Windows 10: Is there a way to bring back the useful/full right-click menu on items in the start menu?

Discus and support Is there a way to bring back the useful/full right-click menu on items in the start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When I right-click something in the start menu, it brings up this really useless menu that seems to have the whole "metro design" style. but it really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/acolyte_to_jippity, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Is there a way to bring back the useful/full right-click menu on items in the start menu?

When I right-click something in the start menu, it brings up this really useless menu that seems to have the whole "metro design" style. but it really lacks any sort of useful options (see here)

When I right-click something on the desktop, it brings up the full, useful context menu. (see here)

Is there a way to fix things and bring back the useful context menu for items within the start menu? I can't tell if this is caused by the start menu displaying things as "Apps" rather than as "Programs", but if i drag an item to the desktop it makes a shortcut which I can then right-click to get the full context menu. I'd prefer not having to use a workaround like that, however.

submitted by /u/acolyte_to_jippity
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/acolyte_to_jippity, Jan 13, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. dhoshaw Win User
    No Fan Control menu item in ATITool 0.26

.27b3 problems with 8800GT 256MB

I tried the .27b3 and encountered some problems.
    • Default profile comes up 0.00 / 0.00
    • App hard locks
    • Still no fan menu
    In the setup menu the following items appear:
    • Overclocking
    • Artifact scanning
    • Temperature monitoring
    • Gamma control
    • Startup
    • 3D-detection
    • Driver tweeks
    • Miscellaneous
    I'm running XP SP2 running NVIDIA 169.21 drivers.

The device details are displayed correctly now.

Regards,

dhoshaw, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Is there a way to bring back the useful/full right-click menu on items in the start menu?

Start Menu item - Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key

In Window 7 and earlier versions, one could right-click an item in the start menu, select properties and access the shortcut tab. Therein lay the Short key field, which I used a lot for creating custom key combinations, eg CTL+ALT+N for Notepad++ or CTL+ALT+P for Paint.NET.

In Windows 10, the start menu seems to treat all items as Apps and right-click brings up a minimal menu, which doesn't include properties.

Ideas/suggestions please for creating customer key-combo shortcuts to programs or getting back the functionality of Windows 7 start menu Right-Click>Properties>Shortcut key.

LooseCannon, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to bring back the useful/full right-click menu on items in the start menu?

1. Is there a way to bring back the useful/full right-click menu on items in the start menu? - Similar Threads - bring useful full

2. Bring back the original full right click menu in Windows 11 or at least make it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bring back the original full right click menu in Windows 11 or at least make it...: I have tested this with 8 people and they were frustrated from the first moment I let them either rename a file, make a shortcute of a folder or file etc.Often I had to tell them where to find it as well as for the unbelievable small copy and paste icons that older people...
  3. Bring back the original full right click menu in Windows 11 or at least make it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bring back the original full right click menu in Windows 11 or at least make it...: I have tested this with 8 people and they were frustrated from the first moment I let them either rename a file, make a shortcute of a folder or file etc.Often I had to tell them where to find it as well as for the unbelievable small copy and paste icons that older people...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  5. Please bring back full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  6. Please bring back full screen start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please bring back full screen start menu: Please bring it back . I have fully adapted to it. I could browse all my apps with a clean wallpaper with no desktop icon. A few big tiles to quick show weather while I click into folder to open my Adobe apps, Spotify, and everything up. It is much more versatile and...
  7. Right click on Start menu item, item disappears

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Start menu item, item disappears: A reinstall of Insider Preview. If I click on "Start", scroll to a program, Outlook, for example, when I right click the Start menu disappears.Happens with any Program, App, that I click on. There's sort of a 1 second delay before its gone. Ran an sfc /scannow and found...
  8. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  9. Right Click start menu items do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click start menu items do not work: I updated to windows 10 last week and everything worked. Now if I right click on the start menu, the context menu items other than Run, shut down, search or desktop no longer do anything. Cortana always asks me to switch my speech language, but if I ignore that it works and...
  10. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...