Windows 10: Is there a way to bind a hotkey to shutdown?

Discus and support Is there a way to bind a hotkey to shutdown? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Incase an app crashes and refuses to close, even with task manager or Alt-F4 (this has happened, I had to hard reset). I've already looked into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BorkBorkIAmADoggo, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Is there a way to bind a hotkey to shutdown?

Incase an app crashes and refuses to close, even with task manager or Alt-F4 (this has happened, I had to hard reset). I've already looked into the "Choose what the power button does" but it has no option to change the sleep button to shutdown. Also, while I'm posting this, there's two buttons on top of my PC's case next to the sleep button, one is a circle but segmented several times, and the other is a solid circle with an M in the middle. What do these two mean?

submitted by /u/BorkBorkIAmADoggo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BorkBorkIAmADoggo, Aug 4, 2020
  2. landstad Win User

Spotify bind hotkey. Ingame

Hey,

Is there a program/script/way to make hotkeys for spotify, that i' can use in game?

Thanks for any answears.
    If your not intrested in helpin or here just to slander dont bother comment plz !

otherwise Have a nice day! *Love :love: *Roll :roll:

landstad, Aug 4, 2020
  3. NZY
    nzy Win User
    How to bind hotkey to an app like Calculator in Windows 10?

In Win 8 and Win 7 I was able to bind hotkey to Calculator (Ctrl-Alt-C).

How to do this in Windows 10?

4. NogtTL Win User

Is there a way to bind a hotkey to shutdown?

Shortcuts/hotkeys for text suggestion

I didn't found it official shortcut list, so I ask here.

Are there are any shortcuts/hotkeys to

• loop though text suggestions
    • insert the text suggestion

NogtTL, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to bind a hotkey to shutdown?

1. Is there a way to bind a hotkey to shutdown? - Similar Threads - bind hotkey shutdown

2. Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?: Basically I set up some global hotkeys for my app such as WinKey+Home/End/-/+, and Function keys, but Windows steals the WinKey+Home/End/+ hotkeys and doesn't let me app to fire its own actions. I can see what Windows is doing with these global hotkeys but is there a way to...
  3. Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to disable global Windows hotkeys?: Basically I set up some global hotkeys for my app such as WinKey+Home/End/-/+, and Function keys, but Windows steals the WinKey+Home/End/+ hotkeys and doesn't let me app to fire its own actions. I can see what Windows is doing with these global hotkeys but is there a way to...
  4. Hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys: I downloaded to Windows 11 and some of my hotkeys aren't working. For instance my mic key on the actual laptop and my camera key won't work. I use this as an extra layer when on teams or zoom meetings to make sure I'm muted or camera off. anyone else having this issue? Have...
  5. Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver?: Are there any way to have a hotkey for the screensaver? Like, I want to have it so that when I press Crtl + Alt + O it would trigger the Screensaver. submitted by /u/XTremeGameboy [link] [comments]...
  6. Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen?

Is there a way to use custom hotkeys while fullscreen?: I'm trying to set up a custom hotkey to mute my mic while in fullscreen games. I have everything set in a powershell script, which is called by a batch file to use the script, and send a command to a global class it creates. That's all working fine. I created a shortcut to...
  7. Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ?: Is there a way to change HotKey assignments on a laptop keyboard ? I installed Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center, but when it ran it said it could not detect any devices. If I plugged in a mouse and keyboard, used the tool to change settings, then unplugged the keyboard,...
  8. A way to bind a key combo to tab into a particular window / application?

A way to bind a key combo to tab into a particular window / application?: For example. I can bind “ ALT + NUMPAD 1 “ To always tab into opening up the same window for Spotify or whatever app/window I assigned it to I have to use multiple applications but don’t have 2 screens at the moment and need to constantly check between windows , I know I can...
  9. Is there a simple way (hotkey) to switch audio output?

Is there a simple way (hotkey) to switch audio output?: I have heard of sound switch and the like but they only change default audio device and some games and itunes will not follow the default device but will stay with the one they were opened in. Is there a way to maybe enable and disable a device with a shortcut? Any other...
  10. Hotkeys.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hotkeys.: Now I am the kind of person that tries to delay updates as much as possible because of things like this. But the latest one changed the start key view, as well as a search bar, and now every other time when I press escape witch I use at least 200 times a day, it throws me out...