Windows 10: Is there a way to change one icon size?

Discus and support Is there a way to change one icon size? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] What I'm trying to accomplish:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AmNotFester, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Is there a way to change one icon size?

/u/AmNotFester, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Font and Icon size

Hi Vickie,

It's possible that some settings were accidentally changed, affecting your icons and font size. We'd like to learn more about your concern so that we could provide the proper resolution. We just have a few questions for you:

• Which build version of Windows 10 is on your computer? To check, click
      Start
      , type winver, and press Enter. For example, 14393.1066.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As initial recommendation, we suggest following these steps to change the icon size:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Select View.
    • Choose Medium icons or Small icons, whichever you prefer more.

Additionally, you can change the display size of texts and other items by following these steps:

• Right-click on an empty space on your desktop.
    • Click Display settings.
    • Under Change the size of text, apps, and other items, drag the slider over to 100%.
    • If the slider is already on 100%, click Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, choose the Recommended option from the drop-down choices.

We'll wait for your response to our questions and the results of the initial troubleshooting.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 9, 2021
  3. Shawn Brink, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Is there a way to change one icon size?

How to change the size of icon

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to know how to change the size of Desktop icons. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the steps to change the size of the icons.

1. Right click on "Desktop".

2. Select "View".

3. Customize accordingly.

To change the icon:

1.Right click on the folder you want to change the icon

2. Select "Properties".

3. Click on "Customize".

4. Click on "Change icon".

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thanks.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to change one icon size?

1. Is there a way to change one icon size? - Similar Threads - change icon size

2. Change Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Taskbar Icon Size: I never commanded my taskbar to change anything so maybe this came with an update but I do not need extra large icons on my task bar just to see what I'm clicking on. I click on the taks bar to change the icon saize and click on taskbar settings and it's not even an option!...
  3. Change Taskbar Icon Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Taskbar Icon Size: I never commanded my taskbar to change anything so maybe this came with an update but I do not need extra large icons on my task bar just to see what I'm clicking on. I click on the taks bar to change the icon saize and click on taskbar settings and it's not even an option!...
  4. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  5. Desktop Icon changes size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon changes size: Windows 11 22H2 22621.2134 Public Release versionDoes anyone else have problems with Desktop Icons changing size?I have one icon on my desktop, that when I start my computer displays it's large size. During the course of the day while using my computer, without even touching...
  6. Desktop icons changed size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons changed size?: I had my desktop really nice and organised, all the icons were the default size and such. however i took my pc with me on holiday and plugged it into an external TV which in turn changed all my icons around and it changed their size . i thought it would be fine as when i...
  7. Is there a way to change a PDF icon to a custom one?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is there a way to change a PDF icon to a custom one?: Is there a way to change a PDF icon to a custom one? I'm not talking about the PDF application, I'm talking about the files. I want to change every icon of every PDF file on my computer to a custom icon. Thanks in advance Default PDF file iconCustom Icon [ATTACH][IMG]...
  8. Icons randomly change sizes.

Icons randomly change sizes.: I have my desktop icons set to Large and all of the programs / shortcuts have 256x256 icons. They all appeared as large icons until a couple of days ago when a game I was playing crashed. After that about half the icons had reverted to a smaller size, this has also happened...
  9. Changing the size of desktop icons

Changing the size of desktop icons: Hello, When I place a shortcut to a file on the desktop it assigns the default icon (e.g. Word or Excel icon) and this is approx 80 x 80 pixels. If I then change that icon to one that I've created it displays at approx 40 x 40 pixels (choosing an icon from the icons folder...
  10. Simple way to change the size of desktop Icons w/ mouse....

Simple way to change the size of desktop Icons w/ mouse....: I don't know how many times I have been asked how to change the size of the desktop Icons in Win 8.1/10. The following trick is easier than any other method. Period. Hold down the CONTROL button and use the mouse wheel to scroll up/down and you will notice your icons...