Windows 10: Is there a way to control Windows Settings in Windows 10 through PowerShell or Command Prompt?

Discus and support Is there a way to control Windows Settings in Windows 10 through PowerShell or Command Prompt? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Specifically, I want to turn on 'Colour Filter' with 'Greyscale' selected. submitted by /u/Secure_Height6304 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Secure_Height6304, Mar 7, 2021.

1. Is there a way to control Windows Settings in Windows 10 through PowerShell or Command Prompt?

/u/Secure_Height6304, Mar 7, 2021
  2. OneMoar Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Remove-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF1, Package was not found.
    Windows cannot remove Microsoft.3DBuilder_10.0.0.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe because the current user does not have that
    package installed. Use Get-AppxPackage to see the list of packages installed.
    yea its saying it can't find the package here is the output from getxapp package

OneMoar, Mar 7, 2021
  3. Kursah Win User
    PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

PowerShell can process many CLI commands but does have its own syntax as you are finding.

I use it a lot at a management level for carious workstation and sever tasks. Pretty much anything Windows does in the GUI is a powershell command.

I recommend you look up some info on Google and also look into the book, Learn PowerShell in 30-days Worth of Lunches. That'll give you a great start to properly using and understanding PowerShell. Its extremely powerful and useful...the caveat is learning it and understanding what it wants.

You should be able to set it back to CLI in personalization settings if you don't want to learn it. CLI is still food enough for most folks...not sure why they felt the need to do that...ironically I have my menus set to display PowerShell instead of CLI.

http://m.windowsitpro.com/windows-10/pro-tip-replace-command-prompt-powershell-windows-x-menu

Kursah, Mar 7, 2021
  4. Kursah Win User

Is there a way to control Windows Settings in Windows 10 through PowerShell or Command Prompt?

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Mar 7, 2021
Thema:

Is there a way to control Windows Settings in Windows 10 through PowerShell or Command Prompt?

1. Is there a way to control Windows Settings in Windows 10 through PowerShell or Command Prompt? - Similar Threads - control Settings through

2. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  3. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Customization
    Powershell or Command prompt !: Good morning, I use SCANNOW occassionally going into Command prompt etc. I have just been reading that using it with Powershell is better because it is a more powerful tool would you agree ? Is there anything else you would suggest using with Powershell to keep my laptop...
  4. Powershell or Command prompt !

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Uninstall Notepad using PowerShell, Command Prompt or Settings app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Uninstall Notepad using PowerShell, Command Prompt or Settings app in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Notepad has been the default text editor for the Windows operating system s as […] This article Uninstall Notepad using PowerShell, Command Prompt or Settings app in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  6. In Windows 10, is there a way to shorten the command prompt?

In Windows 10, is there a way to shorten the command prompt?: I often use the command prompt in a deeply-nested folder, in which case the prompt becomes excessively long. Is there any way to shorten the command prompt, e.g., display only the last segment of the path or specify a truncation length? If not, I'd like to suggest that such a...
  7. In Windows 10, is there a way to shorten the command prompt?

In Windows 10, is there a way to shorten the command prompt?: I often use the command prompt in a deeply-nested folder, in which case the prompt becomes excessively long. Is there any way to shorten the command prompt, e.g., display only the last segment of the path or specify a truncation length? If not, I'd like to suggest that such...
  8. No command prompt and no PowerShell on my pc windows 10

No command prompt and no PowerShell on my pc windows 10: Hello, No command prompt and no PowerShell on my pc windows 10 ? Thank you Savvy108 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-command-prompt-and-no-powershell-on-my-pc/ec4f5172-b4f7-4970-ba33-aafadfb7a5cb
  9. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....
  10. How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    How to change a file's permission through powershell or command prompt: Is there a way to make a file get executed automatically as admin through command prompt or powershell? Lets say there is a file.exe and I want to tick that box that says "execute as administrator" without right clicking the file and doing it through the user interface....