Windows 10: Is there a way to change the drive mapping depending on the SSID I am connected to?

Discus and support Is there a way to change the drive mapping depending on the SSID I am connected to? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use my laptop at work which I have a mapped drive on my laptop that cnnects to the NAS at work when I am out of the office but when I am in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Trent Perez, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Is there a way to change the drive mapping depending on the SSID I am connected to?

I use my laptop at work which I have a mapped drive on my laptop that cnnects to the NAS at work when I am out of the office but when I am in the office my drive map cannot connect to the same server name. I have to change my drive mapping server name when I am in the office. Is there a way to have windows 10 change the drive mapping for the network drive depending on which wireless network it is connected to so that when I connect to the office wireless network It would map to the local I of the network drive and when I am connected to any other wireless network it will use the DDNS drive I have established?

:)

Trent Perez, Aug 14, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Map Network Drive in Windows 10

Hello cognus, Is there a way to change the drive mapping depending on the SSID I am connected to? :)

I find the best way to keep a mapped drive always available is to use OPTION ONE and select Reconnect at sign-in at step 5.

The (Remains connected after next logon) command in the other options should work for you as well though.

It's normal for the mapped drive to have a red X on it after not being used for a while, but clicking on the drive should have it be automatically connected again after a short wait sorta like waiting for a HDD to spin back up after being turned off when idle.

I'm not aware of a way to keep a mapped drive to always stay active.

Brink, Aug 15, 2019
  3. Mapped Drives

Hi DarlaSansoucie,

There are several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a corrupted registry file, a software conflict or an issue with your network connection. I'd like to get more information regarding this so we could further check and provide a more established
    workaround. Kindly answer the following:

1. Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    2. What is the exact error message that you're receiving?
    3. Do you have a 3rd party anti-virus installed on your computer?
    4. Are you getting the same issue on a different user profile?
    5. Is your mapped drive connected to a company domain?

In the meantime, try reconnecting it by following the steps provided in this
    article

Here are the other troubleshooting steps that you may try:

• Install all the latest Windows cumulative and security updates.
    • Install all the latest device drivers.
    • Temporary disable your anti-virus to check if the issue persists.
    • Contact your IT department to check for any Group Policy issues.
    To notify us and have us get back to you, simply reply to this post.

Gemzon Mar, Aug 15, 2019
  4. Is there a way to change the drive mapping depending on the SSID I am connected to?

On change of SSID "Unable to Connect to this network" error message

Hi,

I have changed the SSID on my router. So far only 1 of my 5 PC's was able to make a WiFi connection to the network without complications. The other PC's see the new SSID and but on executing the connect command we receive the error message "Unable to Connect
    to this network".

Forgetting the Old SSID in Manage WiFi Settings doesn't work, and it seems the only way to fix this dumb error is a registry edit.

Please provide the correct instructions for both Windows 10 home and pro versions.

If I could also ask: Why the **** am I expected to hack the registry to remove old SSID references. And why is this error still occurring for users since XP?

Aceracer21, Aug 15, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to change the drive mapping depending on the SSID I am connected to?

1. Is there a way to change the drive mapping depending on the SSID I am connected to? - Similar Threads - change drive mapping

2. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  3. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives: I can no longer access NAS devices. I have 2 NAS: Synology DS420+ and WDEX4100, that I have been using for several years, mapped to Y and Z respectively. A couple days ago, I lost connectivity. Came in to my office in the morning and the drives were gone from File Explorer. I...
  4. Lost connectivity to NAS drives as mapped drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Is there a way to force refresh or "restart" drive mapping?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to force refresh or "restart" drive mapping?: I have a file server in my basement and I use a laptop with 3 mapped drives to external usb drives on the server. There is something I run on the basement server that will temporarily make those external drives unavailable and if the laptop notices the mapped drives will get...
  6. Taskbar Hover Showing different SSID than what I am connected to.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Hover Showing different SSID than what I am connected to.: Hi there, I was on my PC today and randomly hovered over the Network icon in my taskbar. It said I was connected to what I think was an old mobile hotspot. When opening up the sidebar it showed I was connected to my home network. I was able to fix this by switching to another...
  7. GPO Drive Mapping Change

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPO Drive Mapping Change: Hi, I use GPO's for drive mapping using security groups. We setup a new server and moved the contents of a share from the old server to the new one. So we went from \\server-share\share to \\shared-server\shares\share$. I set the GPO to the new path \\shared-server\share$...
  8. I am unable to disconnect a mapped drive (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am unable to disconnect a mapped drive (Windows 10): I used to have all the network drives mapped using a GPO, however, I have now moved all the network files into the cloud (G Suite). Therefore, I have removed the GPO that mapped the drives and use Google's File Stream, which automatically maps the G: drive. Whenever, I log...
  9. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: I am having trouble connecting to previously accessible mapped drives. Other office PCs are able to connect without difficulty. I am on a wired Ethernet connection and don't have any difficulty connecting to internet or networked printers. I can RDP to the server that the...
  10. Unable to connect to mapped drives

Unable to connect to mapped drives: Well, not exactly. I have NAS drives and mapped them just like I did on my Windows 7 laptop. It all works fine and the NAS drives show up just fine in network link too. Everything is Ethernet connected. But I see anomalies. If I reboot my machine, or even turn it off and...