Windows 10: Is there a way to add other drives to the C drive without the risk of losing data?

Discus and support Is there a way to add other drives to the C drive without the risk of losing data? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have 2 M.2 drives and 2 older mechanical hard drives. Since there’s only data on one of the drives I was going to combine the other 3 into the D... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/JohnnyCatz15, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Is there a way to add other drives to the C drive without the risk of losing data?

I have 2 M.2 drives and 2 older mechanical hard drives. Since there’s only data on one of the drives I was going to combine the other 3 into the D drive but is there a way to combine all 4 without losing data? Also is there a way to set the order that the drives are used?

submitted by /u/JohnnyCatz15
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/JohnnyCatz15, Jan 16, 2021

2. No C: but D: drive has all the data

Hi Austin,

To help you with your concern regarding the data on the drive C:, you're seeing the drive "C:" as the drive "D:" because you're booting your computer outside Windows. When booting your computer outside Windows, the system is reading the recovery partition
    as drive C: and the data in the drive C: \ are listed on the drive D: \. Try to boot your computer and try to check again the data in the drive C: \ and see if the data are listed.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jan 16, 2021
  3. steveeyes Win User
    Unallocated Drive but don't want to lose the data

After windows 10 last update my windows was corrupted and I could not find a fix. After hours of research and trying to find a way to fix my problem I decided reinstalling windows was the way to go.

I have two internal drives. Drive C and Drive D. My drive C works fine and all my window problems were fixed. But now I don't see my drive D even though it is there. When I ran windows Disk Management it shows the drive but it is unallocated.

My drive D is loaded with data that I don't want to lose. When searching for a solution, ever solution was an ad for buying software to fix the problem. If that is what I have to do I will but before I take another step I wanted to get feedback. Maybe if I would of done that in the first place I would not be having this problem.

So the question is. How do I fix my unallocated internal Drive D without losing the data on it.

Thanks

p.s. I'm using windows 10

steveeyes, Jan 16, 2021
  4. RonBarker Win User

Is there a way to add other drives to the C drive without the risk of losing data?

Can't find the C drive in Windows 10

All the suggestions above work, however, the easiest way to find C Drive is to type>This PC in the search box>Right click on>This PC and choose pin to taskbar. The hiding of C Drive and other Drives is another one of Microsoft's one-step forward and three-steps
    back.

RonBarker, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to add other drives to the C drive without the risk of losing data?

1. Is there a way to add other drives to the C drive without the risk of losing data? - Similar Threads - add drives drive

2. Can I upgrade my C drive without formatting or losing any data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I upgrade my C drive without formatting or losing any data?: I have a 1TB SSD installed as a C drive, is there any way I can upgrade that to a 2TB SSD without formatting or losing any data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upgrade-my-c-drive-without-formatting-or/cae2b53a-4bab-433c-8790-3e186caf6fdd
  3. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I can't repair corrupt files, so I want to reinstall Windows 10 again using media creation tool. I'm using only one drive C drive as I have 237 GB SSD. Furthermore, I had not done any partition. Only one C drive. So if I use media creation tool →...
  4. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data: I'm using Windows 10 Pro and I can't repair corrupt files, so I want to reinstall Windows 10 again using media creation tool. I'm using only one drive C drive as I have 237 GB SSD. Furthermore, I had not done any partition. Only one C drive. So if I use media creation tool →...
  5. Reinstall Windows in C drive without losing data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Adding a Drive to Storage Spaces Without Losing Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding a Drive to Storage Spaces Without Losing Data: Currently I backup my PC to an 8TB disk using Windows 10 backup. The drive is almost full so using Storage Spaces, I would like to add a new 8 TB drive for a total of 16 TB without losing any data byFirst create a new Storage Space on a new blank 8TB driveCopy the current 8...
  7. C: drive and DATA drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    C: drive and DATA drive: So I have had my current computer for a little while now, and I just now... I know silly me. Discovered a 1.8TB hard drive and its called DATA and I really would like to shift my current install to that drive, but I do not now how, so I have decided to ask here. I have...
  8. Allocate Hard Drive without Losing Data?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Allocate Hard Drive without Losing Data?: Long story short: - I bought two 12 TB WD external USB 3.0 hard drives. My plan was to back up all my data to one, and mirror that back up to another. I have been researching hard drive mirroring software. We'll call them "Main External" and "Back Up." - In the mean time, I...
  9. How to add C drive (or other drives) to nav pane

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add C drive (or other drives) to nav pane: How to add C drive (or other drives and folders) to nav pane like this removable device [img] 89283
  10. Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data: I intend to partition a hard drive I'll be buying to install Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 on each partition but I don't want to lose my data after I've installed Windows 7 and then 8.1 or maybe install the Windows 10 preview 32 bit. I am not going to install Windows 8.1 or 10...