Windows 10: Is there a way to backup Windows Store apps or games?

Discus and support Is there a way to backup Windows Store apps or games? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Games like Forza Horizon 4 take more than 3 days to download. I tried installing it on another drive besides the Windows disk, but when I switched... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by GuyInDogSuit, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Is there a way to backup Windows Store apps or games?

Games like Forza Horizon 4 take more than 3 days to download. I tried installing it on another drive besides the Windows disk, but when I switched computers, it just started downloading it all over again. Fortunately this is the only game I bought from Windows Store, but re-downloading it when I reinstall Windows is ridiculous. Is there any way to backup and restore it?

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Jan 10, 2019
  2. robinpe Win User

Missing apps: Store, People, Photos, Games & Camera on upgrading to 10

Thanks for replying spunk. That's the 'alphabetical' list I was referring to, none of these apps are in that 'All apps' list. Any more suggestions?

robinpe, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Games from App Store

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps below for the Windows store downloads.

• Press Windows + E.

• Click on This PC at the top left corner.

• Click on C: Drive.

• Click on Program files.

• Click on Windows Apps.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Is there a way to backup Windows Store apps or games?

Windows Store to Pack "Mature" Games and Apps

They announce this right after they said weren't going to carry any of it... Ya think some investors told them to stfu and take money? *Laugh :laugh:

I wonder how long it will be before you can't install noncertified apps? The app store is the 1st stepping stone. Although, you'd have to be an idiot to give 30% to these clowns.

TheGuruStud, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to backup Windows Store apps or games?

1. Is there a way to backup Windows Store apps or games? - Similar Threads - backup Store apps

2. Apps and Games will not install from Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps and Games will not install from Store: apps and games download from store but fails when trying to install. I get error 0x80007005. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/apps-and-games-will-not-install-from-store/c2b6b291-ec8b-4eee-8007-bffc99f99ac9
  3. Trying to install Windows Store app *Hard way*

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to install Windows Store app *Hard way*: OK, because I am having trouble downloading/installing Gears of War 4 from the Store, I downloaded the entire file with fiddler and used PowerShell to install the app package. But for some reason, powershell keeps installing it to "D:\" drive but I have changed the default...
  4. Game from Windows Store but cannot in app purchase from Windows Store???

Game from Windows Store but cannot in app purchase from Windows Store???: I downloaded "Seekers Notes: Hidden Mystery" from The Windows Store, however, I cannot make in app purchases from the Windows Store. When I try to make a purchase in the app, it will say "accessing windows store" then a grey box with the windows icon in the upper righthand...
  5. How do I backup a game bought via Windows Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I backup a game bought via Windows Store?: I have a 240GB SSD so I like to be careful about space allocated to my games. With Steam games it is easy to just copy the game folder to an external HD when I'm not playing it then moved it back when I fancy playing it. However, I purchased Rise of the Tomb Raider from...
  6. how to backup a Windows Store app in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    how to backup a Windows Store app in Windows 10?: Hi, an app that's mission-critical to my work is getting an update that I think might cause me problems, but I'd like to test it. Is there a way to backup the currently-installed version of that app, install the update, and then roll back to the earlier version if the update...
  7. Backup Window Store game saves, app settings to export to another PC

Backup Window Store game saves, app settings to export to another PC: I have install windows 10 on a previous PC, which contain some game saves. I just install Windows 10 to a new PC, and would like to import my previous game saves and app settings.. So is there anyway to backup the game saves and app settings of Window Store apps/games...
  8. How do I backup and restore Windows Store apps?

How do I backup and restore Windows Store apps?: I'm planning on doing fresh install but my internet isn't the best and so I want to backup my bigger Windows Store apps so I don't have to re-download them later (mostly games). Is there some kind of method to get a copy of them and then put them back later? 40421
  9. Windows store Weather app (No way to get it work!!!)

Windows store Weather app (No way to get it work!!!): This app was working perfectly fine even after the last update. from last night it suddenly stopped working and there is no way I can get it to work! When I click on it I get a message saying: "This app can't open" Check the windows store. So I went to windows store and...
  10. Improvements to Windows Store apps and games visibility

in Windows 10 News
    Improvements to Windows Store apps and games visibility: Windows Store has received feedback from some developers who were not able to find their apps in the Store and we’ve been working hard to improve app visibility. In addition to improving app visibility, later this month the Store will also optimize the algorithms that...