Windows 10: Is there a way to completely disable the numpad on my desktop?

Discus and support Is there a way to completely disable the numpad on my desktop? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've obviously tried the NUMLOCK key but that only disables the actual numbers. The ENTER key and * / etc. still function. Also the NUMPAD numbers act... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fatherjimbo, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Is there a way to completely disable the numpad on my desktop?

I've obviously tried the NUMLOCK key but that only disables the actual numbers. The ENTER key and * / etc. still function. Also the NUMPAD numbers act like arrow keys for moving the cursor. Due to my desktop set up I use a pillow to prop up my arm and it hits the numpad and jacks things up when I'm trying to game.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/fatherjimbo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fatherjimbo, Apr 9, 2021
  2. marcwilson, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Thomas Jr Win User
    Numpad lock getting disabled all the time

I am so pissed and annoyed with the behavior of my HP notebook. This model doesn't have an LED to indicate if the Numpad is activated or not. It's extremely frustrating how often it's getting disabled at start-up, it's
    hell.

I know there is a setting in the BIOS, it's set so the Numpad is activated upon start (I might have to doublecheck it though, just in case). Windows 10 also has registry keys to set Numpad to active on start-up, I set
    all these keys (current user, etc.) to "80000002", which means Numpad active.

And yet, time and time again the pest goes back to being deactivated.

I also set a vbscript that runs on start-up and sets the status of Numpad to active. None of this is working!!

At times it works, but it's not consistent. It's most definitely a Windows issue.

I just noticed that some start-up program or setting is disabling the Numpad on start-up. I noticed this when as soon as the computer started, before it had loaded everything, I opened Notepad and tested
    the Numpad, it was working. Then after Windows loaded a few more things, it disabled the Numpad.

Any ideas what could fix this? I'm so frustrated with this notebook, it's hell.

Thomas Jr, Apr 9, 2021
  4. scooptity Win User

Is there a way to completely disable the numpad on my desktop?

A Numpad and Numkey Suggestion

Ok so I own a laptop and I like to sit down on my bed while I put my mouse pad and mouse on the keypad/numpad area because its comfortable but the actual keys on the numpad and the numpad itself is incredibly annoying when I'm watching YouTube or doing or
    things like that and resting my hand and mouse on there make it press things that reset the video or just do things that are incredibly annoying and mess everything up.

Could there be an update or an option in the settings to disable the right side of the keyboard or the numpad area altogether please, If that were to happen I would be incredibly thankful and very happy my suggestion actually had a positive impact on my
    computer.

scooptity, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to completely disable the numpad on my desktop?

1. Is there a way to completely disable the numpad on my desktop? - Similar Threads - completely disable numpad

2. My Numpad is in Trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Numpad is in Trouble: if i click 2, 5, 8, / on numpad right of them also clicked how to resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-numpad-is-in-trouble/1bfa5e1c-1e5c-4d84-93a7-0b19ed1e3c12
  3. My Numpad is in Trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Numpad is in Trouble: if i click 2, 5, 8, / on numpad right of them also clicked how to resolve it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-numpad-is-in-trouble/1bfa5e1c-1e5c-4d84-93a7-0b19ed1e3c12
  4. Numpad controls mouse and I can't disable it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Numpad controls mouse and I can't disable it.: Hi!I was doing my regular thing when all of a sudden my numpad stopped working. I thought my keyboard was broken but then I noticed that it's moving my cursor when I press the keys. I thought I must have accidentally enabled Mouse Keys somehow but Mouse Keys is disabled....
  5. Numpad controls mouse and I can't disable it.

Numpad controls mouse and I can't disable it.: Hi!I was doing my regular thing when all of a sudden my numpad stopped working. I thought my keyboard was broken but then I noticed that it's moving my cursor when I press the keys. I thought I must have accidentally enabled Mouse Keys somehow but Mouse Keys is disabled....
  6. Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop numpad problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Bluetooth Desktop numpad problem: Hi, I recently purchased a Microsoft Bluetooth desktop, keyboard and mouse model no 1898, 1929. When I use it with my M1 mac the numpad does not work correctly. When i type fast it repeats the keystrokes. When I use it with Ms Excel mac version when typing in a cell it...
  7. So is there a way to completely disable Windows Defender now?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So is there a way to completely disable Windows Defender now?: now that Windows prevents creating keys under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Defender is there a way to disable completely Defender? submitted by /u/RedBlueWhiteBlack [link] [comments]...
  8. Numpad lock getting disabled all the time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Numpad lock getting disabled all the time: I am so pissed and annoyed with the behavior of my HP notebook. This model doesn't have an LED to indicate if the Numpad is activated or not. It's extremely frustrating how often it's getting disabled at start-up, it's hell. I know there is a setting in the BIOS, it's set...
  9. Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Support
    Looking for a way to completely disable virtual desktops: Working in a school environment we are trying to find a way via GPO to completely disabel the virtual desktops for our workstations. We have pt in place the setting to hide the taskbar icon but the WIN-CTRL-D shortcut is still accessible. The registry hacks to disable the WIN...
  10. Is there a way to completely disable Cortana?

Is there a way to completely disable Cortana?: So I just installed Windows 10, everything seems to be running great at the moment except for 1 thing, Cortana is still running in the background (taking up around ~30MBs of RAM), even after following Brink's tutorial (link). Is there a way to disable it completely? 9491