Windows 10: Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot...

Discus and support Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Carbon_Trioxide [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Carbon_Trioxide, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot...

/u/Carbon_Trioxide, Apr 23, 2020

2. HDR streaming not turning on.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern that the HDR streaming is crashing in your laptop. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the PC?

However, we would like you to update the display/graphics driver to the latest version and also suggest you to refer this article and let us know the status of the issue:

Stream HDR video on Windows 10

We await your response,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator.

Aditya_Roy, Apr 23, 2020
  3. HDR Streaming grayed out in windows 10

Hi Mohammed AlJasim,

We determined the issue and found out that your computer specs and graphics card are highly capable of enabling HDR and running a 4K video.

Since you've already tested this on Sony TV and its perfectly working fine, we suggest that you
    contact your other TV manufacturer’s support team (which is
    BenQ) directly for confirmation if this TV is really capable for
    streaming HDR videos in Netflix or not.

To know how to contact them, you can visit this link:
    BenQ Support.

Netflix has a feature to auto-detect the capability monitors or TVs if they can stream HDR videos or not.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Johann Eva, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Thagstrom Win User

Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot...

Thagstrom, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot...

1. Is there a way to change HDR settings? I have HDR-streaming capable display, but I cannot... - Similar Threads - change HDR settings

2. Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming: My laptop claims to support HDR Streaming Video, but I know that it isn't true HDR since my laptop lacks local dimming. As far as I understand, HDR streaming compatibility on built-in displays is achieved through tone mapping. My laptop has both a dGPU Dedicated Graphics...
  3. Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-In Display Overexposes HDR Video Streaming: My laptop claims to support HDR Streaming Video, but I know that it isn't true HDR since my laptop lacks local dimming. As far as I understand, HDR streaming compatibility on built-in displays is achieved through tone mapping. My laptop has both a dGPU Dedicated Graphics...
  4. i have a Navdia 2080ti and a HDR capable 70" HDTV and was using HDR until i turned TV and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have a Navdia 2080ti and a HDR capable 70" HDTV and was using HDR until i turned TV and...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TiI plugged in the new 70" Roku HDTV and it showed on my Windows 11 that it was HDR capable, I turned it on and played FFXIV and Netflix with no problems in HDR. When i went...
  5. i have a Navdia 2080ti and a HDR capable 70" HDTV and was using HDR until i turned TV and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i have a Navdia 2080ti and a HDR capable 70" HDTV and was using HDR until i turned TV and...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz Installed RAM 64.0 GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080TiI plugged in the new 70" Roku HDTV and it showed on my Windows 11 that it was HDR capable, I turned it on and played FFXIV and Netflix with no problems in HDR. When i went...
  6. Cannot get HDR to function in display settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot get HDR to function in display settings: I previously owned a Lenovo L24Q-20 monitor running off a Nividia 1660 video card. Windows 10 tells me it is not HDR capable. On the advice of Lenovo, I purchased the L24Q-30 monitor with greater capabilities they say is HDR capable. Windows 10 still tells me my display is...
  7. USE HDR Streaming = No

in Windows 10 Customization
    USE HDR Streaming = No: I have a Intel NUC NUC8i5BEH - i5 8259U with the Iris 655+ on board graphics chip. This combination should support 4K HDR.I acquired a Samsung LS32AM702UNXZA monitor - HDR10 capable.I have the Samsung driver for the monitor installed. According to DXDIAG compared against MS...
  8. Is it still impossible to clone two HDR-capable displays while HDR is activated?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it still impossible to clone two HDR-capable displays while HDR is activated?: Been try to figure a way but no luck yet. HDR option simply disappears after the screens are duplicated. submitted by /u/DMTCG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3l5bb/is_it_still_impossible_to_clone_two_hdrcapable/
  9. HDR streaming not turning on.

in Windows 10 Customization
    HDR streaming not turning on.: My laptop is supporting HDR steaming but when i try to turn it on it crashes. i tried with power supply on in laptop. now i don't know what i have to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdr-streaming-not-turning-on/cae4ebbd-37c5-4a35-986c-f6fa7eb6c4ff
  10. "Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Stream HDR video: No", other capabilities are "Yes": I have a Philips HDR monitor. When I go to "Windows HD Color settings" for that display, I see the following: [ATTACH] What exactly does that mean? What's the issue with HDR video? How can a display support HDR games and apps, but not HDR video? The display does support...