Windows 10: is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

Discus and support is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mujhair, Feb 20, 2021.

1. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and manually save it.

is there a more automatic or faster way to save a screenshot? Win+PrtSc screenshot everything on the screen, I want Snip because I can choose part of the screen to capture.

submitted by /u/mujhair
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mujhair, Feb 20, 2021
  2. HaydenFu Win User

Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting or way to automatically save my snip and sketches(taken using Windows+Shift+S) as a file on my computer,
    not just on my clipboard.

Note: I do realize that if I open up snip and sketch(the app) I can save the snip onto my computer, but I would like to know if I can save it using the faster method of Windows+Shift+S. I am looking to have the snips save automatically the way that (windows+prtscrn)
    automatically saves the screen snip locally.

Thank you in advance, and if function does not exist, please add it as an option in settings.

HaydenFu, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Feb 20, 2021
  4. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

1. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch? - Similar Threads - automatically save snip

2. Snip & Sketch Not Displaying the Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Not Displaying the Snip: Snip & Sketch Opens and allows you to draw a snip, but doesn't present the results back to be able to save it.I have researched a number of articles and have reinstalled the Microsoft Apps, Nothing has worked so far....
  3. Where are snip and sketch videos automatically saved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are snip and sketch videos automatically saved?: I need to recover a video but can't seem to find where it saved, can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-snip-and-sketch-videos-automatically/28e2d82e-7af2-4691-ba76-327b1e9e6989
  4. Where are snip and sketch videos automatically saved?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are snip and sketch videos automatically saved?: I need to recover a video but can't seem to find where it saved, can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-snip-and-sketch-videos-automatically/28e2d82e-7af2-4691-ba76-327b1e9e6989
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  6. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  7. Snip & Sketch Snip

8. snip and sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    snip and sketch: it is quite annoying that you cannot tell us how to fix this issue. i can bypass the problem but it takes a number of extra steps witch i cannot explain because you will not allow comments from people smarter than your techs.. am disgusted with windows@microsoft....
  9. Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG: I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting or way to automatically save my snip and sketchestaken using Windows+Shift+S as a file on my computer, not just on my...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...