Windows 10: Is there a way to convert dynamic disk to basic without data loss ?

Discus and support Is there a way to convert dynamic disk to basic without data loss ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have dynamic disk about 2.7TB (GPT), i need to convert it to the basic without data loss. Is there any program that can do that ? I tried couple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by empleat, Jan 28, 2020.

1. empleat Win User

Is there a way to convert dynamic disk to basic without data loss ?

I have dynamic disk about 2.7TB (GPT), i need to convert it to the basic without data loss. Is there any program that can do that ? I tried couple nothing worked. Paid of free doesn't matter.

:)

empleat, Jan 28, 2020

2. how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Lovepreet Pank, Jan 28, 2020
  3. how to convert dynamic disk to basic disk without data loss ?

how to convert dynamic disk to basic disk without data loss ?

Lovepreet Pank, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Jonas Flo Win User

how to convert Dynamic disk to Basic disk without data loss ?

Hi,

The process of conversion is quite tricky but not exactly that complicated. Suggested safe is to have your data cloned and work on the clone instead of the original. This suggestions and steps were provided by one of the Microsoft Community Forum MVP's,
    John John__ in his response on this thread. Follow the steps carefully
    to be able to avoid data loss.

I hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Is there a way to convert dynamic disk to basic without data loss ? - Similar Threads - convert dynamic disk

2. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  3. Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert a dynamic disk into basic disk: Hello guys!Today I need your help because if not then I'll be in danger. Now what happened is that I was trying to split a E drive in disk management tool. So when I did so it gave me a warning message saying that the disk will be a dynamic one and that the PC will not be...
  4. converting back to basic disk from dynamic disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    converting back to basic disk from dynamic disk: I need help! I recently installed Windows 10 on my grandmother's computer. Shortly after, I realized that drive "E" SD card storage was no longer accessible, blocked by tools. Using Disk Management I moved the tools, but in the process accidently converted my "Disk 0" that...
  5. Dynamic gpt disk to basic gpt disk without losing data

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dynamic gpt disk to basic gpt disk without losing data: Hi, how do i convert dynamic gpt disk to basic gpt disk without losing data? I know you can do it via disk management, but for me its greyed out. I have 4tb one and i think why its greyed out is bc it will try to convert it to basic mbr disk (which supports only up to 2tb)...
  6. Converting dynamic disk to basic disk windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Converting dynamic disk to basic disk windows 10: Hi, I accidentally changed my c-drive to dynamic disk. It is my only memory on my pc. How can I change it back to basic disk? I allready searched information and looked up for various instructions and videos. I can't delete volumes because os is installed on that and that...
  7. Is there a way to convert dynamic disc to basic and keep data?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to convert dynamic disc to basic and keep data?: I had a disc that used to keep freezing and have its activity frozen at %100 and not responding while opening some files on it and I decided to run a chkdsk /f on it. Sadly after that I havent been able to even boot to my windows 10 before having its sata disabled from bios...
  8. Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help

Disk Dynamic Invalid back to Basic with data loss help: Hi, Not sute what happend but just noticed that one of my 1TB disks cannot be seen in Win10 1709 Exp. It shows as Dynamic Invalid. I have to parts that I nhave much data in. Is is full of audio files and the other of dp\ocs and p0ds etc. I have used cgisecurity...
  9. Unable to convert 7 partition disk (basic) to dynamic disk

Unable to convert 7 partition disk (basic) to dynamic disk: I am running Windows 10 Pro. I have an old 1Tb drive that used to be the boot (C) drive and also had partitions for two additional drives. I since replaced that 1Tb drive with an SSD and another 2Tb second internal drive. I've inserted the 1Tb in an external USB SATA...
  10. please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk

please help converting basic disk to a dynamic disk: Hi, I am sorry im not tech savy and i am trying to put 24tb together and i have 6 external drives of 4tb each. I am in disk management and I am trying to convert each of them from basic disk to a dynamic disk so i can group them together but it is showing a message of "The...