Windows 10: Is there a way to change text scaling very quickly?

Discus and support Is there a way to change text scaling very quickly? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the text scaling quicker than opening settings and burrowing through the menus? For instance is there a way to do it at the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ricecrispies, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Is there a way to change text scaling very quickly?

Is there a way to change the text scaling quicker than opening settings and burrowing through the menus? For instance is there a way to do it at the command line that could be turned into a script I could run with one click? The recommended (and most comfortable) scaling on my laptop is 150%, but I often need to to change to 100% to do things like web development, DAW and video editing, and I want to be able to do this quickly and get back quickly to 150%.

:)

ricecrispies, Apr 20, 2019
  2. Muyfa666 Win User

Hotkey for changing scaling level?

Are there any way to create a hotkey or so to quickly change scaling level in Win10?

I have my PC hooked up to a TV and sometimes I want to change the scaling quickly for some programs.

Any chance of this happening?

Muyfa666, Apr 20, 2019
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Size of TEXT on the Desktops. NOT size of icons) but size of TEXT TEXT TEXT

Hi,

Please follow below steps to change the size of text:

• In the search bar, look for Display settings, then click it.
    • A pop up will appear showing the Display settings.
    • Click on the scale to change the size of text, apps and other items.
    Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Is there a way to change text scaling very quickly?

Windows 10 Scaling Issues!!!!!

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

This issue may arise due to the change in settings. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before providing troubleshooting steps, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Type Settings on the search bar and open Settings.

• Click on System and choose Display.

• You will see change the size of Text, apps, and other items.

• Make changes accordingly and check if it helps. If the issue still persists:

• Click on Advance Display settings

• Change the resolution accordingly and check if it helps.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to change text scaling very quickly?

1. Is there a way to change text scaling very quickly? - Similar Threads - change text scaling

2. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?: I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down >...
  3. Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a quick way to change the display scale ?: I often plug and unplug a large screen on my laptop running Windows 11.Each time I do it I have to change the display scale from/to 100/125% on my laptop screen for comfort.To do so I have to go to the desktop > right-click > Display setting > click on the Scale's drop down >...
  4. BSODs got way worse very quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs got way worse very quickly: I've been working on figuring out why Windows crashes for me recently. It's been a variety of factors since I got this PC and when I iron out a problem another one appears. It seems like this latest system update has escalated these issues dramatically. Two weeks ago I left...
  5. BSODs got way worse very quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs got way worse very quickly: I've been working on figuring out why Windows crashes for me recently. It's been a variety of factors since I got this PC and when I iron out a problem another one appears. It seems like this latest system update has escalated these issues dramatically. Two weeks ago I left...
  6. Shortcut for changing text and apps scale

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shortcut for changing text and apps scale: Hello, I am trying to use my PC in living room from afar and it works great when used with 200% scale on text, icons and apps, but switching between 100% when using at desk and 200% when from couch is a bit cumbersome to go through display settings every time. Is there a way...
  7. Text scaling / Blurry font

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Text scaling / Blurry font: Hey guys, I assembled a new machine and in the fresh W10 install I'm having some blurry font issues, it's weird because I had the same settings (125%) in the previous install and it didn't happen. It only seems to happen in some dialogs, always on software installers...
  8. Desktop icons disappeared when I was changing text scaling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons disappeared when I was changing text scaling: View Desktop Icons is still checked, I'm not in tablet mode, all icons disappeared right when i changed text scaling. Reverting the change did not help. I also tried restoring the recycling bin but that didn't work. Also dragging a new icon to the desktop does nothing....
  9. Multimonitor scaled text blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Multimonitor scaled text blurry: Hi! I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 recently, and I got greeted with the probably oldest win10 problem: DPI scaled text is blurry. I did a clean install, version is 1909. My monitors are: 1: 1920x1080 , scaling: 150% 2: 2560x1440 , scaling: 125% 3: 1920x1200 , scaling:...
  10. Text scale slider is absent

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text scale slider is absent: I have installed the new October Update for Windows but the font scale slider is absent. I have the Pro version of Windows 10 version 1809. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/text-scale-slider-is-absent/34dfcec9-c1a6-4fdf-a741-e930231675ca