Windows 10: Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

Discus and support Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; For whatever reason, windows update always want to install an older driver on my laptop. The problem however besides it being out of date is that it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeoShafai, Jun 21, 2022.

1. LeoShafai Win User

Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

For whatever reason, windows update always want to install an older driver on my laptop. The problem however besides it being out of date is that it doesnt also replace the radeon software version, so it can't open. I got around this before with an appx package for it I found, but that is now further out of date.When it does this, if I simply reinstall the new driver after, along with its software app, one componant is missing which causes the taskbar and the fullscreen start menu to have visual errors similar to using the basic display adapter.So the best option would jsut be to block this

:)

LeoShafai, Jun 21, 2022

2. Windows update issues

It works, but I still need to fix it so that way I dont have to plug computers directly to the modem to get windows update to work. It was also blocking me from installing directx.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jun 21, 2022
  3. Win10 updates

The initial one was KB3035583 to get the Get Windows 10 app (GWX). Though that particular update is probably pages upon dozens of pages down the list by now.

tabascosauz, Jun 21, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jun 21, 2022
Thema:

1. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update? - Similar Threads - block particular update

2. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?: For whatever reason, windows update always want to install an older driver on my laptop. The problem however besides it being out of date is that it doesnt also replace the radeon software version, so it can't open. I got around this before with an appx package for it I...
  3. Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to block a particular update in windows update?: For whatever reason, windows update always want to install an older driver on my laptop. The problem however besides it being out of date is that it doesnt also replace the radeon software version, so it can't open. I got around this before with an appx package for it I...
  4. Is there a way to find out what program is blocking my windows update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is there a way to find out what program is blocking my windows update?: A chunk of time ago I installed a program to block windows updates. As of now, I need to enable them, however cannot remember what program I used. During the attempts to update windows code 0x80070020 pops up so I assume the software is aware that it's blocked, is there a way...
  5. Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best Way to Permanently Block Windows 10 Updates: The updates are worse than any security threats. What is the best way to block them entirely. Programs like shutdownblocker seem to not work long term. submitted by /u/uspsman [link] [comments]...
  6. block windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    block windows update: The following Intel update SCSI 17.5.3.1026 is causing major boot up problems. I had to do a system point restore to get my computer back to working condition. From the blog,s I've read, it seems to be a problem with RST and BIOS not in sync. I spoke with Dell about this...
  7. Ways to block Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Ways to block Windows 10 updates: I'm having issues with a recent windows cumulative update. I uninstalled said update, and blocked it using wushowhide tool. However, after leaving my pc on, unattended for a few minutes, I came back to see that the pc had restarted and begun updating automatically. After the...
  8. how to skip a particular update

how to skip a particular update: I have Windows 10 64 bit that's updated to build 1703 already. Now I have a set of updates, including cumulative security and some Nvidia GPU driver update from year 2016 (no kidding). For obvious reason I like to skip that Nvidia device driver update. I did a search on...
  9. Easiest way to block Windows Updates

Easiest way to block Windows Updates: Hi all, I need three days of my life to setup a new computer with Win 10 Pro AU and now it's pretty fine (or almost...). Said that, I am really afraid that some "forced" update will destroy my spare time again so I want to AVOID Windows Update to update my computer....
  10. Is there a way to exclude only 1 particular driver in updates?

Is there a way to exclude only 1 particular driver in updates?: I determined the high resource usage when idle (laptop) was caused by the Synaptic Touchpad drivers. Upon uninstall, Win10 will immediately start downloading and installing the driver. *really I disabled automatic driver updates. However, I would like to keep automatic...