Windows 10: Is there a way to change language on startup screen? (Restarting and Updating Message)

Discus and support Is there a way to change language on startup screen? (Restarting and Updating Message) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PreventAskingWhy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PreventAskingWhy, Jan 26, 2021.

1. Is there a way to change language on startup screen? (Restarting and Updating Message)

/u/PreventAskingWhy, Jan 26, 2021
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Jan 26, 2021
  3. change display language

/Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if you are able to change the language in the lock screen by following the steps below:

• In the lock screen click on the last icon from the right.
    • Select English from the menu.

If this option is not available, in the lock screen, hold the Windows key and use Space bar key to change language.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Is there a way to change language on startup screen? (Restarting and Updating Message)

Reolution change in startup or restart

Hi Erik,

Thank you for posting your response.

Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Install all pending Windows updates in your computer. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.
    • Disable the screen saver and see if it helps.
    • Run msconfig. Then, on the Boot Tab, ensure that the Base Video option is un-checked. Restart.
    Do let us know if the resolution changes after startup. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to change language on startup screen? (Restarting and Updating Message)

1. Is there a way to change language on startup screen? (Restarting and Updating Message) - Similar Threads - change language startup

2. Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?: Computer was originally set to display in Swedish but I prefeer to have all my tech in English and even though I have changed the display language notepad and notably the screenshot tool remains operating in Swedish. Since I was able to uninstall and reinstall notepad I...
  3. Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change Windows Notepad display language?: Computer was originally set to display in Swedish but I prefeer to have all my tech in English and even though I have changed the display language notepad and notably the screenshot tool remains operating in Swedish. Since I was able to uninstall and reinstall notepad I...
  4. Welcome screen language changed and won’t update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Welcome screen language changed and won’t update: Logging in today and the language on my welcome screen is no longer English. I tried changing it back via Control Panel -> Clock and Region -> Region -> Administrative -> Copy settngs -> Check the “Welcome screen and System Accounts” -> OK. Did a restart, but it still shows...
  5. Welcome screen language changed and won’t update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Welcome screen language changed and won’t update: Logging in today and the language on my welcome screen is no longer English. I tried changing it back via Control Panel -> Clock and Region -> Region -> Administrative -> Copy settngs -> Check the “Welcome screen and System Accounts” -> OK. Did a restart, but it still shows...
  6. How to change my computer's Startup Language?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change my computer's Startup Language?: When I put my computer in sleep mode, power off, or restart, the language displayed is spanish, likely because I missclicked when originally setting up the computer, but everything else on my computer is in english, and all the setting in my language settings are set to...
  7. How to change my computer's Startup Language?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change my computer's Startup Language?: When I put my computer in sleep mode, power off, or restart, the language displayed is spanish, likely because I missclicked when originally setting up the computer, but everything else on my computer is in english, and all the setting in my language settings are set to...
  8. Extra message on blue restart after update screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Extra message on blue restart after update screen: Every month I get get the usual 'Configuring...' message when restarting after a cumulative update but today I got an extra one 'Cleaning up' Is this an extra thing Windows is doing or is it just clarifying how far along it is in finishing the update process? Just to make...
  9. Weird Message During Startup, is there a way to turn it off?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Message During Startup, is there a way to turn it off?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Coocoocow [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e80i1c/weird_message_during_startup_is_there_a_way_to/
  10. Black screen on startup, then restarts.

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on startup, then restarts.: I just installed Windows 10, but every time I start up the computer, it will show a black screen before getting to the login screen and then the computer will restart by itself after about 5 seconds. It does this over and over again. Some things I've tried: - I...