Windows 10: Is there a way to change decimal symbol settings within certain applications when running a...

Discus and support Is there a way to change decimal symbol settings within certain applications when running a... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am trying to troubleshoot a user issue with my software program. The software should calculate account numbers in traditional US format (100.00).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MS_UT11, Nov 6, 2018.

1. MS_UT11 Win User

Is there a way to change decimal symbol settings within certain applications when running a...

I am trying to troubleshoot a user issue with my software program. The software should calculate account numbers in traditional US format (100.00). However, users running the Windows German language pack on their OS are defaulting to the radix point (comma) in their numbers format within the software (100,00). They are using the Deutsch, Deutsch pack.
    Users want to be able to use the radix point for other programs on their workstation, but change the decimal symbol within our specific software.

Our software is not coded to determine punctuation settings--it reads these from the OS defaults. Is there a way to add an exception to a language pack format for certain applications? Or the ability to toggle between them easily?

:)

MS_UT11, Nov 6, 2018

2. Windows Calculator decimal separator is always comma

Hi,

To change the decimal symbol back to a period, follow these steps:

• In Control Panel, click Region. Click on Advance settings.
    • Click the Number tab.
    • Change the Decimal Symbol setting to a period (.).
    • Click OK.
    Please let us know if the issue still persists.

Pinaki Mohanty, Nov 6, 2018
  3. How to change the regional decimal symbol setting from "," to be"." for my computer for Arabic Users?

Type intl.cpl in Windows 10 Start Search box (Cortana) and Enter

Click Advanced Settings

Here you need to change decimal symbol in both Number and Currency tabs

E for Excel, Nov 6, 2018
  4. IslamNeyo Win User

Is there a way to change decimal symbol settings within certain applications when running a...

How to change the regional decimal symbol setting from "," to be"." for my computer for Arabic Users?

Hello dear,

I think that you didn't read my question completely! Is there a way to change decimal symbol settings within certain applications when running a... :)

I need to change it for Arabic numbers.

Thanks

IslamNeyo, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Is there a way to change decimal symbol settings within certain applications when running a... - Similar Threads - change decimal symbol

2. Certain applications within windows 10 not appearing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Certain applications within windows 10 not appearing.: Hello I have a problem where certain application logos within windows are not appearing. The apps without logos are either video files or apps from the microsoft store and they are simply all the same image. Does anyone know a fix for this?...
  3. When will the incorrect decimal symbol for South Africa regional settings be fixed?

When will the incorrect decimal symbol for South Africa regional settings be fixed?: When will the incorrect decimal symbol for South Africa regional settings be fixed? It should be a period and not a comma. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-will-the-incorrect-decimal-symbol-for-south/8f65949c-02f1-442d-807d-1e3802220a91
  4. Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there any way to disable certain cameras for certain applications?: An example is only using OBS virtual camera on chrome while my regular webcam is disabled but OBS will be using that webcam for the virtual webcam. Can I do that?...
  5. Is there a way to have a power plan set when certain applications are running?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to have a power plan set when certain applications are running?: I suppose I could write a script for this but didn't want to reinvent a wheel. Google hasn't helped much however. Basically I have a power plan I call 'Super Saver' which is configured to save as much power (this computer is on 24/7) as possible while ensuring the PC doesn't...
  6. Cmd.exe 'powercfg -requests' different result when run within application

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cmd.exe 'powercfg -requests' different result when run within application: I am working on creating an application that monitors and controls sleep settings. I noticed that my application prevents the computer from sleeping because it uses an audio stream. I attempted to create an algorithm that would find all the drivers preventing sleep using...
  7. Cmd.exe powercfg -requests different when run within application

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cmd.exe powercfg -requests different when run within application: I am working on creating an application that monitors and controls sleep settings. I noticed that my application prevents the computer from sleeping because it uses an audio stream. I attempted to create an algorithm that would find all the drivers preventing sleep using...
  8. Undervolting cpu when running certain applications

Undervolting cpu when running certain applications: Hi I would like to know is there any way to undervolt cpu when i run certain application For example When i am opening gta 5 the cpu should be undervolted and after exiting the cpu should be back to normal I am using intel xtu...
  9. Can I change the decimal symbol settings?

Can I change the decimal symbol settings?: I have a problem, our accounting software uses the traditional US format (100.00). But the users, who are running the Windows German language pack, defaulted to the other format of radix point (comma in the number), e.g. (100,00). And they’d like to use the radix point for...
  10. Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Run Certain Applications. Cannot Find Application: I have windows 10. Recently, i ran Driver Booster to update some device drivers. After this, I realized that my AVG antivirus needed update, so I did this also. After this, i noticed that I cannot run certain programs, like my task manager, IOBit Smart Defragmentation. The...