Windows 10: Is There A Way To Automate Hard Drive Organization?

Discus and support Is There A Way To Automate Hard Drive Organization? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use to use Windows SyncToy a lot to mirror drive content as well as some duplicate file finders. I'm wanting to know if those two features can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ryevick, Mar 26, 2021.

1. ryevick Win User

Is There A Way To Automate Hard Drive Organization?

I use to use Windows SyncToy a lot to mirror drive content as well as some duplicate file finders. I'm wanting to know if those two features can be combined.

I have crazy amounts of data for various projects, backups, etc on a few 4 & 5 Tb HDD. I would like to organize that data between the drives. Is there something that can analyze drives and find duplicates using name, dates and size and sync the drives?

I was thinking I could sync 2 drives at a time, then rotate the drives in this process until everything is synced and enormous amounts of free space being the reward.

Windows 10 Professional

:)

ryevick, Mar 26, 2021

2. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Is There A Way To Automate Hard Drive Organization?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Is There A Way To Automate Hard Drive Organization?

1. Is There A Way To Automate Hard Drive Organization? - Similar Threads - Automate Hard Drive

2. Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to organize your desktop icons in this way?: So i was recently trying to clean up my desktop as you can tell I probably needed it when I got the idea to add transparent squares on top of my background so I could sort my desktop icons while still being able to see my background. However, the desktop icons touches the...
  3. What is the best way to organize photos using one drive with and external hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to organize photos using one drive with and external hard drive backup: I have thousands of pictures from around the world in different file formats. I currently have pictures on several external hard drives and computers and I want to get them all organized. my current plan is to transfer all pictures from all computers and external hard drives...
  4. What is the best way to organize photos using one drive with and external hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to organize photos using one drive with and external hard drive backup: I have thousands of pictures from around the world in different file formats. I currently have pictures on several external hard drives and computers and I want to get them all organized. my current plan is to transfer all pictures from all computers and external hard drives...
  5. What is the best way to organize photos using one drive with and external hard drive backup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Is there a way to automate find/replace in MS Word?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to automate find/replace in MS Word?: I know there is macros and other shortcuts, so I was wondering if there is a way to do something like this, or to its effect. I have a document "my_document_XXXX" and the phrase 'XXXX' appears in multiple places in the document. So I was wondering if there is a way where if...
  7. Discussion about methods to organize a messy hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Discussion about methods to organize a messy hard drive: My hard dive is an absolute mess it has many duplicates. I have a goal to organize my files So I have one 4 Teribyte drive that I will call drive M. I plan to clone drive m to a external drive M-Copy and then I will use M-copy to move files and organize them to External Drive...
  8. Discussion about methodes to organize a messy hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Discussion about methodes to organize a messy hard drive: My hard dive is an absolute mess it has many duplicates. I have a goal to organize my files So I have one 4 Teribyte drive that I will call drive M. I plan to clone drive m to a external drive M-Copy and then I will use M-copy to move files and organize them to External Drive...
  9. Any Way to Automate a Response?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any Way to Automate a Response?: Hi! I'm owning my private website dedicated to the FS franchise (Lessons In Microsoft Flight Simulator / Leçons de vol pour les Flight Simulator de Microsoft, http://flightlessons.6te.net/ ) and I often answer to the questions here about troubles with installing, or...
  10. Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Best Way To Copy Hard Drives on Win10: I have Win10 and a 2 Terabyte external drive. I want to hang small old drives off the machine and copy their contents (200G, 100G, stuff like that) to that 2 Tera drive so's I can then wipe them and perhaps use them for other purposes. Windows copy seems uncertain. I...