Windows 10: Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

Discus and support Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; In other words, my home setup has 2 monitors and a laptop. The order of each is:a Monitor is 3 is currently on the leftb Laptop is in the middle... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardDuran1, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

In other words, my home setup has 2 monitors and a laptop. The order of each is:a Monitor is 3 is currently on the leftb Laptop is in the middle display 1 c Monitor 2 is on the right display 2. Mouse flows from left to right between all three and no issues.I would like to make display 3 become display 2, keep display 1 in the middle and make display 2 become display 3 while also allowing the mouse to go from left to right between all the displays. I have tried dragging and making the order 2 1 3 but that does not let the mouse go from left to right. I feel like many people have this issue b

:)

RichardDuran1, Jan 30, 2023

2. Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

In other words, my home setup has 2 monitors and a laptop. The order of each is:

a) Monitor is 3 is currently on the left

b) Laptop is in the middle display 1

c) Monitor 2 is on the right display 2.

Mouse flows from left to right between all three and no issues.

I would like to make display 3 become display 2, keep display 1 in the middle and make display 2 become display 3 while also allowing the mouse to go from left to right between all the displays. I have tried dragging and making the order 2 1 3 but that does not let the mouse go from left to right.

I feel like many people have this issue but due to wording I am unable to find any solutions.

RichardDuran1, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

Hi RichardDuran1,

I'm Dyari. Thanks for reaching out. I will be happy to assist you in this regard.

In my understanding, you want to duplicate display 2 and 3 (external monitors) while your laptop screen is a different display. is that correct?

If yes, I am afraid that it is not possible as one of the monitors is usually displays the same screen as your laptop screen and the second monitor will be extended.

To extend or duplicate more than one screen with a laptop, you should use a display hub.

Please let me know if you need further assistance or it is not what you are asking for.

DYARIBARHAM, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

How to change Monitor Identities?!

I've been dealing with this issue for years and nobody has ever been able to confirm an answer. I am extremely disappointed that I am unable to change the identity of my monitors.

The only TEMPORARY fix occurs when I uninstall my monitors, delete their registry keys, then turn on my computer and reconnect the monitors one by one in the order I wish for them to be identified. However, that only works for that particular session. As
    soon as I restart my machine Windows changes the monitor identities causing them to get all wonky again.

The AMD Catalyst software is correct and predictable. The Windows software is not. As I add further monitors to my setup (I've tested 1 - 5 monitors) Windows auto changes the identity upon reboot.

In the below image I clicked the "Identify" option on both Windows and the AMD Graphics card settings at the same time. Monitor 1 is the same but 2 and 3 are incorrect. It gets even more confusing when I add my Oculus Rift to the setup. This is causing some
    of my software to constantly crash.

Can anyone please help me get this fixed?

Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work. edf8db44-b39a-420b-add9-a3e0fe08ab2a?upload=true.png

StevenMartin00, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

1. Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work. - Similar Threads - change identity monitors

2. Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch: I am using FreeRDP running openthinclient to connect to a Windows 10 Desktop on a HyperV server. I have 3 monitors on my desk. The session was using each monitor in an extended manor. There was a power flicker and since that time, all three monitors are now acting as if they...
  3. Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch: I am using FreeRDP running openthinclient to connect to a Windows 10 Desktop on a HyperV server. I have 3 monitors on my desk. The session was using each monitor in an extended manor. There was a power flicker and since that time, all three monitors are now acting as if they...
  4. Multiple monitor setup in VDI is not working after power glitch

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.: In other words, my home setup has 2 monitors and a laptop. The order of each is:a Monitor is 3 is currently on the leftb Laptop is in the middle display 1 c Monitor 2 is on the right display 2. Mouse flows from left to right between all three and no issues.I would like to...
  6. Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to change the identity of two monitors? This is impacting my VDI setup at work.: In other words, my home setup has 2 monitors and a laptop. The order of each is:a Monitor is 3 is currently on the leftb Laptop is in the middle display 1 c Monitor 2 is on the right display 2. Mouse flows from left to right between all three and no issues.I would like to...
  7. Two monitor setup question

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Two monitor setup question: I currently have a two-display setup. I would like to share display 2 with a Mac M1 Mini that I just purchased. I woud like to use a manual DVI switch (2 DVI in, 1 DVI out) to select the input to display 2. Here is my question. When I switch input from the PC to the Mac,...
  8. How to change the monitor identities?

How to change the monitor identities?: As the title says, I want to know how can I change my monitor's identities? I want the big monitor to be the number 1, and the small one to be number 2, if I made myself clear enough. Is there a way to do this? [img] 147758
  9. How to change Monitor Identities?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Monitor Identities?!: I've been dealing with this issue for years and nobody has ever been able to confirm an answer. I am extremely disappointed that I am unable to change the identity of my monitors. The only TEMPORARY fix occurs when I uninstall my monitors, delete their registry keys, then...
  10. monitor Display Identities.

monitor Display Identities.: Hi, I have a AMD R9 280 video card. I am running Windows 10. I have a new LG 27" lcd desktop monitor, and a 40" Panasonic plasma wall mounted, for watching movies. Outputs from my vid card are hdmi out to lg, displayport out to hdmi in on my surround sound receiver that is...