Windows 10: Is there a way to change the passwords to a group of PCs in an AD domain?

Discus and support Is there a way to change the passwords to a group of PCs in an AD domain? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Wondering if there is any way to do this. My staff support a small organization with roughly 1600 PCs. We are a public office, so we have about 200... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kai Ponte, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Kai Ponte Win User

Is there a way to change the passwords to a group of PCs in an AD domain?

Wondering if there is any way to do this. My staff support a small organization with roughly 1600 PCs. We are a public office, so we have about 200 "kiosk" PCs where the public can come in and look up information using very locked down desktops. The PCs are all running either Windows 7 or Windows 10. (We're pushing a Win 10 migration later this year.)

One of our security policies is that all AD passwords must be changed every 90 days. So, every 90 days, the users change their passwords. This also takes place for our mainline applications. (Most are not tied into AD yet.)

For the 200 kiosks, my techie staff have to head out and manually change each PC's password. Is there a way using AD or SCCM to select a group of users and change the password for those users?

Is there a way to change the passwords to a group of PCs in an AD domain? f3bf7de3-da72-45b5-8ca2-907b8ec8a3a5?upload=true.jpg

:)

Kai Ponte, Apr 8, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Apr 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 E-mail App domain passwords

Hi Andreas,

To isolate your concern, please answer these questions:

• Are you using a Microsoft account when you log in to your computer?
    • Is it the same as the account that's in the Mail app?
    Depending on your domain, you may need to look into the configuration of the Outlook so it will not ask you to provide your password every time you use it.

We also suggest that you change the password stored in your Outlook each time your domain password is changed.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regile Reb, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Is there a way to change the passwords to a group of PCs in an AD domain?

Changing PC Password Logon

Hi, Mary.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    I understand your concern, we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

As per your query, I suggest that you refer to the steps provided below and check if you can change the password:

• Sign in to your Microsoft Account, click on the Start Menu, and then click on Settings.
    • Select Security and Privacy, select Change Password.
    • Enter the new password you want and Save Changes.

Also refer to the links below for more information.

Link 1: How do I change my password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-password

Link 2: Reset Password.

Reset your password

Hope this information was helpful. Please let us know the status of your issue so that we can assist you further.

Vanessa Sohtun, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to change the passwords to a group of PCs in an AD domain?

1. Is there a way to change the passwords to a group of PCs in an AD domain? - Similar Threads - change passwords group

2. Change password by non-admin group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change password by non-admin group: Dear Microsoft Team,I have Windows a 10/11 laptop. I have created some groups different from Administrators. In each group, I have some users. I want to permit that the users of one group could change their own passwords and other groups passwords except from Administrators...
  3. Change password by non-admin group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change password by non-admin group: Dear Microsoft Team,I have Windows a 10/11 laptop. I have created some groups different from Administrators. In each group, I have some users. I want to permit that the users of one group could change their own passwords and other groups passwords except from Administrators...
  4. Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell: Hello,I am trying to add computer to my company domain, however I get error messageAdd-Computer : Computer 'testcomputer' failed to join domain 'mydomain.local' from its current workgroup 'SDF' with following error message: Access is denied.At C:\temp\JoinDomain.ps1:1 char:1+...
  5. Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell

Problem with adding computers to domain group using powershell: Hello,I am trying to add computer to my company domain, however I get error messageAdd-Computer : Computer 'testcomputer' failed to join domain 'mydomain.local' from its current workgroup 'SDF' with following error message: Access is denied.At C:\temp\JoinDomain.ps1:1 char:1+...
  6. Unable to change domain password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  7. Unable to change domain password

Unable to change domain password: Hi,I have an industrial PC that was initially setup by a coworker. Whenever we start the windows we get the following message:"Your password has expired and must be changed " And after that point no matter I try I receive the following error:"Configuration information could...
  8. Adding Azure AD group to local group fails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding Azure AD group to local group fails: The command below fails with error "there is no such global user or group: AzureAd\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***"net localgroup administrators "AzureAD\*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" /AddI have tried using the SID, no AzureAD, and no domain and...
  9. Is there a way to save group membership in AD so as to restore it later?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to save group membership in AD so as to restore it later?: Hi everyone,I recently encountered a situation where a user was disabled and removed from their security & distribution groups.They were later re-enabled but of course were no longer part of their previous groups, so the original user access records had to be reviewed and we...
  10. How to administer logons on family PCs, compared to AD domains

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to administer logons on family PCs, compared to AD domains: As an experienced system administrator, I'm used to administering user accounts, passwords, login problems, lost passwords and so on via Active Directory. Microsoft seems to be promoting the use Family and Microsoft accounts for user ID management on Windows 10 PCs. I...