a service for someone who knows very little? Sorry for all the...
  7. convert from windows 10 s to windows home

in Windows 10 Customization
    convert from windows 10 s to windows home: if I buy a laptop with windows 10 home S installed can I convert to windows 10 home free of charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-from-windows-10-s-to-windows-home/905f8432-32a3-41c5-bd74-0ad080302427
  8. Windows 10 converted MP3's to vcmf files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 converted MP3's to vcmf files: Windows 10 instlation on my Sony Vaio appears to have converted all my MP3 files to vcmf and I am unable to open them. How can I convert them back to MP3? or what program can I use to listen to them in the vcmf format....
  9. Video is not converting

Video is not converting: Dear Microsoft I tried to add the videos in the Microsoft photo app but the videos are combined and it is not saving as a single video while trying to save into the local file and also the Mp3 song unable to merge into the video track. My computer photo app is up to...
  10. Video Convertion

Video Convertion: Hello, I have several video clips mp4 format, 720 x 960 size. I am trying to resize them to 720 x 1280, bitrate and frame rate stay the same. To do this I use "Format Factory" and "VideoPad Video editor"(each at a time), in both I make all the settings and start the...