Windows 10: Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of...

Discus and support Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm sure many of us have had to go through this. This time around it took me much longer to fix it. Access still tends to be denied when /fixboot in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/clydebarretto, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of...

I'm sure many of us have had to go through this. This time around it took me much longer to fix it. Access still tends to be denied when /fixboot in the cmd prompt. But is there a way to actually preempt these errors? Some sort of scndsk...?

submitted by /u/clydebarretto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/clydebarretto, Jun 29, 2020

2. Recovery blue screen. BCD error code 0xc000014c

Okay, tried that and unfortunately it didn't work. Probably because it doesn't enter the full boot process.

Basically, straight after the manufacturer logo disappears it jumps straight to the blue screen and the following error message:

File:\Boot\BCD

ErrorCode: 0xc000014c.

Even when i use the reset or power buttons, so I cant actually enter the recovery menu.

I'm at a loss what to do at the moment

ColinEdmunds, Jun 29, 2020
  3. martel101 Win User
    Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

@axe0 - No, there was no file mentioned, although the error code remained the same. After I used the bootsec.exe /nt60 command the File: boot/bcd line appeared, which can be seen in the photos.
    @zbook - I'll try what you have suggested and post the results. As for the assigned drive letters, no I don't know why they already have assigned letters. As far as I can recall, those were in fact the drive letters they were assigned when the computer was working, but I didn't reassign them during the troubleshooting process. The steps I had already taken are listed in the original post. I had tried to rebuild the BCD previously, but with the same results (i.e. didn't have access, system not found etc.)

martel101, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of...

Help: Windows 10 Blue Screen SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Netio.sys)

Hi Trinh,

There are several ways to troubleshoot blue screen errors. One of those is performing a

clean boot
    to prevent unnecessary applications from running on startup. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Aside from getting the dump file, did you perform any troubleshooting steps?

In the meantime, we suggest following the methods in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of...

1. Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of... - Similar Threads - actually prevent BCD

2. Error Access Denied

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Error Access Denied: I opened my computer to see my discord just grey and tried to end it and it didn't work. I then went into task manager and it still didn't work saying access denied. I didn't know what to do so i opened discord again and it worked fine but the other one was still there. It...
  3. blue screen errors critcal data died etc,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    blue screen errors critcal data died etc,: My laptop keeps blue screening Ive tried going into safe mode and removing any 3 third party drivers. but how can u tell which is a third party .... tried system restore atill blue screening I want to reset my computer but I don't want to lose my pictures, next question...
  4. Malwarebytes Prevents Me from Disabling It - "Error 5 Access Denied"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Prevents Me from Disabling It - "Error 5 Access Denied": I got the free version of malwarebytes installed. When i go to services to disable it, I get a popup says "Error 5: access denied." Is this normal? If not what should I do about it? 147199
  5. Access denied error

Access denied error: After getting Windows update notification I update Windows 10, when updates complete I facing issue my hard drive D : hard disk partition access denied error, my all data this partition, C : windows partition is working, Kindly support me to fix this issue and I get my all...
  6. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  7. Recovery blue screen. BCD error code 0xc000014c

Recovery blue screen. BCD error code 0xc000014c: Just had this happen to me after many months of trouble free use of Windows 10 since the original download upgrade. All the online advise seems to point to pressing the power off button just after the manufacturer logo and as Windows starts to load - ie when the spinning...
  8. Windows 10 blue screen error Boot BCD 0xc00000e9

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 blue screen error Boot BCD 0xc00000e9: Windows 10 pro upgraded from 8.1 now gets a blue screen with error 0xc00000e9. Access only to BIOS. Left USB drive in, had 10 word v 365 docs on it. Restart failed. Tried again, failed; noticed & removed usb. How to fix??? Seems like an accident waiting to happen....
  9. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied error: I was playing around with the security tab in properties menu in a folder. I removed a couple of users's access in there. But I didn't remove the administrator's access. after applying, I lost my access to the whole drive. I tried to add the removed users's accesses to that...
  10. No boot black screen, recovery c: access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    No boot black screen, recovery c: access denied: Ok I have an HP 2000 Windows 7 to 10 upgrade. Customer stated she had a pop up that indicated she might have a virus then the machine rebooted and will not restart. Scanned with Kaspersky rescue CD and AVG rescue and it came up clean. Ran recovery from a Win 10 usb. No...