Windows 10: Is there a way to add separate inboxes in Mail for Gmail accounts?

Discus and support Is there a way to add separate inboxes in Mail for Gmail accounts? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I would like to set up a similar system for my Gmail as there is for Outlook, with the 'Focused' and 'Other' sections of the inbox. I cannot seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Grace O'Brien, Mar 19, 2021.

1. Is there a way to add separate inboxes in Mail for Gmail accounts?

I would like to set up a similar system for my Gmail as there is for Outlook, with the 'Focused' and 'Other' sections of the inbox. I cannot seem to find a way to set this up for my Gmail account that I have connected to the Microsoft Mail App. I could only figure out how to create a folder, but the mail app does not put them in that folder automatically. Is there a way to automate this process for a Gmail account?

* Moved from Windows Essentials/WLM

:)

Grace O'Brien, Mar 19, 2021
  2. empty Win User

Windows 10 Mail Client Connected to GMail Account Has Ghost Mail in Inbox. How to Remove?

I'm using the Windows 10 Mail client on my laptop to connect via IMAP to my GMail account. In the course of trying to move an email from the Inbox to another folder, Mail hung up so I tried a couple of times to move the email.

Now I have two email headers in the Inbox folder view that have no body. When I click on the headers, there is nothing in the body, I just get an infinite loop of waiting dots. I have repeatedly tried to delete these ghosts both from the main window and from the mail body window. The delete will appear to work but then the emails will reappear again at a later time.

How can I remove these ghost emails?

empty, Mar 19, 2021
  3. mdm-adph Win User
    GMail Accounts Get 3 GB of Storage Space

As a user of Yahoo's online mail (for the past 7 years) and Gmail (for the past 2 or 3, can't remember how long it's been around), I have to disagree with you.

I use online mail accounts like Yahoo and Gmail simply to catch email through a forwarder on a domain I own. The forwarder doesn't block anything -- it simply redirects all mail sent to it to an email address I set up, either at Yahoo or Gmail. I've had this same email address at this domain for about 7 years, so it's had time to get on a lot of spammer's lists.

When I set this forwarder up to forward mail to Yahoo, something like 50-60 pieces of spam get through to my inbox every single day. This isn't including the 3 or 4 hundred that get redirected to the junk folder. And that's just one day.

When I set it up to forward to Gmail, that number of spam emails that make it to my inbox drops to two or three.

So, either Gmail's server admins are more on the ball when it comes to spam, or else Yahoo's simply not trying hard enough.

mdm-adph, Mar 19, 2021
  4. ecbritz Win User

Is there a way to add separate inboxes in Mail for Gmail accounts?

Windows 10 Mail App deleting emails in my Gmail Inbox

Thanks for the response and the appreciated advice. I use the Win 10 Mail app because it's an IMAP service making my emails accessible over different platforms: computer, phone, tablet etc.

I have since found out that if you delete an email in the Win 10 Mail app, it gets deleted in your Gmail inbox as well. I must have lost quite a few very important emails the past two or three years, not fully grasping what "syncting" exactly implied.

The question now is whether the emails shown in the Win 10 Mail inbox disappear from view -- WITHOUT having been deleted at Gmail -- after a certain number limit or time limit has been reached. For instance when 100 emails have been shown in the Mail inbox or after a month has passed since an email arrived at Gmail. If this is the case, then a Win 10 Mail setting might help to limit the number of mails shown in the Mail inbox and thus the inclination to start deleting.

I notice that settings for a certain email account, e.g. a Gmail account, can be made HERE:

Open Windows Mail > Accounts > Right Click on an account, e.g. your GMail account > Account Settings > Click on "Options for Syncting your contents" > Scroll to "Download email from" > Select from "the last 3 months", "the last two weeks", "the last month" etc.

Would choosing for instance "the last month" rather than "the last 3 months", reduce the number of emails shown in my Mail inbox, with emails that arrived two months ago removed from view but safely left behind in my Gmail inbox?

ecbritz, Mar 19, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to add separate inboxes in Mail for Gmail accounts?

1. Is there a way to add separate inboxes in Mail for Gmail accounts? - Similar Threads - add separate inboxes

2. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to add Gmail account to Mail?: Dear Sir, how to add Gmail account to Mail? I got error code 0x80070490 after tried many timed for add Gmail account. How to download wechat on labtop? I cannot find in Microsoft store. I'm using window 10 home...
  3. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to add Gmail account to Mail?: Dear Sir, how to add Gmail account to Mail? I got error code 0x80070490 after tried many timed for add Gmail account. How to download wechat on labtop? I cannot find in Microsoft store. I'm using window 10 home...
  4. how to add Gmail account to Mail?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  6. Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail

Add Gmail account to Windows 10 Mail: There are tons of pages worth of people asking this question, most of the solutions are the same and this does not work - maybe someone has figured this out more recently. I have IMAP enabled in my Google/Gmail settings, the problem is getting past the "add ann account" page,...
  7. app Mail cannot add Gmail account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    app Mail cannot add Gmail account: Hello, I have a problem with my app Mail, it cannot add a Gmail account. I tried to reset its setting, uninstall and reinstall it but it doesn't seem to work. But I can log in to my outlook app? The error code is 0x80080490 we couldn't find your settings. Can you help me fix...
  8. cannot add gmail account to mail app

cannot add gmail account to mail app: Whenever i try to add my gmail account it gives me this error message "Something went wrong, we couldn't find your settings, Error code : 0x80070490." I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app but it doesn't help....
  9. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app: Hi, I got into a problem that I can't add my Google and Yahoo account on mail apps of win 10. I'm sure that the problem doesn't related to any account issue because the apps is crashing when I click to add an account before the user and password page, that the...
  10. Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app

Unable to enable focus inbox for Gmail accounts in Mail app: I definitely used to have focused inbox support for my gmail accounts within the Windows 10 mail app. After having to reset my Windows Mail app, I no longer have the option to toggle focused inbox on my gmail accounts. Is there something I can do to fix this issue? I use...