Windows 10: Is there a way to change wallpaper via cmd/batch file?

Discus and support Is there a way to change wallpaper via cmd/batch file? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; We're doing a ton of Windows 7 upgrades to Windows 10 (clean installs, not in-place upgrades) and we have a batch file that runs a bunch of stuff as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mon0theist, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Is there a way to change wallpaper via cmd/batch file?

We're doing a ton of Windows 7 upgrades to Windows 10 (clean installs, not in-place upgrades) and we have a batch file that runs a bunch of stuff as part of the new PC deployment process.

Someone else wrote the batch a while back and I'm just trying to improve it a bit. I'd like to be able to set a wallpaper as part of the batch script, but so far I haven't found a way to do so.

This is what I currently have (found here: https://superuser.com/questions/277805/how-do-i-set-the-desktop-background-on-windows-from-a-script)

reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\control panel\desktop" /v wallpaper /t REG_SZ /d "" /f reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\control panel\desktop" /v wallpaper /t REG_SZ /d "VJ-Wallpaper-1920x1080.bmp" /f reg add "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\control panel\desktop" /v WallpaperStyle /t REG_SZ /d 2 /f RUNDLL32.EXE user32.dll,UpdatePerUserSystemParameters`

The wallpaper is BMP format and is in the same directory as the script, but it just doesn't work. I don't get any errors but wallpaper doesn't change.

The script and the file are in a remote directory, not on the local machines, if that matters.

I'm somewhat familiar with scripting but far from an expert (I don't know what any of those flags do for example), I'm basically just trying to be a script kiddie and copy+paste something that works.

Anyone got a solution for this?

submitted by /u/mon0theist
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mon0theist, Dec 19, 2019

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Kotabug Win User
    My Batch File(.bat) is no longer running CMD

My Batch File(.bat) is no longer running CMD and when i go and change the program and find CMD and or Command Prompt it says that the program that i chose cannot be associated with this file type. Please choose another. I ran CMD with .bat file before, but
    now i can't. I there a solution to this, please?

Original Title: Set Associations

Kotabug, Dec 19, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

Is there a way to change wallpaper via cmd/batch file?

Batch Files Knowledge Base

Don't use batch files very much but one I find useful is for creating a list of files in a directory.
    Just copy the text below into Notepad and save as Filelist.bat

dir /a /-p /o:gen >filelist.txt

When you run it from a folder it will create a Filelist.txt file,in the same folder, that lists all the files in that folder.Useful when you are too lazy to type all the files out yourself.

oily_17, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Is there a way to change wallpaper via cmd/batch file?

1. Is there a way to change wallpaper via cmd/batch file? - Similar Threads - change wallpaper via

2. What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?: What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files? Ex:@echo offset /p var="Enter no.: "set /p var2="Enter no.: "set /a result=%var%+%var2%echo Your result is %result%pauseexit /b...
  3. What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?: What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files? Ex:@echo offset /p var="Enter no.: "set /p var2="Enter no.: "set /a result=%var%+%var2%echo Your result is %result%pauseexit /b...
  4. What is %..% sign means in CMD batch files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. is there a way to delete every x number of files via CMD or powershell

in Windows 10 Support
    is there a way to delete every x number of files via CMD or powershell: in a folder I have 300 files (in my case its over 25k). I wish to delete every 20, or every 30 files, or every set pattern of files, how can this be done? things i've tried, using a few selection tool to select every set number of files so I can delete but none has worked...
  6. Is there a way to batch rename files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to batch rename files?: I have a file with pictures formatted as "A-B-C" and need to change all the dashes to underscore such as "A_B_C". Is there a way to do this as a batch in the folder somehow? submitted by /u/gingernuts13 [link] [comments]...
  7. Graphics in Cmd or Batch?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Graphics in Cmd or Batch?: Hello, i want to insert graphics into a batch script, i know it works, but i don't know a command to do so. TIA LG creativeandmore Grafik in Cmd oder Batch?
  8. CMD Batch file help

in Windows 10 Support
    CMD Batch file help: Hello, i am running into a issue i am trying to resolve but im getting nowhere and hopefully someone could help me. I'm simply trying to point a copy to parent or "grand"parent directory/folder. I tried ".." but it seems to come back the same message Code: The system cannot...
  9. Is there a way to remove a device via cmd?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to remove a device via cmd?: Hi all I want to remove a device from "Devices". (See attachment) I tried using devcon.exe remove using device ID. The output says: it removed 1 device and the Bluetooth device is removed from >"Devices". But as soon as i refresh Device Manager the Bluetooth device comes...
  10. Update Screensaver via batch file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Update Screensaver via batch file: Ok ... Just found this forum couple weeks ago and was able to get some bang up batch file stuff. So ... figure I'd join. Especially, since my last piece of information retrieved from here isn't working. Ok ... this is for my computer and personal use only so the advice...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change wallpaper by .bat file

2. how to change the wallpaper from a .bat file