Windows 10: Is there a way to automaticly run scf/dism before windows boots?

Discus and support Is there a way to automaticly run scf/dism before windows boots? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Is there a way to automatically run scf/dism before windows boots? Things seem to run faster outside windows so I was wondering if there was a fast and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ZippyDSMlee, May 10, 2020.

1. Is there a way to automaticly run scf/dism before windows boots?

Is there a way to automatically run scf/dism before windows boots? Things seem to run faster outside windows so I was wondering if there was a fast and simple way to do it, I am either rushing for forgetting and don't run them when I have a hard crash I reboot like once or twice a week so it taking 5-15min to boot into windows is not a big issue.

a side question how can I tell if win10 is being damaged by wrongly clocked hardware? I heard something about any kind of overclock can potentially lead to corrupting data in odd ways. I mainly OC my 4790k to 4.3/all core or so I don't OC ramm.

:)

ZippyDSMlee, May 10, 2020

2. Running DISM

Thanks for the feedback. For us to diagnose further this issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Which DISM command did you perform?
    • How long was it stuck in 97.6%?

In the meantime, let's start your computer using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This will help us eliminate software conflicts which usually happen when you install or perform updates on your computer. For the instructions, please check out

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

You may try running DISM again when you're done doing the clean boot.

Please keep us updated with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 10, 2020
  3. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, May 10, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Is there a way to automaticly run scf/dism before windows boots?

windows 10 cannot boot from media both USB and DVD, and only has windows boot manager as an option in the BIOS

Hi Joseph,

Based on the details you have provided, kindly elaborate to us what are the troubleshooting steps you have done
    so far aside from what you have mentioned? We need to know what are the troubleshooting that you have done so that we can avoid on providing you another troubleshooting steps that you have already performed. And based on the error message, error code, and
    the files you have provided, can you access safe mode
    and
    run the System File Checker (SFC)?
    System File Checker (SFC) can
    fix and replace damaged or corrupted, and missing registry or system files. If you are able to access
    safe mode, you can run these following commands after the
    System File Checker (SFC):

Run SFC Scan:  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Boot Record:

This will fix the corruptions on
    boot records or boot
    sequence. To run this command, follow these steps:

• Run

• Bootrec /fixMBR  

• Bootrec /fixBoot

• Bootrec /rebuildBCD  

Run DISM Tool:  

DISM
    will
    restore any Corrupted System Image
    that causes the
    issues
    on your
    icons, applications, and other hardware or software devices. To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:  

• Run

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to automaticly run scf/dism before windows boots?

1. Is there a way to automaticly run scf/dism before windows boots? - Similar Threads - automaticly run scf

2. Request: DISM - Need DISM to check Source is valid before running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request: DISM - Need DISM to check Source is valid before running.: Need DISM to verify source exists typed in correctly before process starts.It runs for minutes only to come back and report source is not available.My system seems to be infected. Corruption was detected. I ran DISM to repair, only to report source is not available.I did run...
  3. Request: DISM - Need DISM to check Source is valid before running.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request: DISM - Need DISM to check Source is valid before running.: Need DISM to verify source exists typed in correctly before process starts.It runs for minutes only to come back and report source is not available.My system seems to be infected. Corruption was detected. I ran DISM to repair, only to report source is not available.I did run...
  4. Request: DISM - Need DISM to check Source is valid before running.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issue running DISM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue running DISM: Anybody gettnig an issue with DISM when running this command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthit just errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-running-dism/c1c77dbe-c011-4783-bfa8-7be6afe14c8a
  6. Issue running DISM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue running DISM: Anybody gettnig an issue with DISM when running this command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealthit just errors. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-running-dism/c1c77dbe-c011-4783-bfa8-7be6afe14c8a
  7. DISM not running

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DISM not running: I thought it advisable to run DISM to check the health of my system. First I performed a CheckHealth and I got the message No component store corruption detected. The operation completed successfully. After that I wanted a more thorough scan so I started with ScanHealth....
  8. I've been having problems with my driver and the scf or dism are not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I've been having problems with my driver and the scf or dism are not working: Hello, when I run the Dism this is what I get. All the help will be very usefull. Plus every time I boot, after a while I get the message "restart to repair drive errors". Hopefully you can help me out 2020-11-26 16:12:01, Info CSI 00000223 [SR] Cannot...
  9. run dism

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    run dism: What is the string to run DISM ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-dism/6e6c9e3d-b255-4309-a552-6360c920e9f1
  10. Is there a way to automaticly run scf/dism befor windows boots?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a way to automaticly run scf/dism befor windows boots?: Is there a way to automatically run scf/dism before windows boots? Things seem to run faster outside windows so I was wondering if there was a fast and simple way to do it, I am either rushing for forgetting and don't run them when I have a hard crash I reboot like once or...