Windows 10: Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate

Discus and support Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win 10 seems to have the same issue that Win 8.1 had with the mouse polling rate where the desktop polling rate is locked at 200Hz. I have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by troutspinner, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate

Win 10 seems to have the same issue that Win 8.1 had with the mouse polling rate where the desktop polling rate is locked at 200Hz. I have not validated the actual Hz but the mouse feels the same as 8.1. This is not a gaming issue, I am pretty sure most games will work at the correct polling rate it is just that the desktop no longer does. I am a CAD user and am use to very finite control using a 1000 polling rate and 2400 DPI with a Razer Deathadder.

Anyone here know of a fix? I have not tried the Win 8.1 fix as that fix did not work for me. I don't understand why MS changed this? I'll assume tablet compatibility but it makes for a very lousy mouse experience when you've been used to a 1000 polling rate since Win 7.

:)

troutspinner, Jun 18, 2015
  2. bourdas Win User

Is there a way to change the refresh rate in mail app for windows 10?

Is there a way to change the refresh rate in mail app for windows 10?

bourdas, Jun 18, 2015
  3. Is there a way to change the refresh rate in mail app for windows 10?

Hi Bourdas,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Follow these steps to change the refresh rate in the Mail app:

• Open the Mail app.

• Click on the “Gear icon” and click on “Account” under “Settings”.

• Click on the “Account name” and click on “sync settings”.

• Under “Download new content”, you have 6 options to select.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jun 18, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate

Have you tried turning off Enhanced Precision in the Mouse settings?

Mystere, Jun 18, 2015
  5. It is not a solution for polling rate. I just re-read the Win8.1 fix and may have messed up a step when I tried it in Win8.1. I'll have to see if this same solution will fix it in 10. This is the fix I am referring to. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2908279

6. I feel pretty dumb right now........

I downloaded a mouse polling rate program and to my surprise, Windows 10 is not limiting the polling rate as I am able to get near 1000. Many gamers will be happy to hear this but my issue is was not addressed until I started to think about video drivers, DPI input is relative to screen DPI right? A quick update to the latest drivers and my silky smooth control is back. Yay!

Sometimes writing makes ya think I suppose.

7. batlhilz Win User
    DPI = dots per inch, often referred in image quality. for few examples, common paper magazine uses 75dpi on the prints (or for example low resolution small preview images on internet), you could use lets say 150dpi on a printer or a bit higher quality images on web and for 300dpi you would do for the commercials and stuff like that

keep in mind, that you can have full HD resolution on all of these images, with different DPIs

batlhilz, Jun 20, 2015
  8. swarfega Win User

It depends on the mouse you have. With some mice you can change the dpi on the fly or in the software. I have mine usually set at 1500.

swarfega, Jun 20, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    When it comes to mice, there are a number of specifics. DPI is often confused with polling rate. Polling rate is how often the device driver "samples" the mouse, a higher polling rate is more reactive and seems "smoother". DPI refers to how many screen pixels translate to one inch of mouse movement. A high dpi with a low sample rate results in "stuttering" where the mouse seems to "jump" to the next position rather than smoothly moving to it.

Mystere, Jun 20, 2015
  10. swarfega Win User
    Thanks for the clarification.

swarfega, Jun 20, 2015
  11. Krites Win User
    Did you use the usual "USB Mouse Rate Adjuster" that works in Windows 7? (pictured below)

Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate [​IMG]

If this works then that is great news! I thought I was going to be stuck on Windows 7 forever with my WMO 1.1*Cool

Please confirm this as I can't risk upgrading without knowing I can run 500hz on Windows 10.

Thanks!

Krites, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Nemix Win User
    Get a better mouse, USB is locked to 125Hz polling in Windows.

It's not recommended to overclock the USB ports polling rate on your computer via unsigned 3rd party apps, by doing so you can in the long run damage USB ports being overclocked and the devices connected these USB ports on your computer.

Nemix, Jul 29, 2015
  13. Krites Win User

I'm not going to explain in detail why I love the WMO 1.1 and refuse to use anything else for competitive FPS games, you can look it up if you want, the mouse is famous within the counter-strike and quake communities for it's very raw feeling sensor.

I've been overclocking my USB ports to 1000/500hz for many years without issue.

I was not asking if I should "upgrade" my mouse, I was asking if the "unsigned 3rd party app" that I specified was functional in Windows 10. If it isn't then I will continue to use an operating system that doesn't limit my control over the USB polling rates.

I am not alone in wanting to have this information confirmed.

Krites, Jul 29, 2015
  14. Nemix Win User
    Then on that front, you'll have to look into a community forum that actually supports such apps to overclock your USB ports and see if any users have had success using the app in Windows 10 without problems.

Windows 10 just got released so it may still be to early for anyone using the new OS and such an app to give you any kind of real feedback, my point is this is not directly a Windows related problem.

Nemix, Jul 29, 2015
  15. Krites Win User
    I'm aware this is not the typical place to be discussing such applications. OP stated that he successfully got his mouse to poll at 1000hz within Windows 10, so I am asking him directly what application he used. I would have pm'd him if I didn't need 5 posts to do that.

As you stated Windows 10 just came out and there is not much information or people out there who have tested this yet, I found someone who has and I'm asking him a simple question that is completely relevant to this thread's topic.

This may be the wrong community to discuss such unsupported applications; but it is being discussed in this thread regardless. Please spare me your painfully obvious statements and attempting to police what people are allowed to discuss in an online forum.

Krites, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

1. Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate - Similar Threads - change mouse polling

2. Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.: This Issue has came up as soon as i upgraded from windows 10 to 11. As soon as i drop my mouse polling rate to 125 the lag stops. I Can't Game at 125 cause thats Trash please tell me how to fix it...
  3. Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.: This Issue has came up as soon as i upgraded from windows 10 to 11. As soon as i drop my mouse polling rate to 125 the lag stops. I Can't Game at 125 cause thats Trash please tell me how to fix it...
  4. microsoft classic intellimouse how to change polling rate 1000 to 125hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft classic intellimouse how to change polling rate 1000 to 125hz: i'm playing game sudden attack want mouse polling rate 125hz if is polling rate higher 125hz it will cause mouse shaking plz help i don't see control center change mouse polling Ps. sorry eng my bad....
  5. microsoft classic intellimouse how to change polling rate 1000 to 125hz

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft classic intellimouse how to change polling rate 1000 to 125hz: i'm playing game sudden attack want mouse polling rate 125hz if is polling rate higher 125hz it will cause mouse shaking plz help i don't see control center change mouse polling Ps. sorry eng my bad....
  6. The Mouse's Polling Rate can Cause Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Mouse's Polling Rate can Cause Performance Issues: Hello everyone, Your mouse's polling rate could cause performance issues when playing games. So, next time you have performance issues, try fiddling with the polling rate of your mouse. thank you, Farid....
  7. New Razer Viper 8K mouse with 8000Hz polling rate

in Windows 10 News
    New Razer Viper 8K mouse with 8000Hz polling rate: [ATTACH] IRVINE, Calif. – Razer™, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced their new proprietary Razer™ HyperPolling Technology, debuting in the new Razer Viper 8KHz mouse, the world’s first esports gaming mouse...
  8. WinUSB.sys Polling Rate Error on AMD Ryzen systems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WinUSB.sys Polling Rate Error on AMD Ryzen systems: When using standard WinUSB drivers on Windows 10 Ryzen systems, only USB 3.0/3.1/3.2 Gen 1 ports are polled every 8 ms. USB Gen 2 ports and USB 2.0 ports are polled at 16 ms, which causes unnecessary issues in certain use cases where a timeout occurs waiting on the new input....
  9. Can't increase mouse polling rate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't increase mouse polling rate: Apparently this is an issue with the Windows 10 past certain builds. I've been trying to increase my mouse polling rate which is supposed to be 1000hz but on Win 10 is only workint at 125hz. I tried to do it with the HIDUSBF method and whenever I increase it to any number...
  10. USB 2.0 Optical Mouse polling rate on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 2.0 Optical Mouse polling rate on Windows 10: I will definitely come off as "that guy" when I'm posting this thread but anyway, this is something I feel I need some assistance with. I just upgraded to Windows 10 recently and the experience so far has been very rewarding. It is indeed refreshing to see a nice operating...