Windows 10: is there a way to add a password to account logout?

Discus and support is there a way to add a password to account logout? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; when an account gets logged out of it closes running programs that were launched by that account. it is possible to switch accounts without logging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/akat_walks, Mar 2, 2020.

1. is there a way to add a password to account logout?

when an account gets logged out of it closes running programs that were launched by that account. it is possible to switch accounts without logging out. is it possible to make windows not able to logout of an account yet can still switch accounts, unless a password is supplied?

submitted by /u/akat_walks
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/akat_walks, Mar 2, 2020

2. no logout - microsoft account

I'm not really sure what the exact nature of your problem is but you need a Microsoft account setup on the phone to be able to access the store and download apps. The same account is also used to backup content on the phone to your MS account online such
    as contacts, pictures & videos (Skydrive), messages and applications list & data.

As Farby suggested, you can tell the phone not to sync emails from this MS account if you want but you cannot remove your MS account for the above stated reasons.

Ray Hipkiss, Mar 2, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Yaqub K Win User

is there a way to add a password to account logout?

Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

is there a way to add a password to account logout?

1. is there a way to add a password to account logout? - Similar Threads - add password account

2. Add a password to primary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add a password to primary account: I was running win11 Home. Just recently upgraded to win11 PRO.Was using fingerprint reader or PIN to login to primary account. Never had or used password for login.But now I need to login to my primary account from RDP. The problem is RDP prompts for a password which I...
  3. Add a password to primary account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add a password to primary account: I was running win11 Home. Just recently upgraded to win11 PRO.Was using fingerprint reader or PIN to login to primary account. Never had or used password for login.But now I need to login to my primary account from RDP. The problem is RDP prompts for a password which I...
  4. Microsoft account: Will password changing result in Logout in all devices?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account: Will password changing result in Logout in all devices?: Hello there,Recently my friends laptop got stolen, so if she changes her password using her phone will the Microsoft account in the stolen laptop automatically logout or will it stay logged in. She doesn't have the password to the accountIf it stays logged in wouldn't that be...
  5. Microsoft account: Will password changing result in Logout in all devices?

Microsoft account: Will password changing result in Logout in all devices?: Hello there,Recently my friends laptop got stolen, so if she changes her password using her phone will the Microsoft account in the stolen laptop automatically logout or will it stay logged in. She doesn't have the password to the accountIf it stays logged in wouldn't that be...
  6. Is there a way to manually add a work account directly into the registry?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to manually add a work account directly into the registry?: I need to add a work account to my PC. If I go to Settings>Accounts>Access Work or School and press +Connect I get an empty panel that disappear after few seconds. Nothing happens.It is probably related to the problem that I have with the Store and that no Microsoft person...
  7. Is there a way to manually add a work account directly into the registry?

Is there a way to manually add a work account directly into the registry?: I need to add a work account to my PC. If I go to Settings>Accounts>Access Work or School and press +Connect I get an empty panel that disappear after few seconds. Nothing happens.It is probably related to the problem that I have with the Store and that no Microsoft person...
  8. Is there a way to manually add a work account directly into the registry?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. Is there a way to add separate inboxes in Mail for Gmail accounts?

Is there a way to add separate inboxes in Mail for Gmail accounts?: I would like to set up a similar system for my Gmail as there is for Outlook, with the 'Focused' and 'Other' sections of the inbox. I cannot seem to find a way to set this up for my Gmail account that I have connected to the Microsoft Mail App. I could only figure out how to...
  10. Netplwiz no password login, adds phantom account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Netplwiz no password login, adds phantom account: Hi guys, I've read 50 websites and too many to count reddit post's regarding this. I cannot get it. I want no login password or pin required on start up. So I do the usual through netplwiz. Everytime it adds a second account to the login screen that can't actually be...