Windows 10: is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...

Discus and support is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; by maybe modifying the launch shortcut or something like that, does anyone know of a solution please?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MacroHard1, Jan 23, 2022.

1. is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...

by maybe modifying the launch shortcut or something like that, does anyone know of a solution please?

:)

MacroHard1, Jan 23, 2022

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Jan 23, 2022
  3. MCK
    mck Win User
    Is there a way to make File Explorer open with the view tab as default

When I open Win10's File Explorer, the default tab is always set to the "Home" tab. Is there a way to set the "View" tab as the default tab?

Reason I want File Explorer to open with the "View" tab active is that I want to be able to select "List" view or "Detail" view without having to first click the "View" tab.

Thanks,

4. MCK
    mck Win User

is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...

Is there a way to make File Explorer open with the view tab as default

Thanks for posting that work around.
    I'm hoping that someone knows a registry fix to make the "View" tab the default tab.

Thema:

is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...

1. is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default... - Similar Threads - always open photos

2. Default Application instead of Photos's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Default Application instead of Photos's: Is there anything I can get to replace photo editor in windows 11 can't get it to be my default application which is irfanview. for some reason 11 it wont allow it...
  3. Default Application instead of Photos's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Default Application instead of Photos's: Is there anything I can get to replace photo editor in windows 11 can't get it to be my default application which is irfanview. for some reason 11 it wont allow it...
  4. is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is there a way to always open the photos app in Folder view tab instead of the default...: by maybe modifying the launch shortcut or something like that, does anyone know of a solution please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-always-open-the-photos-app-in/c9d46c06-8ce8-4007-b154-cfcb6e66592b
  5. Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to permanently change the default Windows 11 folder view?: I'm getting older and am having increasing difficulty in seeing smaller details at distance. I'd really rather not have to sit up close to my monitor to see a Windows folder's contents. When folder view is set to Extra Large Icons I can see what I am looking for. I'd like to...
  6. How to change the default File Explorer tab to "View" instead of "Home"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to change the default File Explorer tab to "View" instead of "Home"?: Is there a way to change the default File Explorer tab to the View tab instead of Home tab?I very rarely use the options provided in Home tab, but I use the View tab options often, and it's a bit of a drag to switch to it manually every time I open the File Explorer....
  7. Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Photo App does not always open photos: I recieve pictures attached to emails frequently, and when I double-click to open them, more often than not, they do not open. It's the same situation if I'm browsing my photos in file explorer. I'm able to see the thumbnails of them, but when I double click them to open, the...
  8. Default Folder View

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View: I want to Set a default Folder View for all folders. I get the instruction: 1. Open File Explorer by using key combination Windows Key + E and navigate to the folder you want to use as a source for view layout setting. Where is that folder? I don't care if they are General...
  9. Default Folder Views

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default Folder Views: Hi, could someone explain why the default for most folders and subfolders is the Icon view and why its so hard change that view to something else permanently? For instance My Pictures, you can right click My Pictures / customize / "optimize this folder for general items"...
  10. Default Folder View?

in Windows 10 Support
    Default Folder View?: Is there a way to globally change the Default Folder View? I've used Folder Options | View | Apply to Folders a few times, but it only seems to stick on folders I've opened. 9521