Windows 10: Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive?

Discus and support Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; [img] This is a print screen I took last month. I had this problem where I manually created my own Windows System Restore point naming it Healthy PC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive?

Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive? [​IMG]

This is a print screen I took last month. I had this problem where I manually created my own Windows System Restore point naming it Healthy PC.

The problem is after a few more days when I installed a new application named BabasChess. Windows created an Automatic System Restore point named as Windows Modules Installer. The problem is that it erased all my previously created system restore points!

Is there a way to prevent that from happening? And if not is there a way to backup created system restore points in case Windows erases them after some time? That way I don't have to worry in case anything goes wrong I can restore my computer to an older system restore point off a USB.

Many thanks.

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Aug 9, 2019

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Aug 9, 2019
  3. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 9, 2019
  4. pintree3 Win User

Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive?

USB flash drives not recognized nor will a System restore point restor

My OS: Windows 10 Home
    I believe that it all started with the installment of a possibly dodgy security suite "Akick". I had just done a fresh windows install a few days before it running only the built in Microsoft Security before it.
    I felt something was not right about it and it stayed on my PC (Acer E1-532P) for 3 days or so. On reboot it always told me that my computer was protected. This message coming quite late after Windows started made me suspicious and on the final time it didn't load at all forcing me to be smart and uninstall it.
    Anyhow. my problem was that I suddenly noticed that no USB flash drive was being read. I can hear the Windows sound of something being installed but no drive letter appeared. I tried different slots both internal and external and nothing. I also tried other USB flash drives and still nothing. A net search suggested this and that (power options changes, uninstalling USB driver in Device Manager, disabling quick start, etc. ) and still nothing. I then did a Windows Restore but it would not do so. I tried earlier restore points and still nothing--Windows restore could not complete. And I got the same error message in trying to put it back to its previous point , to undo restore, and oddly enough the same message of no success popped up.
    Oh yeah another odd thing: Although the task bar Windows Security Defender said all is OK actually clicking on it showed that it wasn't turned on and nor can I turn it on saying "this app is turned off by group policy". I managed to fix that problem and tried everything again- restore, USB repair solution etc.
    Besides these 3 problems everything was great BTW all was running smoothly. Oh and my external mouse and keyboard are wireless so the USB connector making them run works fine. The only problem seems to be the addition of USB flash drives (even external hard drives could be connected via USB and no problem). drives therefore work Windows booted in quickly. It seems then, having exhausted my fixes I tried ReimagePlus. I was surprised to see how many things were found wrong (so many that I hesitated using it--it was after all soon after a fresh reinstall of the OS so how could you claim so many problems? After running the software I have to say that my problem has not been solved.
    (BTW though there is a beep and a USB slot does appear in Device Manager it does have a yellow icon on it BUT no USB is seen in Disk Management)

The ways I tried to solve the USB problems is as follows:
    Solution 1 - Turn off Fast Startup
    Solution 2 - Update your drivers / install the default driver
    Solution 3 - Uninstall all USB drivers including hidden ones
    Solution 4 - Change USB Selective Suspend Settings
    Solution 5 - Reconnect your USB devices
    (Disconnected all drives and reconnected them 1 at a time after reboot.
    Solution 6 – Ran Windows Defender and Malware-bytes malware and found nothing

I did not try (as suggested on a website):
    a) "USBOblivion tool"
    b) to Disable USB3 support from BIOS
    c) Update chipset drivers (had been done right after the fresh OS reinstall)

Thank you

pintree3, Aug 9, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive?

1. Is there a way to back up System Restore points to a USB Flash Drive? - Similar Threads - System Restore points

2. System Restore Point not showing up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Restore Point not showing up.: Hi,I created a System Restore Point when my laptop just came out from the box and it was like a month ago, but now when i try to System Restore my pc, it wont show up the a month ago restore point, can someone explain? thank's...
  3. System Restore Point not showing up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Restore Point not showing up.: Hi,I created a System Restore Point when my laptop just came out from the box and it was like a month ago, but now when i try to System Restore my pc, it wont show up the a month ago restore point, can someone explain? thank's...
  4. System restore restore point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore restore point: Hello,There is something wrong with my computer so I wanted to run system restore but all I see is one restore point when I go to the menu even when I click choose a different restore point. I am POSITIVE that I made more then one restore point .Can you please help me...
  5. System Restore Back up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore Back up: All In One 22-df0023wwindows 10 64 bitPurchased this new HP and want to make a recovery on an external hard drive. Any advice on the best way to do this? I thought about the system image back up, yet while doing some searching I saw where some were saying that they made an...
  6. Back up to USB Flash drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back up to USB Flash drive: When backing up my laptop I use the Windows 7 back up procedure in control panel to create a system image to a usb hard drive. I recently advised my mate that he should do the same with his laptop so he purchased a 256gb USB flash drive. When we attempt to do the back up of...
  7. Backing up files to a USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up files to a USB flash drive: Hi I am wondering if there is a specific program that can walk me through backing up info from my computer either to a usb drive or to burn to disc? when i try to backup to a usb thumb drive or whatever you call it. it asks me to save or import to dropbox. i prefer a program...
  8. Windows 10 System Restore USB flash drive problem

Windows 10 System Restore USB flash drive problem: In setting up a refurbished Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit Lenovo T420 laptop for a friend, after activating the pre-installed OS, doing the updates, cleaning out the bloatware etc, I made a Recovery Drive on a USB key which turned out to be a life-saver. I won't go into it here...
  9. System Restore is on But No Restore Points

System Restore is on But No Restore Points: I've had System Restore on for drive c: for the last 3 days. I want in there today ad there are no restore points/ Is this by default?!? James...
  10. USB flash drives not recognized nor will a System restore point restor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drives not recognized nor will a System restore point restor: My OS: Windows 10 Home I believe that it all started with the installment of a possibly dodgy security suite "Akick". I had just done a fresh windows install a few days before it running only the built in Microsoft Security before it. I felt something was not right about...