Windows 10: Is there a way to assign keyboard shortcuts to different audio outputs?

Discus and support Is there a way to assign keyboard shortcuts to different audio outputs? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I know, I'm lazy. But I change what audio device I'm using very frequently. I'm looking for a way to just assign the swaps to keyboard shortcuts... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/UndeadPineapple, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Is there a way to assign keyboard shortcuts to different audio outputs?

I know, I'm lazy.

But I change what audio device I'm using very frequently. I'm looking for a way to just assign the swaps to keyboard shortcuts instead of clicking around for it, especially if I have a full screen program open.

Thanks.

submitted by /u/UndeadPineapple
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/UndeadPineapple, Mar 17, 2022

2. Is there any way to assign different browser tabs to different audio outputs?

Hi.

I am wondering, is there any way to assign different browser tabs to different audio outputs?

I'd like to do this because I make phone calls with Google Chrome and watch series at the same time on my secondary screen. Now my optical sound works as the default and is connected to a mix-amp. The mix-amp itself is connected via USB and works as my default
    communication device, perfect for TeamSpeak or Skype, especially because I use the mix-amp to adjust the volume difference between the default, optical, audio and the default communication, USB, audio. I would like this to work with Chrome as well.

Is this possible? Will it be possible soon? Should I ask Google as well?

Thank you

Felix Gerdtsson

Original Title: Audio Outputs

FelixGerdtsson, Mar 17, 2022
  3. Keyboard Shortcut to change Audio Output in Windows 10

Is there a keyboard shortcut built into Windows that will allow me to change which output I am playing audio to? I have two devides connected - A pair of headphones connected to the front panel jack, and a pair of Dell speakers connected to the output on
    the motherboard.

Thanks!

NatFranklin1, Mar 17, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Is there a way to assign keyboard shortcuts to different audio outputs?

Keyboard Shortcut to change Audio Output in Windows 10

Hi Nat, that cannot be done in Windows 10, however, click the link below to download a small totally free utility that will allow you to assign a keyboard shortcut for each Audio Device:

Audio Switcher

DaveM121, Mar 17, 2022
Thema:

Is there a way to assign keyboard shortcuts to different audio outputs?

1. Is there a way to assign keyboard shortcuts to different audio outputs? - Similar Threads - assign keyboard shortcuts

2. Is there a way to get Windows 11 to recognize different wired audio outputs as separate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to get Windows 11 to recognize different wired audio outputs as separate?: I have two things I plug into the Aux port in my computer, wired headphones and some desk speakers. However, Windows 11 recognizes these as the same output device.Is there a way to separate them out so I don't have to adjust settings each time I switch which device I have...
  3. Is there a way to get Windows 11 to recognize different wired audio outputs as separate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to get Windows 11 to recognize different wired audio outputs as separate?: I have two things I plug into the Aux port in my computer, wired headphones and some desk speakers. However, Windows 11 recognizes these as the same output device.Is there a way to separate them out so I don't have to adjust settings each time I switch which device I have...
  4. Unable to assign keyboard shortcut to a specific Slovak QWERTY keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to assign keyboard shortcut to a specific Slovak QWERTY keyboard: In the Language Bar Options tab of Advanced Key Settings I have four actions: Between input languages -> Left Alt+Shift To English United States - US -> Left Alt+Shift+1 To Russian Russia - Russian -> Left Alt+Shift+3 To Slovak Slovakia - Slovak QWERTY -> Left Alt+Shift+2...
  5. Ways to disable keyboard shortcuts?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ways to disable keyboard shortcuts?: Just got a pet bird and trying to make my gaming setup more bird friendly. Ordered a wireless mouse to stop cable chewing. Now my keyboard. He runs accross the keyboard hitting random shortcuts to reset webpages etc. Is there a way to remove most keyboard shortcuts? (Razer...
  6. Is there a program that let's you assign apps to audio output devices?

Is there a program that let's you assign apps to audio output devices?: I really like the per app audio output feature on Windows 10, but apps only show up when they are running or only when they are playing back audio (that's the case with Web browsers). I'm basically looking for a program let's me permanently assign app/programs to a specific...
  7. Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ?: Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ? I installed Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, but when it ran it said it could not detect any devices. If I plugged in a mouse and keyboard, used the tool to change settings, then unplugged the keyboard,...
  8. any way to make a clickable shortcut on the desktop to switch audio output?

any way to make a clickable shortcut on the desktop to switch audio output?: I have earphones, and monitor, I have to change audio output frequently, is there any way to create a convienient way for swithching this back and forward? submitted by /u/haha_supadupa [link] [comments]...
  9. audio output assignment base on monitor displaying

audio output assignment base on monitor displaying: Greetings all, I have a question for you gurus. I have a multi monitor setup and 1 of the 3 monitors is my TV with built in speakers. I know we can confine certain browsers to out put on specified speakers and set that as default but can we set where the browser is being...
  10. Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10: How to: Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10 How to Assign Keyboard Shortcut to Shortcuts in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows 10, you can assign a keyboard shortcut (aka: shortcut key) to a shortcut on your desktop, taskbar, and Start menu. When...