Windows 10: Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of...

Discus and support Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm sure many of us have had to go through this. This time around it took me much longer to fix it. Access still tends to be denied when /fixboot in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/clydebarretto, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of...

I'm sure many of us have had to go through this. This time around it took me much longer to fix it. Access still tends to be denied when /fixboot in the cmd prompt. But is there a way to actually preempt these errors? Some sort of scndsk...?

submitted by /u/clydebarretto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/clydebarretto, Jun 29, 2020

2. Recovery blue screen. BCD error code 0xc000014c

Okay, tried that and unfortunately it didn't work. Probably because it doesn't enter the full boot process.

Basically, straight after the manufacturer logo disappears it jumps straight to the blue screen and the following error message:

File:\Boot\BCD

ErrorCode: 0xc000014c.

Even when i use the reset or power buttons, so I cant actually enter the recovery menu.

I'm at a loss what to do at the moment

ColinEdmunds, Jun 29, 2020
  3. martel101 Win User
    Unable to boot; 0xc000000f error on start

@axe0 - No, there was no file mentioned, although the error code remained the same. After I used the bootsec.exe /nt60 command the File: boot/bcd line appeared, which can be seen in the photos.
    @zbook - I'll try what you have suggested and post the results. As for the assigned drive letters, no I don't know why they already have assigned letters. As far as I can recall, those were in fact the drive letters they were assigned when the computer was working, but I didn't reassign them during the troubleshooting process. The steps I had already taken are listed in the original post. I had tried to rebuild the BCD previously, but with the same results (i.e. didn't have access, system not found etc.)

martel101, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of...

Help: Windows 10 Blue Screen SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (Netio.sys)

Hi Trinh,

There are several ways to troubleshoot blue screen errors. One of those is performing a

clean boot
    to prevent unnecessary applications from running on startup. To better assist you, we need the answers to the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Aside from getting the dump file, did you perform any troubleshooting steps?

In the meantime, we suggest following the methods in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

We are looking forward to your response.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of...

1. Is there a way to actually prevent BCD, boot, access denied, etc. errors (blue screen of... - Similar Threads - actually prevent BCD

2. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  3. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.: All I'm trying to do is fix the massive folder on a solid state drive external containing all the pictures and videos from my childhood, and I run into problem after problem. "The Recycle Bin on D:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle Bin for this drive?"I click...
  4. Recycle bin corrupted, access denied, etc etc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue screen and not booting in any way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen and not booting in any way: I was using my laptop suddenly a blue screen apeared and it rebooted automatically but was unable to boot.I tried to force close and start again but it didn't work.I tried to enter automatic repair but didn't work. I also used usb bootable pendrive still failed.What could be...
  6. Blue screen and not booting in any way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen and not booting in any way: I was using my laptop suddenly a blue screen apeared and it rebooted automatically but was unable to boot.I tried to force close and start again but it didn't work.I tried to enter automatic repair but didn't work. I also used usb bootable pendrive still failed.What could be...
  7. Blue screen and not booting in any way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Ways to Fix Folder Access Denied Error in Windows

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Ways to Fix Folder Access Denied Error in Windows: I created a new user account for my work about 1 month ago, but today I deleted it and all files from this user account are encrypted, and I can't open any photos or word files with my main administrator account. I tried to give permission, but it doesn't work. Furthermore, I...
  9. BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BCD ERROR File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000000f: Suddenly my laptop start getting slow and on the second day start showing blue screen with this code:RecoveryFile:\Boot\BCDError code : 0x000000fI ran boot rec /rebuilkdbcd but it did not solve the problem. system restore is not working as well.Please help me...
  10. Windows 10 blue screen error Boot BCD 0xc00000e9

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 blue screen error Boot BCD 0xc00000e9: Windows 10 pro upgraded from 8.1 now gets a blue screen with error 0xc00000e9. Access only to BIOS. Left USB drive in, had 10 word v 365 docs on it. Restart failed. Tried again, failed; noticed & removed usb. How to fix??? Seems like an accident waiting to happen....