Windows 10: Is there a way to automatically turn my PC on in the middle of the night, run Windows...

Discus and support Is there a way to automatically turn my PC on in the middle of the night, run Windows... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a headless VR PC in my living room, which I've almost managed to get to a point where I never need to touch the desktop. My main problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dr_Brule_FYH, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Is there a way to automatically turn my PC on in the middle of the night, run Windows...

I have a headless VR PC in my living room, which I've almost managed to get to a point where I never need to touch the desktop.

My main problem is keeping Windows and games updated, so that I don't have to run updates manually when I just want to use VR.

I think I know how to schedule my PC to turn on (via BIOS) and how to turn itself off (via policy) but I'm stuck on how to automatically run Windows Update - especially since the PC boots into a logged out state.

Has anyone tried this? Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Dr_Brule_FYH
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dr_Brule_FYH, Dec 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 PCs start in the middle of the night

Both PCs have started to wake up in the night

You need to check two things:

1. Automatic Maintenance settings.
    2. Scheduled Tasks.

Automatic Maintenance

Windows performs Automatic Maintenance at a set time (usually in the middle of the night).

Note:

• By default, Automatic Maintenance is set to wake up your computer and run maintenance tasks at 2 AM.
    • You must be an Administrator to change the Automatic Maintenance settings.
    • See below for instructions on how change the time.

Scheduled Tasks

There may also be other Scheduled Tasks that will wake your PC. To check these:

1. Run the Task Scheduler.
    2. Click on "Task Scheduler Library".
    3. Check if there any tasks scheduled to run during the night.

How to Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

Source How to Change Automatic Maintenance Settings in Windows 10

DavidPostill, Dec 13, 2020
  3. Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

hi, yesterday i woke up in the middle of the night and decided to turn over on to my other side, but then i noticed my laptop had just started turning itself on. I'm very sure I put it into shutdown that evening. and my monitor was turned off too. It didn't
    connect to the monitor by itself, so it displayed everything on the actual laptop screen. It turned on in the normal way:

-black background, white circle with text in the middle

-lock screen/sign in screen

-no error messages

I didn't know why it was doing this but was sleepy so just shut it down, and went back to sleep.

Can someone help me?

HumanWithQuestions, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Bree Win User

Is there a way to automatically turn my PC on in the middle of the night, run Windows...

Is there a way to automatically set night light at a specified time?

Welcome to Ten Forums.

Yes there is, see Option Four, Step 6 this tutorial.

Turn On or Off Night Light in Windows 10

Thema:

Is there a way to automatically turn my PC on in the middle of the night, run Windows...

1. Is there a way to automatically turn my PC on in the middle of the night, run Windows... - Similar Threads - automatically turn middle

2. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  3. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer turning on in the middle of the night: My computer is randomly turning on at night, somewhere around 3-5 am. I know it does this when updating and also going into a mode where it looks like it's shut down and you have to press the power button to turn it on but it's actually just asleep. No idea what that's...
  4. Computer turning on in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows computer turning on in the middle of the night

Windows computer turning on in the middle of the night: Hello. For about 4 months now my Windows computer has turned on in the middle of the night. When I enter powercfg -lastwake, it told me the Power Button turned it on, even though I wasn’t touching it. My computer turns on in the middle of the day, too, and it’s an obnoxious...
  6. my computer turns on in the middle of the night -- 2:44 A.M. every night. Windows 10

my computer turns on in the middle of the night -- 2:44 A.M. every night. Windows 10: my computer turns on in the middle of the night -- 2:44 A.M. every night. Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-turns-on-in-the-middle-of-the-night/618548ee-801b-4429-bd54-82a5a157f7cc
  7. Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop turned of itself in the middle of the night.: I turned off my laptop at 4 am. Woke up 7 am to find out my laptop was hibernanting, which was strange since i knew i turned that thing off. Looked up on Task Manager and noticed that my laptop was running since 5:30 am. Opened the Reliability Monitor and found out that my...
  8. PC wakes up in the middle of the night by StartMenuExperienceHost.exe

PC wakes up in the middle of the night by StartMenuExperienceHost.exe: Hi everyone, New windows installation, the PC keeps waking in the middle of the night. I have done all the steps needed like disabling wake up timers in power settings, disabling power management on all devices, etc and everything else that there is on the net. powercfg...
  9. Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Laptop turning on in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT: hi, yesterday i woke up in the middle of the night and decided to turn over on to my other side, but then i noticed my laptop had just started turning itself on. I'm very sure I put it into shutdown that evening. and my monitor was turned off too. It didn't connect to the...
  10. Waking in the middle of the night

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Waking in the middle of the night: So I built my PC about a year ago and as of recent the thing has been waking in the middle of the night from sleep and just blasting my room full of light. I don't know what is causing it but when i run powercfg -last wake it talks about a systemEventsBroker and...