Windows 10: Is there a way to change all internet shortcut icons at once?

Discus and support Is there a way to change all internet shortcut icons at once? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Instead of going to each one and changing it that way. I need a faster method. 139627 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hotsuma, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Hotsuma Win User

Is there a way to change all internet shortcut icons at once?

Instead of going to each one and changing it that way. I need a faster method.

:)

Hotsuma, Aug 31, 2019

2. Desktop Shortcut Icons

Hi Mik-Dav,

The desktop shortcut created for a specific website should bear the website's actual logo. With what you've experienced, there could be something wrong with how the shortcut was created.

If you've created the shortcut by selecting Create shortcut, then we suggest that you try the other way, that is by dragging the website icon that appears in the address bar to your desktop. Follow these steps:

• Using Internet Explorer, access a website.
    • Once the website opens, you will see its icon in the address bar.
    • Click and drag the icon on your desktop.

The website shortcut bearing its actual logo should now be saved on your desktop.

Let us know if you need further help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 31, 2019
  3. Desktop Shortcut Icons

I tried using Edge that comes with the computer and I can see the logo you are talking about. When I try to drag it to the desktop you can see that I have it but as soon as I drop it the window opens rather than putting the shortcut icon on the desktop.

mik-dav 1500, Aug 31, 2019
  4. Is there a way to change all internet shortcut icons at once?

Blank shortcut icon GPU-Z

I know I am quite late but as I was scrolling through I saw this post which happened to one of friend too. This sometimes happens with Windows. Usually a reboot will solve the problem. However if this doesn't, try setting the icon for the shortcut(right-click pinned icon, right-click program, left-click properties, select "change icon...") or refreshing it by switching to a different icon, applying it, and then reverting back to the original icon. Remove the shortcut from the taskbar and replace it with the start menu shortcut or simply drag the .exe file to the taskbar.

lorraine walsh, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to change all internet shortcut icons at once?

1. Is there a way to change all internet shortcut icons at once? - Similar Threads - change internet shortcut

2. Can I change the folder icons all at once?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I change the folder icons all at once?: I was thinking of changing the icons for all the folders but don't want to change them one by one... Is there a way to change them all at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-folder-icons-all-at-once/362a8230-9bd1-4505-a1ca-c17495b55962
  3. Can I change the folder icons all at once?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I change the folder icons all at once?: I was thinking of changing the icons for all the folders but don't want to change them one by one... Is there a way to change them all at once? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-folder-icons-all-at-once/362a8230-9bd1-4505-a1ca-c17495b55962
  4. Changed shortcut icon.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changed shortcut icon.: Hello, I have just had a strange experience with my desktop icons. All my dektop shortcuts had their little arrow icon changed into a black character with a waving hand on a white background. It covered most of the icon behind it. However after I reset Windows Explorer, the...
  5. Changing a Shortcut Icon

Changing a Shortcut Icon: I'd like to change the icon of a Google docs shortcut from the standard Microsoft Edge logo to the actual Google docs logo. Is this possible, as if so how do I do this? Thank you...
  6. Shortcut icons change

Shortcut icons change: My PC has crashed on reboot. I had to turn it off by pressing and holding the power button. Then I turned on my PC but the shortcut icons have changed. They have an arrow now. But my computer is working without any other problems...
  7. Best way to add- change the current icon a custom icon for a shortcut

Best way to add- change the current icon a custom icon for a shortcut: After trying several different variations found posted on the web and not getting what i needed, I hope someone here might know the solution. I am working with a long script that in its final steps creates a shortcut to a website which works as needed but the same script...
  8. Changing the default icon for an internet shortcut is not universal

Changing the default icon for an internet shortcut is not universal: I have used the usual route to changing a default icon in "Properties" for internet shortcut(s). However, changing one file icon strangely does not change all the rest. Is this a bug? Is there a workround? 15825
  9. How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons

How to change Chrome internet shortcut icons: Hi guys, I will try to explain in as much detail about exactly what I am trying to do with minimum confusion. I have 3 chrome internet shortcut icons on my desktop which lead to Netflix, Hulu and Youtube. I would like to change these 3 shortcuts (from the chrome icon)...
  10. is there a way to change Internet icon on w10 back?

is there a way to change Internet icon on w10 back?: I hate the three circular lines. I keep getting it mixed up with volume speaker with soundwave lines coming off it. I want the bar chart back, please, if anyone can help? 16009