Windows 10: Is there a way to backup Windows 10 settings to OneDrive and restore later?

Discus and support Is there a way to backup Windows 10 settings to OneDrive and restore later? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Win10 computer with only store apps installed. Is there a way to backup the information about which apps are installed and app settings to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by billying, Apr 20, 2019.

1. billying Win User

Is there a way to backup Windows 10 settings to OneDrive and restore later?

I have a Win10 computer with only store apps installed. Is there a way to backup the information about which apps are installed and app settings to OneDrive? So that these apps can be reinstalled automatically when I change the hard drive or replace the computer, after I login to Microsoft account.

This is one of the best features in Windows 10 Mobile. When I reset the phone or change to a new phone, I can login to my Microsoft account and choose a back to restore. The store apps will be automatically downloaded and installed on the phone, including the screen layout.

Does Windows 10 have the same feature?

:)

billying, Apr 20, 2019

2. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Is there a way to backup Windows 10 settings to OneDrive and restore later? - Similar Threads - backup settings OneDrive

2. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  3. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  4. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. What's the best way to backup OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the best way to backup OneDrive?: I am liking OneDrive a lot, and I love the whole aspect of only downloading what I need to any device when I need it. Saves lots of storage on my laptops, but I have access to everything I need. That said, I don't like the idea of OneDrive being the only place where all of...
  6. Backup and restore with Onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup and restore with Onedrive: I recently was fixing my partner's laptop drive via hooking it up to my PC. I was trying to format the laptop's drive and in the process I also formatted my P c's drive. But luckily within the last 2 weeks prior to the formatting, I was finally able to use my OneDrive...
  7. Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows: How to: Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows How to Backup and Restore Font Settings in Windows A font is a graphical representation of text that may include a different typeface, point size, weight, color, or design. If you like, you can backup your font...
  8. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing windows 10 backup and restore later: Hi cant convince my wife to move to windows 10..... yet if I make an acronis true image back up of her system now, then upgrade vidta to windows 7, then upgrade to windows 10, let it activate, then make another acronis true image backup.....then restore the vista backup....
  9. Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore AutoPlay Settings in Windows 10 AutoPlay lets you choose an action for different kinds of media when you plug in a device or insert media. You can set AutoPlay to open different kinds...
  10. Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10: How to: Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 How to Backup and Restore Folder View Settings in Windows 10 [img] Information In Windows, you can change the layout view of the content of your folders to how you like. This tutorial will show you how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. backing up settings to onedrive

2. backup pc settings to onedrive

3. back up settings to onedrive windows 10

4. back up settings to onedrive,
  5. windows 10 backup settings to onedrive,
  6. one drive backup feature,
  7. backup windows 10 settings to pnedrive,
  8. back up settings to onedrive windows 10 2019,
  9. onedrive backup restore settings,
  10. windows 10 backup settings onedrive