Windows 10: Is there a way to adjust the balance between the left and right speaker channels in Windows 10?

Discus and support Is there a way to adjust the balance between the left and right speaker channels in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to adjust the balance between the left and right speaker channels in Windows 10? On my system the left audio channel is mute; Which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RalphZero, Oct 20, 2019.

1. RalphZero Win User

Is there a way to adjust the balance between the left and right speaker channels in Windows 10?

Is there a way to adjust the balance between the left and right speaker channels in Windows 10?

On my system the left audio channel is mute; Which component is failing?

:)

RalphZero, Oct 20, 2019

2. Media Player - left right channels -swapping and controlling

Hello,

We regret the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

When you say channel, do you mean disabling any particular channel or balancing audio stream to only one particular channel?

For the latter, this should be what you need:

• Right click on Start > Control Panel. Now click on 'Hardware and Sound'.
    • In the 'Hardware and Sound' dialog box that appears, click on 'Sound'.
    • Once you click on 'properties', you will see a 'Speakers properties' dialog as shown above. Now click on 'levels' tab, and click on 'Balance' button as shown above. Once you click on 'Balance', you will see a dialog box to adjust the volume of left and
      right speakers. You can adjust the volume of individual speakers by moving the sliders of L or R.

The above system will impact overall sound output of Windows, irrespective of the media player you use.

Hope the above information is helpful. Write to us if need further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Oct 20, 2019
  3. bmjdotnet Win User
    Left/Right balance in Windows 10 resets with volume changes.

Hi Cedeeh,

I think you may be overlooking the point of the issue, which is that Windows 10 does not persist volume balance adjustments. When the system reboots balance levels for sound devices are reset to equal volume in left and right channels,
    which is really inconvenient for users who need to correct for speaker placement asymmetry.

/b

bmjdotnet, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Bramicus Win User

left/right Sound is not balance since upgrade to windows 10

I've noticed that, but regardless of the "default" balance, you can adjust the output left/right balance for your devices individually as follows:

1. Right-click on the speaker icon in the tray (bottom right of screen) and choose "Playback devices";

2. Right-click on the device you're using (that you want to adjust) and choose "Properties";

3. Click on the "Levels" tab;

4. At the right of the "Speakers/Headphones" area where you can adjust the volume, click on "Balance"; and

5. Adjust the left (L) and right (R) balance sliders as you like.

You can leave that balance slider window open while you're playing the audio selection and the balance changes will take place instantly.

Bramicus, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there a way to adjust the balance between the left and right speaker channels in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - adjust balance between

2. Sound switches between left and right speakers every second

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound switches between left and right speakers every second: For example: if I played audio of a single note I can hear it bounce between the left and right speakers giving a dizzying effect that after a while of listening to music or video gives me a headache. Happens regardless of if it's on mono audio or notDoesn't happen with...
  3. Sound switches between left and right speakers every second

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound switches between left and right speakers every second: For example: if I played audio of a single note I can hear it bounce between the left and right speakers giving a dizzying effect that after a while of listening to music or video gives me a headache. Happens regardless of if it's on mono audio or notDoesn't happen with...
  4. Any ways to swap the left and right audio channel?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ways to swap the left and right audio channel?: Due to the current set up, my left speaker is on my right and vice versa, is there any ways I can swap them, it's annoying when watching video/playing gaming. I also tried APO equalizer, but with the latest updates of windows 10 it no longer works. Any other solutions?...
  5. LEFT AND RIGHT AUDIO IS NOT BALANCED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LEFT AND RIGHT AUDIO IS NOT BALANCED: I was listening to some videos online then I noticed that my right earphone slowly become quieter. Then it sounded 50% quieter after a few minutes. I checked the balancing and I need to drop it down to 50 to make them balanced. I tried with a different headset and its still...
  6. I cannot adjust left right balance on my bluetooth headphones anymore.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cannot adjust left right balance on my bluetooth headphones anymore.: I have had ear problems for awhile now so I need to be able to adjust my left/right balance in order to hear properly. I've been able to do it with my Bluetooth headphones in the past but I discovered today that my headphones were unbalanced. I went to go check where I...
  7. Audio output settings left/right balance issue. One channel way softer than the other?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio output settings left/right balance issue. One channel way softer than the other?: Randomly I change nothing, my sound settings changed, one audio channel left or right will be way softer than the other. I know how to adjust the balance in the audio settings, but why is this happening? I should not have to constantly reset my settings to have audio at the...
  8. Balance Left and Right channels for Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10 (Solution)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Balance Left and Right channels for Bluetooth headphones on Windows 10 (Solution): On this site and quite some other forums and sites I have seen that people are having issues controlling the left and right balance on their bluetooth headphones and I was having the same issue until I have found a solution just by accident. Link to the solution (Reddit)...
  9. How to adjust left-right balance for headphones connected to pc with bluetooth

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to adjust left-right balance for headphones connected to pc with bluetooth: I have a pair of Bose qc35II headphones and I can connect them to my Windows 10 box via bluetooth. When connected via bluetooth, if I try to correct the left-right balance by pressing the "Balance" button on the Levels tab of the Headphones Properties...
  10. Muting left/right channel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muting left/right channel: Hi, I am developing an application which requires me to mute left/right individually while listening to continuous audio output via headphone/earphone. I have tried the following options in windows 7, 8,8.1,10 laptops, - Adjusting the balance levels in playback device...