Windows 10: is there a way to change win Product key in the bios

Discus and support is there a way to change win Product key in the bios in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; is there a way to change win Product key in the bios... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Ami6666, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Ami6666 Win User

is there a way to change win Product key in the bios

:)

Ami6666, Nov 26, 2018

2. Product Key in Bios

Hi Users,

I wanted to install Linux on my laptop for workbut I don't know if I will be able to install Windows 10 back on the computer at later date. I know that the latest computers have their Product Keys embedded in their BIOS but I don't know if the computer I
    am using has its Product Key in the BIOS. I want to make sure it has an embedded Product Key before I install Linux so I know if I will be able to install Windows 10 again. Is there any way to determine whether your computer has an embedded Product Key or
    not?

Regards,

Nathaniel Watson

nathanielwatson, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Where to find a Win 10 product key after upgrade?

I just upgraded from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and I was trying to find the product key for the new Win 10 OS.

I found product ID but I am not completely sure whether "product ID" and "product key" is the same thing. The link "change product key" suggests that it is but I would like to have it confirmed.

is there a way to change win Product key in the bios B4e8t.png

Can anyone please confirm or clarify?

Thanks!

BustedSanta, Nov 26, 2018
  4. is there a way to change win Product key in the bios

i know the product id but forget the product key

Hello,

There is still a way to search for your product key. Kindly follow the steps below for you to know your product key:

• Press Windows key + X
    • Click Command Prompt (admin)
    • Enter the following command: wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Then hit Enter
    The product key will be revealed, copy the product key then enter it.

Give us an update on what happens.

Anthony Cato, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

1. is there a way to change win Product key in the bios - Similar Threads - change Product key

2. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Changing Product Key: I recently bought a digital key for Windows 10 , before that I was using a KMS IIRC. Now whenever I do slmgr /dlv to check if the key is changed I see it's still says "Partial Product Key : 6MT6Y" which I've looked up and someone said that it's just a generic key used for...
  3. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Product Key: I recently bought a digital key for Windows 10 , before that I was using a KMS IIRC. Now whenever I do slmgr /dlv to check if the key is changed I see it's still says "Partial Product Key : 6MT6Y" which I've looked up and someone said that it's just a generic key used for...
  4. Changing Product Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. CHANGING PRODUCT KEY

in Windows 10 Customization
    CHANGING PRODUCT KEY: Hello, I have a almost stupid question... If I change my PC's product key, will I lose all of my personal information/apps? I'm currently using a product key that was given to my boyfriend for his university, but it constantly has me change my password and won't let me...
  6. BIOS Product Key is Not Working.

BIOS Product Key is Not Working.: I recently tried using an online random product key I found. It was Windows 10 Enterprise 2009 edition. I entered the product key and it changed but wasn't activiated. Now I lost my original Windows 10 Home. I seriously regret trying some online key. How do I get Windows 10...
  7. change product key

change product key: i can't find the 25 digits to change the product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-product-key/c1055548-6369-42ba-9073-fa109cd71145"
  8. Change Product Key

Change Product Key: II have a product key for windows pro. When I go into Settings to change product key from Home to PRO, It asks for Product Key which is filled in with X's and 0's. When I try to enter my product key it will not let me enter my key. As soon as I try to enter the first...
  9. Changing product key.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing product key.: I recently got a hp computer with windows already installed on it, and I would like to install a game called roblox. it is insisting that I need to change my product key, but to do that I need a 25 digit code. it says I will either have an email or find it on the packaging,...
  10. Product Key Changing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Product Key Changing: If I change my product key can I rechange it back to the original product key without loosing my data?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/product-key-changing/5e8ae58a-d728-4b81-94ca-4d4fb54a26f8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change win key in bios

2. changing product key in bios

3. change product key in bios