Windows 10: Is there a way to control CTFMON from running in Windows 10 Pro 20H2?

Discus and support Is there a way to control CTFMON from running in Windows 10 Pro 20H2? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I been examining my system lately using the Microsoft Sysinternals program ProcMon64 looking at what processes are running behind the scenes and why.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Moondoggy_451, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Is there a way to control CTFMON from running in Windows 10 Pro 20H2?

I been examining my system lately using the Microsoft Sysinternals program ProcMon64 looking at what processes are running behind the scenes and why. On thing that caught my eye was a process that's running constantly called CTFMON.EXE. I searched for this on the internet and found many instances that indicate that CTFMON monitors for use of alternative input devices such as voice, pen, etc. Many of these search results said that if you were not using any alternative input devices you could stop and then disable the Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel service and that would cause CTFMON to not run. Several of these search results seem to indicate that they saw a noticeable increase in performance once the service was stopped and they also did not see any adverse impact as a result. I tried to follow their lead and disable this service however I could not because the option to stop the service and to disable in in Services was not available grayed out. Upon further investigation I leaned that in later versions of Windows 10 Microsoft made this service mandatory.

So my question is this. If you are not using an alternative input device is there anything that you can do to minimize the impact of having CTFMON running all the time? Is there something else that I can disable that would help? If CTFMON has to run and there's nothing I can do this is not a show stopper but my systems is a bit long in the tooth and anything that I can do to boost my performance the better off I'll be.

:)

Moondoggy_451, Mar 25, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

ctfmon

Hello,

Ctfmon is the Microsoft process that controls Alternative User Input and the Office Language bar. It’s how you can control the computer via speech or a pen tablet, or using the onscreen keyboard inputs for asian languages. If you are using any of the mentioned
    tasks, you should leave it enabled. Since you've already tried removing it at the task manager, we suggest that you follow the steps below to disable ctfmon.exe:

• Open Settings by clicking the Windows icon.
    • At the Settings window, type in Administrative tools and select it.
    • At the Administrative tools window, click Services.
    • At the services window, look for Touch Keyboard and Handwriting panel service, set this to disabled and stop the service. This will disable the ability to use the onscreen keyboard.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Mar 25, 2021
  3. CloudyYK Win User
    ctfmon

I randomly got ctfmon on my task manager running and i've tried everything to disable it. It is not on my startup for task manager either :/ pls help me remove it

<Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage>

CloudyYK, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Is there a way to control CTFMON from running in Windows 10 Pro 20H2?

Windows 20H2 - All Printers Offline - Need to Restart Print Spooler Every Time to Print

Hi

I updated to Windows 10 Pro 20H2 through the Windows 10 October 2020 Update Assistant. Every since, whenever I go to print something, I find the printers are offline and won't print. The only way to get something to print is to go to Services and restart
    the Print Spooler. Every print job is this way. It was not like this before the update to 20H2. Any suggestions?

Ian

GreenMenComputers, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to control CTFMON from running in Windows 10 Pro 20H2?

1. Is there a way to control CTFMON from running in Windows 10 Pro 20H2? - Similar Threads - control CTFMON running

2. is there a way to update from windows 10 home to window 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is there a way to update from windows 10 home to window 10 pro?: To be honest with you I brought my desktop under the assumption that when it said it came with windows 10 that it came with windows 10 pro. It came with windows 10 home. Using windows 10 home is like having an unstable, toxic partner. They're fine until you ask them to do...
  3. is there a way to update from windows 10 home to window 10 pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    is there a way to update from windows 10 home to window 10 pro?: To be honest with you I brought my desktop under the assumption that when it said it came with windows 10 that it came with windows 10 pro. It came with windows 10 home. Using windows 10 home is like having an unstable, toxic partner. They're fine until you ask them to do...
  4. is there a way to downgrade from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro?

is there a way to downgrade from windows 10 education to windows 10 pro?: Hi all, I had a windows 10 education license installed but i changed the product key in the settings with my windows 10 pro key. Windows now says it is activated and the version says windows 10 pro but i am still restricted in certain things and my education account is still...
  5. Is there a way to run pure game optimised version of Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to run pure game optimised version of Windows 10 Pro: Microsoft keep adding all these new or extra services and bloatware each update and some cause micro lag affects. I literally don’t use my PC for anything but online pvp gaming and I play with a lot of distance lag, so every little bit helps when optimising my system to...
  6. Windows 10 PRO update to 20H2 from 1703

Windows 10 PRO update to 20H2 from 1703: Hi, I have windows 10 version 1703. I'm trying to upgrade to 20H2 using the update manager. After several minutes installation blocks and the following message is shown Italian. [ATTACH]I cannot find the error code explanation on internet. How could I solve this?...
  7. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 pro 1909 to 20h2

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 pro 1909 to 20h2: I have been trying to upgrade and keep getting error code Oxc1900101. I saw another post about disabling anti-virus soft ware to I deleted my Mcaffe program and still get the error code. Any other suggestions?...
  8. Windows 10 Pro (1909 and 20H2)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro (1909 and 20H2): Hello. A Short description of my problem: Just a few days before I upgraded to Windows 10 20H2, I was still on 1909. I started to notice that my sound ocassionally stuttered and crackled and audio was de-synced from visualizers in my media player (foobar2k). At first I...
  9. Control Panel Windows 10 Version 20H2

Control Panel Windows 10 Version 20H2: After installing the Feature October 20H2 update from the 2004 version i notice the control panel and all its functions have not changed at all. I thought the control panel function was going to change but it has not. Iam not complaining i was just trying to find out why or...
  10. Is there a way to install windows 10 pro from scratch.

Is there a way to install windows 10 pro from scratch.: Hi there I Am trying to find a way to download the windows 10Pro ISO from the media creation tool site. When i purchased the computer it came with W10 Home, then i upgraded and paid over £100 to have it upgraded to Pro on the Microsoft site, all has gone well and Pro is...